Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Sj83 said:
    Aww hi @Jobomaphoy I've been wandering how you have been as hadnt heard from you in a while what a horrible time you have had hopfully your feeling a lot better now my scans 9th april feels so long away have you told your daugher about being pregnant now it must be so scary in a secondary school my daughters secondary school have to wear maks all day now and be tested twice a week 
    Awww thank you so much! All is great now fingers crossed.
    Yes, she knows I am pregnant, she is so excited and is absolutely certain she wants a girl haha! She is only 4 so doesn't really understand you get what you're given haha.
    I'm absolutely terrified to go back but think I just have to suck it up for the next 14 weeks and then hopefully I can work from home.

How have you been? Have you started buying anything yet? I'm not sure when to start!
  • Mine are excited only told them last week wanted to know all was ok at scan first my 4 year old thinks his having a baby aswell lol he says he wants a brother my 11 year old kisses my belly every day and night 🥰I thought they might have left the kids off till after the easter holidays really take it easy hopfully the weeks will fly by till you can take time off 🤞 I've not bought any thing yet will wait till we know what were having we got the silver cross down from the loft though still looks in good condition just to give it a little clean I loved that pram when I had my son 
  • Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. Had a scan yesterday and found out we are having another baby girl! Just told my daughter and she is excited. I don’t think my son really understands or cares much lol, but he is young still 
  • @Jobomaphoy glad you are doing well now. Vertigo is scary! Glad babe is doing well too❤️ 
  • Aww lovely news @KristinO1987 so happy it went well know to start thinking of names now you know what your having 💗
  • Yes names! I have a short list going and we talked briefly about it yesterday. Luckily my husband likes most of the names I like. He’s never been too picky about names before 😊
  • Yayyyy @KristinO1987 a girl! So happy for you! 
  • Morning everyone. Glad you are all well. I've got my midwife appointment today. Not sure what to expect but I think she said at the last appointment might be able hear babys heartbeat today so I really hope I can as here at the scans they don't measure or listen to the heartbeat only look at it.

Has anyone else had their 16 week midwife appointment yet ? Xx
  • @stokiejodie my 16 week app is on the 9th I think but it's a over the phone app 😪wont see midwife again till I'm 28 weeks when they start measuring Bump
  • I've wrote a list of names but were going to look properly once we know gender
  • I'm inundated now with appointments. Since going to see the consultant I have a 28 week  growth scan and then Saturday had another one through for a day before my 20 week scan to see consultant and have scan and also measure the cervix or something. This is at a pre term birth clinic. Going ask midwife about this today as dont know if they have concerns or if its just because of past miscarriages xx
  • @Stokiejodie I have my 16 week midwife appointment today too, really hope I get to hear the heartbeat ❤️ At the last 2 scans they just showed us it & that it's beating normally 😕
  • @BexF90 not alot happened really. Just went over the signs of preaclamsia and something else that effects the liver where you get really itchy, did blood pressure, we spoke about my own medical stuff and what the consultant had said and that was about it. Would of normally tested urine aswell but mine was only done last week and I started antibiotics Saturday so no point as be the same.

Tbh I didnt think they were going to bother untill they said any questions so I just said do you track the heartbeat as they don't measure it or hear it at the scans now. They explained that they can do from this appointment but if it will panic women if they can't find the heartbeat they prefer not to. I just said that's fine I know might not be able to find it with them not being able to do the abdominal scans so its fine if cant find it.

It took about 10 minutes of scaling all of my stomach about 4 or 5 times then finally found it. Think baby was hiding and being awkward so me and midwife had given up then when found it midwife was open mouthed shocked aswell lol. They said the beats were 126 xx
  • Morning ladies. I don’t know what’s wrong with me and the moment but my get up and go has well and truly got up and gone!! I was a little naughty and had someone at work check my blood results and surprise surprise I am anaemic again (this happens even when I’m not pregnant) so I’m putting my lack of energy down to that. 

@Jobomaphoy I have been told I will be finishing work at 28 weeks despite the fact I can put myself as completely non clinical (I am a nurse/ward manager) but the hospital that I work in is a main respiratory and cardiac centre by for the area so we have so much covid here that they don’t even want me in the building. I spend all day everyday in masks and PPE and it is so uncomfortable. Iv had my risk assessment completed to say I’m not to go to any ward with covid present (I’m lucky my ward is a clean surgical ward) however it doesn’t stop the covid positive patients walking round the corridors 😖
    We also need you due date to put in the little chart we have going (and gender if you know it)

yay @KristinO1987 we have our first 💗 of the group. I have updated the chart. 
  • @BexF90 hope your app goes ok today aswell I was lucky and got to hear babys heartbeat at my scan @Stokiejodie did they talk over your test results with you aswell I still havnt heard back two weeks today since my blood tests that's rubbish @MrsH02 will you need some iron tablets maybe or something @Jobomaphoy what's you due date so we can put it on our due date list :) 
  • @Sj83 if your on about the quad test for downs then no as results haven't come back yet. I cant remember if your from UK or not but if you are i was sent a website where I can log in and see all my pregnancy notes on there and there is a section with screening and test on which will have results on. 

Dont worry though as any screening if thw risk is high a nurse will call you within a week to discuss with you. If not you get a letter so fingers crossed 🤞 xx
  • Ahh yes I'm from uk I just have my notes in a folder not been giving website details I Suppose all hospitals are different I'm sure your right I suppose no news is good news just will feel better seeing them 
  • @Sj83 its called my pregnancy. Maybe Google my pregnancy and the area which you live to see if anything comes up, or speak to midwife 😊 and yes no news is always good news as if was bad they would need you to go on to discuss further testing options xx
  • The appointment went well, got to hear baby's heartbeat ❤️👶 Beating at 150bpm, so all normal 😊 Didn't take her long to find it & was allowed to record it for my other half (plus family 🤫). Still getting sickness as well, which is a pain 😔