Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Thanks everyone.had ultrasound on kidneys yesterday and then briefly looks at baby and actually saw it on ultrasound for once and bladder was empty haha. Baby looked OK was heartbeat and looked like it was pushing off the side with its legs lol xx
  • @Stokiejodie I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to be admitted. Hopefully they will convert the antibiotics to oral after a few days and let you go home. It’s good you got to have a sneaky peek at the baby again though. 

Midwife appointment was ok yesterday. My bloods were repeated as the last result she said I was on the cusp of treatment for anaemia (my hb was 110 and treatment is anything below it) however, she agreed I was symptomatic of anaemia with a high heart rate, exhaustion and looking like crap. So I can ring up Monday for results. 

I completely forgot that it’s Mother’s Day tomorrow too 🙈 so il have to nip out to the shops later which is not what I wanted to be doing today! 
  • Morning ladies I had my midwife app over the phone this morning they said my blood test results come back low risk for downs  and the other syndromes  they said from 28 weeks I'll get extra scans as my BMI is high which I knew it would be 
  • Happy mothers day ladies 🌻🌷
  • Happy Mother's day everyone.

Had lovely presents this morning at 5am of antibiotics drip for 30 mins followed by covid test 2 and more blood tests 🙈🤣 xx
  • Happy Mothers Day everyone 😍
    Whether you already have kids, angel babies or will be a first time Mum ❤️

Feeling plenty of flutters & been spared the sickness this morning 😂
  • Aww rubbish @Stokiejodie has your being able to come in and see you to keep you company @BexF90 lovely I get some days where I dont really feel any thing 
  • Partner can come 1 to 3 but now its weekdays hes back at work untill 4 so not able come now.

Did someone say the had brought a doppler? Was it expensive? I've really liked the reassurance of hearing heartbeat each day whilst here xx
  • Morning all, hope you all had a lovely day yesterday. I seemed to be running round all day as usual and still got a few jobs to go and do today so no rest until tomorrow!! 

@Stokiejodie yes, I bought a Doppler, it wasn’t expensive, I don’t think it was even £20 il go check shortly. I had it from somewhere on line called onbuy.com never heard of it before but it came really quickly. I don’t listen to him everyday probably every 2-3 but have never not been able to locate him. It’s nice just to have a little bit of reassurance. 
  • It looks like that one ☝️. 

Oh so yesterday I finally caved in and bought my first bits for him and they are so cute. I just couldn’t resist 
  • StokiejodieStokiejodie Regular
    edited Mar 15, 2021 9:47AM
    Thanks @MrsH02 I think I saw that one come up when I had a search last night. I had never heard of on buy before untill the other month when was after the cards against humanity game and found it on there half the price.

Did it come with gel or have to buy that separately? 

The clothes are super cute. They be ideal for me too as neutral xx
  • @Stokiejodie no it didn’t come with any gel however u can get that cheap enough from a chemist or supermarket or just use any lube (if u have any lying around) as that also works. 

As for the clothes I was with my daughter when we saw them and she’s a sucker for cute things like this as am I so it was a combination of us both that couldn’t resist!! I now said I’m not getting anything else until after 20 weeks (which is only 3+1 away) so not long to wait 💸💸💸
  • StokiejodieStokiejodie Regular
    edited Mar 15, 2021 10:20AM
    For anyone in the UK I was looking at room and bath thermometers yesterday and saw the Tommy tipee one for £20 which looked abit naff. Then saw this pop up from tesco and going get one. Its abit bigger so can be used as bath toy as it meets the toy safety standards and floats in water for when older. And then stands up to use in room.

I thought it was super cute plus a bargain price ! It also has written on the ideal room and bath tempretures if your not sure. 

• Happy Mother’s Day ladies! Our Mother’s Day (USA) is in May, so I have a way to go for mine this year 😅 I hope your hospital stay goes by really quickly @Stokiejodie ❤️❤️ Super cute clothes @MrsH02! I probably don’t need to buy anything, but I know my daughter wants to get a present for the new baby. I’ll see what she wants to buy her 😊
  • Love the clothes @mrsH02 is any thinking of baby sleeping bags  yet I think with my last I used celluar blankets for first few months 25 days till my next scan my partner wants me to see if the sonographer will write down gender then leave it up to my sister to get colour confetti bombs so we find out together with the kids 
  • @MrsH02 those little outfits are so cute 😍 I've been buying little bits for ages now but will need more gender specific stuff after we find out.
    @Stokiejodie we have that thermometer too, so hopefully it's better than tommee tippee & munchkin white hot one's 😁
    @Sj83 I've had days when I've not felt much at all either. It's mainly when I'm sitting down or chilling 😊
  • Hi girls! My pat pat order just arrived! Super cute! However the 0-3 months look like they would fit up to 6 months. They are fab quality and are individually packed in plastic zip bags. Definitely ordering again from them xxx
  • @Scotsmama yay!! I always see the adds but the reviews are so mixed!! How's the material?? Quality?? 

Im absolutely pooped! My nausea has finally eased but but now im just sooo tired... And the insomnia is hitting me like a tonne of bricks! I've started buyibg bits and bobs but im trying to stay calm with the shopping!! 
  • I’m so tired too! Nausea a bit better. Quality is amazing! Xxx