Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021

Due in August 2021

Replies

• @Sj83 my 20 week scan is 9th April aswell 🥰 it’s at 1:30 x
  • 🥰🥰
  • @BexF90 you could be feeling baby moving but baby movements won’t be painful right now. You will know for sure as your pregnancy progresses if those feelings get stronger 

KristinO1987: 11/08/21 💛 
  • Hey! Im due 28/08 and we're finding out this afternoon if its a boy or girl! With my first we found out at 14 weeks cause he was all willy and NOT shy! Hopefully its the same today!
  • aww exciting hope all goes well @EmPa
  • I am due 19/08/2021 💛 having a surprise.

My 20 week scan is 1st April. And having a 28 week scan with consultant which has been sent through today for 1st June xx
  • @KristinO1987 I'll keep an eye on the possible flutters & the pain is probably just stretching pains 😊

I'm due 16th August & finding out what we're having 31st March.
    Unknown at the moment 💛
  • Hope your all ok. Iv had a good day today. My daughter is suffering with a bit of anxiety at the moment and is worried about me. I think she’s anxious about me miscarrying again and also about our new house not being ready. So today Iv driven her to the new house so she can see the progress (which is looking good) and I took her with me to a private scan so she could see him and see his heartbeat (the last scan she ever saw was the one when I had a missed miscarriage and the baby was already gone 😔 so I found out in the room with her there) I think I underestimated how much it affected her. So tonight she seems so much more happier. I explained to the clinic why I needed her to attend a scan with me for her reassurance and they were great. The sonographer showed her his heart and turned the sound on so she could hear it beating. She pointed out every time he kicked a leg out and showed her his feet. She came back to my other half’s for dinner clutching the scan pics and seems so pleased. I was a bit gutted he couldn’t come but I could only take 1 person and he gets her anxiety and wanted me to take her. It’s the first time Iv has a scan and he’s been sleeping so I feel better knowing he does actually sleep 😂😂. 
  • Aww bless how amazing for your daugher to experience some lovely mum and daughter bonding my 11 year old kisses my belly every morning and night shes so excited my eldest was writing down name ideas today its lovely this time there older there so excited loving our little due date post cant wait to see what were all having so exciting:) I cant wait to start shopping lol x
  • @MrsH02 that’s lovely. I’m glad your daughter got to come along. I should be finding out gender tomorrow and I’m actually excited. I think today is the first day I’m actually excited about this baby 😆
  • Oh amazing @KristinO1987. What’s your gut feeling?? It is starting to get exciting now. Iv been looking at lots of stuff but still just can’t seem to buy anything yet. I think as soon as Iv had my 20 week scan which is the 9th April and the shops are fully open on the 12th il be like a mad woman buying all sorts! 

@EmPa how did your scan go? Hope all is well and baby let you see between those legs! 
  • @MrsH02 awww so haply that your daughter's anxiety has gotten better now and seems like it really helped her relax and get excited with her hugging onto the photos. I've been the same shopping wise dare'nt buy anything before 20 weeks in case I jinx myself. All I've brought so far is some bottles as boots had double points on. I read if you are going get a baby harness/carrier whatever they are called you should get it before or by 20 weeks so clean try them on before bump gets too big. So may be something I need to look into when shops reopen. Still can't get over how baby shops aren't classed as essential !

@Sj83 I'm loving the tracker too as im rubbish at remembering it all.

@EmPa how has the scan gone ? Team blue or pink ? Xx
  • Hey ladies!! 
    Well, baby wouldn't sit still at all, but my gynae said that, in all the wriggling, she couldn't see anything that resembled a willy! Soo, she placed her money on a girl. But she said to go back in a few weeks to confirm! 
  • Ahh @empa baby wasnt playing along hopfully next time :) 
  • @MrsH02 i don't really have a gut feeling actually! I kinda go back and forth on what I’d like, but no feeling about the actually gender. Funny because I knew with my previous two kiddos! @EmPa how far along we’re you at the scan? I have a scan around 14w with my daughter and they saw the three lines for girl, but also said don’t buy all the girl stuff yet 😆 but they were right! I kinda want a girl but I honestly go back and forth all the time. I’m glad God picks and not me because He knows what’s best ❤️
  • @KristinO1987 i was 13+6 (14 today)... Im not convinced thought. I have a gut feeling it's a boy! But this pregnancy is also completely different to my son, so who knows!!! Either way, i have to buy a whole new wardrobe for bub cause my son was a winter baby and this will be a summer one! 
  • I really feel like I'm having another boy or maybe its I'm hoping for another boy lol all gender guesses have been girl so far though 
  • Morning lovelies! I hope everyone is doing well! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, we've had a lot going on. First of all was my threatened miscarriage, I'm not actually sure I came back and let you all know all is well!!! I was so so happy as for some reason, I felt absolutely convinced baby had gone. 
    4 days later, I started with severe vertigo and ended up in hospital as I couldn't move without feeling like I was falling backwards, but bad enough that I couldn't sit, stand, turn my head, didn't leave the house for 3 weeks. Mentally, I suffered. Tried something called the Epley manoeuvre which was fantastic, worked straight away. We had to do it at home as my emergency ENT appointment could not happen until 19th July- whattttt!

Anyway, here we are, almost 15 weeks pregnant. Feelinf very big - the pregnancy waddle is in full swing.

Do we have any teachers on here? I am a secondary teacher and schools are returning Monday 8th March. My risk assessment is extremely vague and I am so unbelievably anxious about returning after 2 months off. I have classes of 32 kids, some have 2 or 3 teaching assistants attached. I am terrified. 

Are you all working from home from 28 weeks? Does anyone think this guidance is going to change? It's all such a worry isn't it!

Hope you're all doing well. I seen a couple of posts about 20 week scans being 9th April- mine too!

Xxx
  • Aww hi @Jobomaphoy I've been wandering how you have been as hadnt heard from you in a while what a horrible time you have had hopfully your feeling a lot better now my scans 9th april feels so long away have you told your daugher about being pregnant now it must be so scary in a secondary school my daughters secondary school have to wear maks all day now and be tested twice a week