Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Hi all,

@Scotsmama I’m so sorry to hear your work have been so rubbish with you. It’s hard work when your in your feet all day and I would of expected they be a bit understanding with you. 

I’m starting to struggle now at work especially if I’m working clinically and not on a management day. Although I have been risk assessed and I’m not to push beds etc or participate in manual handling, also if a patient has a cardiac arrest im not allowed to be involved but that’s more to do with Covid then anything else as I could still look after the airway if it was just due to me not doing chest compressions. I’m going off at 32 weeks (last working day is 30th June) as I have a lot of my annual leave still to take and start my mat leave at 38 weeks. Fortunately NHS mat pay is quite good but after 6 months it’s just stat mat pay til month 9 then nothing so il go back at 9 months. 

As for the covid jab, Iv had my first Pfizer jab following all the research and papers completed in America to say it was safe (the research only suggests Pfizer and Moderna not Astra Zeneca as safe). I had it about 3 weeks ago now and have my next one in July. Due to me also working in a high risk area I thought it was best to have it. My OH is a consultant so I got him reading the papers to tell me his thoughts and he agreed I had it. I also had covid when I was 6 weeks pregnant if you remember and I was really quite unwell with it, resulting in 5 weeks off work. When I spoke to the dr when having the vaccine he said the chance of it doing any damage especially considering Iv had covid was extremely rare, covid itself would be far more harmful then the vaccine. As with any vaccine there is always risks but I would hate my baby to be born with covid knowing how poorly I was, so at least he will have some antibodies present. It’s a personal choice though and I was reluctant to have it until the papers from the states came out but now I’m glad I have. 

@Jobomaphoy I’m sorry to hear your struggling with PGP. My back goes off occasionally and that’s bad enough. 

I’m just starting to really struggle now with my acid/heartburn to the point it’s waking me up in the night as I practically have it in my mouth. Rennies and gaviscon are my new best friends. I also have an umbilical hernia now which is getting slightly worse as the weeks go on so I need to speak to the midwife about it as I’m constantly having to push it back in til it pops (disgusting I know) and it makes my bump look nobbly 😂! 

Has anyone else got anymore scans coming up? Iv booked a 4d one for 6th June so am hoping he will be good this time so I can see his little face! 
  • Yeah I think it must have been foetal hiccups, thank God 😊

I'm just gonna wait until after baby's here for the covid vaccine, just to be on the safe side.

@MrsH02 I've got 1 more scan but that's just for "placental localisation" at 34 weeks. See if it's moved away from the cervix & work out birthing options from that 😊
  • @Jobomaphoy have you asked about physio for the pain I spoke to soon about the heart burn had a terrible nights sleep awake most of the night with my throat burning 
  • Hi ladies hope your all well had my  midwife app yesterday heard babys heartbeat my sample was clear and shes marked me in for my next 4 appointments now got to wait for a app for the glucose test aswell 
  • Morning ladies, crikey it’s been quiet on here, I thought I’d come back to a big catch up. Anyway, hope everyone is well. Iv not had the best week for personal reasons, thankfully baby has been behaving. I told me ex last Sunday which resulted in absolute chaos to the point I had to get the police out. He just went crazy, smashing things in my new house and screaming. It sounds bad but his behaviour doesn’t phase me anymore but I wouldn’t tolerate it hence the police. I do actually feel really sorry for him. We were together nearly 20 years and aswell as our 2 children we lost 3 together in more recent years and he was just devastated. He also suffers with bad mental health which I do worry about. Il always care about him and try my best to help him but I can’t have his explosive behaviour around me anymore. Anyway we are not really talking now, all communication is being done mainly via the children. It’s just a sad situation that’s really taken it out of me as we were always such good friends. I’m sure as time goes on it will get easier but for now I just take each day. 
    On the baby front I feel like my bump has definitely had a growth spurt. My oh said Iv got a slight waddle going on which I told him he was being ridiculous. My new work uniforms are starting to get tight now but I’m hoping they can hold out for the next month 😬. 
    I also can’t believe we are all now either in or just about to enter the 3rd trimester, is it just me or is it going really quickly?? I still haven’t bought much but me and OH said we will just get it all in June now as time is ticking and I don’t think I dare leave it much longer. I do have a Moses basket and some nappies, wipes and clothes so have a got a few bits. It’s just the big bits I need to get but at least I know what it is I want so it’s just a case of ordering it all. 
    I don’t have a midwife appointment until next weds which will be my 28 week one, I haven’t seen a midwife since 16 weeks, it’s such a long time. Fortunately following me moving GP surgeries I have found out that the midwife is the same one I had at my previous surgery so she has seen me before. 
  • @MrsH02 sorry to hear about your exs reaction. Proves your better off apart. My ex used to trash the house when he didn't get his own way when he would demand money from  me. Even though it didn't go well, I bet it feels like a big weight off your shoulders. 

I've been really struggling with my left hip. Keep getting really bad deep aching inside my hip which then goes up to my side. Not sure if its just how baby is all over there and still breach or nerves. Ive been getting pain in my bum too so think I've got sciatica aswell. Got a telephone appointment with physiotherapist tomorrow. I really need to get this baby to move. Im convinced its stuck as its never moved and my notes say its only measuring at 6th centile which I'm assuming is bad ?

My bump has definitely had a growth spurt. Ironically more above my belly button and under boobs despite baby being all in my pelvis and lower down 🤷🏼‍♀️ xx
  • @MrsH02 wow so sorry you went through all that 😪 hopfully your ex will look into some counselling it is crazy how fast it's going I'll be 27 weeks at the end of this week I've got mostly everything now struggling to get get apatamil starter packs for hospital though every where is out of stock 
  • Morning everyone! 

How is everyone getting on ?

I went for my growth scan yesterday as baby was measuring small at the pre term birth clinic. Baby is still small but has stayed on the same growth line so looks like I might just be having a little baby. Ironically baby estimated weight yesterday (27+5) was 2.2 lbs which is normal weight for 28 week baby according to Google. So maybe its going be short but fat haha. Going back in 3 weeks for another scan and appointment with consultant again.

Urine tested possitive again yesterday so it was sent off to the lab. Fingers crossed it can be treated with normal antibiotics and not IV ones again as im going London for few days on Sunday then the weekend after I am going to support my friend who is a professional boxer. Xx
  • 2.2 sounds like a good weight to me least there still keeping check nothing wrong with extra scans hopfully just normal antibiotics you will need that's what my oh does for a living boxing rings he puts up the rings ready for the show and fixes them etc 
  • Afternoon ladies. 
    I can’t believe how quiet our chat has become!! I also can’t believe we are now in June, August is getting soooo close 👶🏻 We will have our babies in our arms in no time! Also I finish work at the end of this month 29 days to go (not that I’m counting), it’s actually only 12 more shifts which feels like nothing!! 
    Hope everyone’s feeling well? I’m really having trouble with my heartburn/acid now but I have the midwife tomorrow so I’m hoping she can get me some omeprazole or lansoprazole prescribed to help minimise it. I constantly feel sick with it and it’s keeping me awake at night and when I go to sleep it’s waking me up! 
    How is everyone doing with there shopping? I still haven’t got my pram etc, I really need to sort it all out as I am getting a little anxious over it now. I’m on annual leave next week so hoping I can start getting some bits ordered then. 
  • Hey @MrsH02 is flying by so quickly my car seat came this week and finally managed to get two boxes of aptamil starter milk for when I'm in hospital been washing vests and sleepsuits this week I think I'm doen with buying for now ive got midwife tomoz my heartburn keeps me awake at night aswell not every night but last night was a bad one I've got another growth scan on Friday aswell 
  • Hey ladies! I know I fell off the face of the earth. Had a vacation and then tried to catch up on reading posts a few times and never could. So I’m just gonna jump back in and catch up on reading sometime if I ever can 😅

I hope you all are doing well!!

I'm a little over 30w now. Baby shower is today. I’m kinda surprised my sister is throwing one since it’s my third child, but I’m so happy to be able to see some family that I haven’t seen in a long time. 

This pregnancy has not been good to me. I had a break from
     nausea for about a month and I’ve had it again a few times this past week. Can’t wait for my baby girl to be here and my body can start to be normal again! I see people moving around like normal and I hate that I feel like some geriatric lady that can barely move sometimes 😕 ok I’m done whining. I am super glad to be able to carry this lovely little girl, I just hope to never be pregnant again 🤣
  • Hope your enjoyed your baby shower i was 28 weeks yesterday had my growth scan they said baby is measuring small so now having to have scans every 2 weeks and have to go on heart monitors every two weeks to check babys heart beat
  • Hey ladies hope everyone is well. So we finally got our backsides in to gear and ordered a load of baby stuff: pram, car seat, beside sleeper, high chair, baby monitors all done! All I need to sort now is his bouncy chair, steriliser and a few small bits so I’m relieved!! Anyway we went today for our 4d scan and we have a shy boy on out hands, il post a pic but he kept hiding his face behind his hands. All is looking good though so I’m really pleased.
  • Fab pics :)
  • @Sj83 it’s nice you get to see your babe more often. Hope the growth stays good enough ❤️ I haven’t had any scans since 20w but baby feels sooo big inside me 🤣

lovely pics @MrsH02 😍 my girl was very shy at 20w with her hands on her face too. It’s good your getting your stuff together. I have done almost nothing for this babe although I have probably enough stuff already from previous kids and friends giving me stuff. Got some good stuff at my shower this weekend. Here’s a pic my aunt took at my shower. It was a hot day but the breeze made it nice   It’s was so good to see some family and to have a couple new things for baby #3
  • I finally started some nesting yesterday going through some of my sons clothes and cleaning up the basement and vacuuming. Could barely move at the end of the day 😅 but I think I’m finally starting to get organized a bit and I’ll be 31w tomorrow lol 
  • Aww you look stunning @kristin01987 I'm 29 weeks on friday was saying to my oh icant belive I've still got 11 weeks of growing to do I'm feeling like a elephant lol
  • Thanks @Sj83 ❤️ And I totally feel like an elephant. Idk how I can get bigger 😬