Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2021

Replies

• @Jobomaphoy yay! So glad to hear everything went well. 🥰

Man, I am feeling RUBBBBBBBISH this week! I am 13 weeks tomorrow, officially my last day of trimester 1 today and I feel as crap as I did in week 10. Sickness eased off week 11 but has come back swinging this week 😭😭😭 I've thrown up more in the past 7 days than I did during the worst of my morning sickness. Boo! 

From memory I think in both previous pregnancies I felt much better by week 15, so hopefully only a couple more weeks of this left before I start feeling back to normal 🤞
  • @lozzz oh nooooo, sorry to hear you're feeling so bad! Wow 13 weeks tomorrow, I bet you're so glad to be out of the first trimester! Hopefully the sickness will go very soon for you!

• So happy for you you @Jobomaphoy fab news thats a good idea @MrsH02 my scans not till the 15th so still a while for me yet at min by my dates I reckon 29th Aug 
  • @Jobomaphoy so glad to hear the good news 🎉🎉 what a relief! These bars keep us on our toes for sure. 

Glad you are able to bring your husbands to the scans. I know mine would have loved it, but he probably won’t even be able to go to the 20w scan either. Poor guy. He did get to hear hb at my last appointment when my midwife was here last week 😊

@Sj83 bet you can’t wait to see your midwife, coming so soon 😊

btw I’m 12w today! My LMP, ovulation and ultrasound all showed a bit different, so midwife picked the middle one to be safest. That’s the date I was using anyway 
  • @lozzz I hope you’re feeling better soon ❤️❤️ I can tell I’m doing much better over time, but some days are better than others for sure. I’m able to do a lot more, but it also feel more sick/tired to do anything, so I’m trying to take it easy. I’ve actually been able to cook a few times per week and only getting takeout once a week, so that’s going much better! It used to be takeout everyday just to find something I could stomach 
  • @KristinO1987 oh that’s great to hit the 12 mark your exactly 2 weeks ahead of me. I’m 10 weeks today so finally made it to double digits. 

Slept dreadful again last night. Didn’t actually fall asleep until 5am and the bin men woke me up at 8. I was so uncomfortable all night. My back was hurting, I felt sick, had bad acid and couldn’t stop burping 🙈. I gave up at 4:30 and went downstairs and made myself a mint hot choc. It seemed to do the trick as eventually went to sleep. 
  • Hi lovelies! Sorry I have been absent...I have really suffered with headaches and nausea the last few days and the fatigue has been crazy. My boobs aren’t as sore but I’m sure they start being excruciating again lol. Not been eating as much as I have been previously due to the nausea. 

@Sj83 not long till our scans! We can really do a count down now. So glad we are the same date for our due date.xxxxxxxx

I only have to wait till next Friday 5th to see midwife for first time. Then 16th for 12 week scan. 

@MrsH02 that’s a great idea for a wee chart for our dates x

@j@Jobomaphoy so pleased for you lovely! Xxx

@lozzz get better soon lovely! Still snowy here! Still really hot where you are? Xxxx

much love to everyone xxxxxxxx
  • Hi ladies, hope you're all well... im feeling slightly better now because my gynae gave me something to help settle my nausea and vomiting and MAN DOES IT WORK! I do feel overly exhausted though. I have a 2 year old and its like having 7 kids in 1. he has so much energy! I have my 12 week scan on 12/02. My Husband isnt allowed currently to those visits (the 3 main ones). Although i have monthly scans at my gynaecologist and he comes to those.. Here in italy where i live, he will also only be allowed into the room with me when its time for me to push baby out. Then he can stay for 2 hours, and then he isnt allowed back into the hospital until i have to leave after 3 days (assuming all goes well). Thankfully, this is my second child, so im ok about it... but its going to be lonely days! 
  • @KristinO1987 are they still not letting partners in to scans where you are? Would you be able to have a private one where he could come. I do feel so sorry for those who can’t have partners come, it’s so rubbish. Hopefully by the time it’s august covid will of completely settled so partners can be there as soon as you go in to hospital. 

I don’t know about you guys but to me august seems so long away still when I say it, however, when I look at a calendar and work out things that are happening in between I’m like ohhhhh it’s not that far. It dawned on me this morning that I’m officially 1/4 of the way through now which seems crazy. 

@Sj83 Iv still not got a date for my official booking in/dating scan. I took some forms in to the GPs yesterday for the midwife who should be going in tomorrow so I’m hoping she gets a wriggle on and sorts it when she see it. As I don’t speak to her until 2 weeks tomorrow. 

And just to add to my stress the estate agent rang me yesterday and said everyone is happy and ready to proceed with the sale of my house with a date of 12th feb so I have 2 weeks to pack up my house 🙈😩. And to make it worse my house that I’m buying isn’t ready until the end of feb (it’s a new build so not negotiable) so I have got to move back in with my parents with the kids and put my animals in to a cattery and convince the ex to have the dog. Oh the joys it just gets better!!! 
  • @MrsH02 gosh sounds like you have a busy month ahead. Think of it on the plus side though, you will be extra busy so the weeks will go quicker. 

Sorry alot of you are feeling rubbish atm. Hopefully in next few weeks things will improve. I found yesterday my nippers were really painful. Probably because I'd actually worn a bra the day before which haven't been doing with lockdown lol xx
  • @Stokiejodie bras are the worst at the moment! I only put one on if Iv got to go out. The rest of the time I just hang free 😂😂 although I’m going back to work on Monday so don’t have a choice but to wear one. I’m also abit worried as to whether my uniform is going to fit Iv not worn it since NYE and my body has most definitely changed shape since then. I wear dresses and don’t have the tunics and trousers so it’s not even like I can loosen it 😬😬 oh well I can have a laugh putting it on on Monday!
  • @EmPa Iv only just seen your message. I can’t believe they don’t let partners in until your ready to push, does he just have to wait in the corridor or literally not even in the hospital? Hopefully by august things will of settles and the rules relaxed. Glad to hear you got something for the nausea, I think that is definitely the worst pregnancy symptom by far. Mine seems to of settled loads now. I think it was exacerbated by having covid at the same time so thankfully I’m starting to feel a lot better x
  • @MrsH02 if I dont have to wear a bra I dont bother. Its not like I've got much to support anyway haha. I even walk the dog with no bra on I just put my big coat on 🙈🤣

Oh gosh. Maybe try them on before in case you need go buy some new clothes. Ive been living in pj bottoms and when been going shop or hospital ive got pair of leggings which are the loosest and a slack pair of button up trousers but even the stretchy trousers are fitting more snug. I dont dare try anything else on. Even before Xmas my jeans were abit tight and not comfy so they definatly won't fit anymore. Think I'm just going get aload of leggings and tops/dresses to live in for next how many months haha xx
  • @MrsH02 oh im so sorry! A close friend of mine was positive too and said it was really rough... I hope you get better soon! 

So what i heard is that he has to be in the waiting room, and when i and ready to push he can come in! Its crazy!! 
  • @MrsH02 that’s awful! I hope you can rest today. I get Insomnia when pregnant, it is the worst. No partners allowed for ultrasounds at the hospital. I’m in Maryland, USA. None of our local doctors have ultrasounds in the office, they give orders to make appointment at the hospital for scans. I don’t even know if we have private ultrasound places around here, but it would probably cost a ton. Luckily, I’m birthing at home and all my prenatal appointments are at home, so no restrictions there! My doula, midwife, birth assistant and birth photographer will all be there! I just got on everyone’s schedule, so I’m ready for baby to rock now 🤣 I hope you get a big burst of energy to get your house packed up! I hate moving. It will be over soon ❤️❤️

@EmPa that’s crazy that your husband can only be in the room for a few hours. Can’t imagine. I hope things change by the time baby comes. We still have a long way to go! 

• @MrsH02 rubbish moving is horrible at any time let alone being pregnant luckily you have parents to help though be lovely once it's all sorted new home ready before baby comes:) @Scotsmama I know it's getting really close  to our scan dates now what time is yours mines at 11.00 on the 15th :) hows your oh with decorating are you still holding him off for now waiting on my oh to get some decorating done aswell yay @KristinO1987 feels like a nice milestone when you get to the 12 week mark makes you feel a bit less worried never ends the worring really though 
  • Hey ladies. Hope everyone is well.

Bit concerned as I was extremely nauseous for about a week. Then I had some light cramping and spotting. Since then pregnancy symptoms seem to have gone. Boobs aren't nearly as sore 🙈

Feel like my HCG levels are maybe down 🤷‍♀️. I'm 8weeks and have my booking appointment next week. Not sure if I should call the midwife? Like is there even anything they would do unless I was in pain and heavy bleeding?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Or have any advice 🤷‍♀️❤
  • @Sj83 he has painted the whole room bless him, glossed the door, window sil and the skirting boards. Has put new switches in for the electrics. He is eager to put the feature wall up but I’m holding off until 12 week scan and then put it up. There is an online baby and toddler show which is two dates in Feb and two dates in March, free tickets and I booked 7th March! Everyone check it out that’s in the UK. Xxxx
  • @Eforbes aw hun give them a wee call and tell them. I think it is normal with what I have read but maybe to be on the safe side. My boobs have reduced in pain a lot - still tender last few days but no where near what they have been like that last few weeks. Nausea has been horrendous although I haven’t actually been sick like I was with my DS, had bad sickness with him xxxx
  • @Eforbes my symptoms come and go aswell and some days I just feel exhausted others I feel normal but if you worried it wont hurt to ring for advice just to put your mind at ease good luck hun @Scotsmama bless him need to motivate my oh 🤦🏼‍♀️think he just thinks we have a while yet but time will fly by do you think the baby show will go ahead with the pandemic