Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Is anyone else feeling really bloated ? I dont know if its all the toast I've been having in the morning which is making me fat and bloated or its a baby thing x
  • @Stokiejodie my bloating has gone down completely now. Was bad until about a week ago when nausea hit really bad again and completely gone now xxx
    @Sj83 oooopa forgot to say the time of the scan....1130am on 16th Feb. Xxxx
  • Ahh nice @Scotsmama about same time as mine then least were not waiting all day for the scan got my over the phone app tomoz told the kids I've got a important call so have to stay down stairs and be quiet there like but what's it about lol @Stokiejodie I still feel quite bloated 
  • @Scotsmama you know, I have never seen proper snow before! I've seen the sludge type stuff left over when most of the snow has melted away  but never proper snow! We have snowfields in my state but my family always holidayed to Queensland as I have family up there, so it was always tropical getaways. One day I'll immerse myself lol. Not too bad lately thank God! 25 today so much more tolerable. It's meant to bucket down rain tomorrow, which will be good for the garden and grass!

@MrsH02 ugh, moving is the worst! Especially when you're not feeling well. I know covid restrictions are in place but is there any chance of hiring people to do it for you?! I hired removalists when we moved into our current place, and my God it was such a good decision. Still had to pack up the house which sucked, but at least I didn't have to do any heavy lifting. My husband was away the weekend we moved, too, so it would have been a nightmare! 

It really sucks about current covid restrictions re: partners in labour. We had similar rules here back in the middle of last year, except partners weren't even allowed in the waiting room. They had to wait outside the hospital! I couldn't imagine going through labour on my own, so I really, REALLY hope it changes before August for you guys! 

I feel okay today, hallelujah! First day I havent vomited my brekky up in a week. I'm officially into the second trimester so I really hope the upward trend continues (although we all know how unpredictable symptoms can be 😒). My boobs have been fine, thankfully. I was diagnosed with hypoplasia after my first was born, which means my boobs don't grow or produce breastmilk. Very uncommon apparently, but also good in one sense because I don't get the uncomfortable boob symptoms lol. I'm a B cup so can get away without a bra most of the time 🤣

Has anyone thought of some names yet? Even though we don't know the sex? We like the name Beau for a boy, but no idea for a girl yet. Funny, because the last 2 times we struggled with boys names but came up with girls names easily!
  • Morning all. When the last few days nausea had subsided and felt absolutely great was only sick twice I think in 4 days. However, today I wake up and within 3 minutes of my eyes opening I have my head over the toilet; it’s back with a vengeance 😩. Fortunately I slept better last night and managed 7.5hrs so as least I’m not exhausted. 

@lozzz funnily enough we were discussing names last night. My OH is Greek and has some strange ideas of names, I was horrified at some of his suggestions and told him he will be setting our child up with a lifetime of bullying if we use some of what he said. Anyway boys we agree on Alexander and girls we have a few we like; Sophie, Ivy, Grace but my all time fave is Hera which he is toying with (it’s the only bloody Greek name out the lot as well! Hera is a Greek goddess). I like unusual names personally. I hate the thought of having multiple children with that name in your child’s class. When was at school there was 3 of my name in my class and it was so annoying!!  

Well the packing has properly commenced and yesterday I managed to smash my bedside table (it’s mirrored) and create absolute chaos so today I will ease off it a bit in a bid to not break anything else. Yes Il get proper people in for the big move but at the moment I’m just taking smaller stuff in to the storage Iv had to sort. It’s so annoying. I could really do 
    without it, however, this is my marital family home and my ex was refusing to let me buy him out so selling was my only option to put an end to it all. It’s a shame as it’s a beautiful house that I love and is a really good size but never mind my next house with my oh will be great too, and it’s nearer to my family (same village) and I can actually walk to work from there which is an added bonus as it currently a good 20min drive! 
  • Sounds like the move as annoying as it is will be a lot better for you all and a house that your ex ain't involved in I remember that feeling when i moved to where i am now it was a fresh start just me and the kids when my ex left names last time we found our boy name straight away girls we just couldnt decide on one really loved luckily he was a boy lol this time we said we would wait till we know gender I have a few I like but dont think the oh will agree lol I like peyton for a girl and Logan for a boy I already have a Kaitlin,  summer and kane 
  • Morning everyone 
    Sorry to hear about the sickness again @MrsH02. Can you speak to your gp to see if they can give you something?

Personally I've not been physically sick but had nausea on and off. I've found over the last week that I've been getting it just before t time which isn't helpful when all I want do it sit down but meant be prepping food.

In terms of names I want names which mean something to me. Not necessarily family member names, but things I'm interested in. For example I love history like the tudors and romans. Rome and London are my favourite places in the world. So maybe something related to them. I think my OH will just let me name it as he named all his other children. 

Also hes been saying he is definately getting the snip after this which I understand but would mean this would be my only child 
  • @Stokiejodie I’m not as bloated as I was before. In the morning, my stomach is almost normal except for my small bump. It is bigger at night though 😅
  • @Stokiejodie I’m already on anti sickness. I got cyclizine from the GPs a few weeks ago. I probably haven’t helped myself as didn’t take it the last 2 days as felt so good. Although I have most definitely taken it today and think il need all 3 doses today. And as for the snip he may change his mind yet. Wait until you have that baby in ur arms and he’s all smitten again! 

@Sj83 i know it’s a means to an end now and just need to get out of here for a fresh start. New house, new baby!! It’s just so stressful as it’s financially draining aswell as mentally and physically. I just want March to be here and then il be in and settled 🤞🏻.

@KristinO1987 that’s exactly how I am. I have a little bump now nice and low which is not normal for me but at night I’m hugely bloated and it looks like it starts from the bottom of my ribs and I look chunky 😂😂
  • You never know @Stokiejodie he may change his mind about the snip how many children does he have my oh has twin girls I have two girls from previous and our son together this baby will be 6 between us def our last I donkey think he wants the snip though 😬so thinking I might get my self done rather then keep taking pills forever 
  • Hes got 5 children already with his ex wife. They were together since they were 18. So this would be number 6 for him. Hense why he's hoping its a boy as he has 4 girls and 1 boy 🙈 

I do get why he wouldn't want anymore children as this baby isn't exactly planned and has happened quite early on (we met in may) and with him having children since he was 20 he said he hasn't got to travel much or do as much as he would of wanted.  

Atm due to all miscarriages and heartache in the past im thinking as long as I can have 1 healthy baby then id be happy but then in back of my mind I'm like what happens if I wanted another and he refused or cant. Just have see xx
  • I think everything happens for a reason my first wasnt really planned I'd only been with him about 4 months but we got married and had a second child your baby is meant to be whether planned or not I think it is hard when you have other children though when me and my partner got together we always new we wanted at least one together his always said about another one even when I was pregnant with our son lol but nothing more was said and our boy has just turned 4 then out the blue a few months back his like should we have a baby so here we are 🥰
  • @Sj83 yh your right it must be meant to be. Just thought I'd always be over the moon and ecstatic but atm think just got so much anxiety about it all. Hopefully I'll feel better later on Xx
  • It can be scary big changes I'm 37 and anxious over what my ex mother in law is going to say it's silly we are close but shes quite opinionated and just waiting for her to make a few comments on this being baby number 4 😬 x
  • @Sj83 I know what you mean im dredding tell my mum and dad despite being 30 at the end of the year as no matter what I do my mum normally moans about something. Im quite happy its a lockdown as now I have the excuse of just texting them to tell them rather than having to tell them face to face 🙈 they will probably have something to say about it xx
  • Parents eh 😬 lol so glad I have you ladies to chat to :) 
  • This is baby #3 for us and definitely our last. We always said we'd have 3, so I'm happy to end it there. I've never reacted well to the pill/etc so my husband is happy to get the snip after this! 

@Stokiejodie oh man, you don't think your parents will be excited? That sucks, I really hope they surprise you with zero negativity 🤞. Totally normal to not be super excited when you're feeling crappy, also. I've found i don't really get 'excited' until later on when I feel great (so not before 17 weeks normally!) Once you know what you're having (if you choose to find out) and you can feel bubs moving, that's when things get good 😁

It's handy having people to talk to going through the same thing, isn't it! Especially when you feel like utter rubbish. I actually have 5 mates in our friendship group who are also pregnant at the moment (!!!) so it's pretty cool. Although I feel for the couple of girls left who aren't pregnant, because it definitely dominates conversation when we get together haha.
  • Morning all. Well I managed an earlier night (I was asleep by 10) but woke up at 4:15 and haven’t slept since! Bad dream woke me up along with nausea 😩! Oh well I suppose I will just have to have an early night tonight.
    so today is scan day, can’t say I’m looking forward to it however, I’m not dreading it either. Iv got it this morning so will update you all later. 

Iv just had to chuckle reading the comments about telling parents. I feel exactly the same. Which is ridiculous. I’m nearly 36 with a good job, financially independent will have my own house (again) yet the thought of telling them makes me feel sick. My separation from my husband was particularly difficult and my parents really liked him and still will talk to him when they see him (despite the fact he could be an absolute arse and caused me hell, literally I had the police here on 3 occasions in 8 months due to his outbursts) anyway, obviously at some point I will break the news!! I also need to still file for divorce 🙈 oh the joys 😂😂
  • @MrsH02 good luck for your scan and I hope its a good one. Will be thinking of you all morning untill you update us.

And yh my mum is a nightmare. Even if I say I'm off work for few days sick she is judgemental saying I will loose my job and I shouldn't be off 🙄😒 plus she always tries to take control of everything so thats another bonus of being in lockdown that she won't be able to with this

I'm having my scan on 9th but its my dads birthday on the 12th so I dont know if I should tell them the day of the scan or wait untill after his birthday. 

@Sj83 I totally agree its really helped having you all to talk to as I'm desperate to tell close friends but dont want to jinx myself. My closest friend who has been there for me through all the miscarriages kept saying at start of month I need to get trying so her son has someone to play with and was so tempted to tell her but bit my tongue.

Its her sons 3rd birthday on 14th so I was planning on sending her a photo of the scan saying happy birthday I cant wait to meet you xx

• 10+2  and all is perfect