Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in August 2021

Replies

• @BexF90 aww cool I Do love the name now has took us a while I Thought he was going to be name less till after birth lol @stokiejodie Def get maternity pads there can be a lot of bleeding afterwards  my sister said about getting certain knickers for a c section aswell so dont irritate scare I've just bought really big granny knickers in black
  • @KristinO1987 I think they used to provide it years ago but dont now unless special formula is needed when baby is born.

@Sj83 my friend said to get the granny knickers you can pull all way up over belly 🙈🤣🤣 

Ill have to have a look into maternity pads. The disposable knickers sound good especially for if got a messy wound aswell. 

• @Stokiejodie Iv had 2 previous sections and you most definitely bleed after. It’s not as heavy as vaginal delivery’s are as they do clear abit out for u in theatre. But be prepared that when ur not as mobile and have sat for a while you find u pass sizeable clots (sorry it’s grim but Iv been there) Iv bought mat pads but gone for the slimmer ones this time. I think they usually recommend mat pads at they are normally more absorbent but also it’s to do with the top layer and what material it is as a lot of women end up with stitches and these catch on usual sanitary pads as they often have a woven texture where as mat pads are the softer unwoven texture. 

Iv invested in big knickers too! I went to M&S a couple of weeks ago and bought some what I’d call granny pants! They are just a higher waist, they need to cover your scar as the last thing u want is rubbing. I just got some that are 2 sizes bigger than my pre preg size. I have now tried a pair once I’d washed them and omg they are sooo comfortable, I may become a granny pants convert after this 🙈 although they are not the most attractive 😂😂 I did get some black ones with a lace top and a pack with leopard print, you’ve got to keep it slightly sexy right even with a flabby belly after??? 🤣🤣🤣
  • @MrsH02 thanks 😊  ill deffo look out for some maternity pads then. Think boots do thin ones. 

Matalan have quite alot of full/high waisted breifs in so might get some from there. They do pack of 5 just plain black or white for 5er or printed ones for £6 or lace ones for £8. I just dont know what size to get.

They have some really pretty nighties too that look like summer dresses for £7.50 or packa of 2 plain ones for £10 xx
  • JobomaphoyJobomaphoy Regular
    edited Jun 22, 2021 8:44PM
    Evening ladies! 
    I have loved soaking in the bath and reading all of your posts, so sorry I've been a little off the radar.
    I am 31 weeks tomorrow. Having a little bit of a nightmare with exhaustion and PGP amongst other things. I am passing the days just trying to keep my eyes open or giving in and trying (then failing) to nap. It is taking it's toll on my mental health a little because I desperately want to be productive, I'm still working (from home) and work are being great and not pushing me but the guilt is not great.
    So 5 weeks ago, midwife told me it was silly to take bloods as I had my glucose test in 2 weeks so just have bloods done then. My glucose test came back negative but they said my iron stores were "critically low" but they needed more bloods to determine what in particular was low (b12, ferritin or folate). I went in a few days later for this extra blood test. She said because I had a midwife appointment at 31 weeks, I might as well get my blood results then (another week later) rather than her ringing me. I went today to be told she didn't label the bloods so they weren't tested and so I've had more done today.

This whole time I can categorically tell you my iron (or ferritin) is low. 5 weeks this has been dragging on. What is annoying though is that my first pregnancy this exact same thing happened... it dragged on and on.... I gave birth and then low and behold my iron returned to normal. Worries me about blood loss during birth though and I'm not sure I can cope with this exhaustion for 9 more weeks!

I am sorry to be complaining. I know I am so so so lucky to be having this baby but controversial I know, I am just a bit fed up of being pregnant at the minute. I know that sounds ungrateful and I'm really really not.

Last thing... baby was plotted on my chart for the first time today. Hes measuring 34 weeks (3 weeks ahead) and is waaayyyyy off the chart. I've been referred for a growth scan next week! Is it bad that I'm a little excited to have another scan and see baby again?

Hope you're all well, love Reading all of your stories.

My hospital bags are packed and nursery is finished. Bring on August hey! 

@EmPa I do hope baby stays in a bit longer for you!!!
  • @Jobomaphoy don’t feel bad about your feelings. I hate pregnancy too 😋 this is my third and my worst and I hate it most of the time. I love my kids and I even like my kids most of the rime 😉 but pregnancy is not good to me. I can count on one hand the number of good night sleep I have gotten in the last eight months. I have been up since 3:30am and that’s pretty normal for me these days. I also work part time from home and it has been a lifesaver. I can’t imagine taking my tired butt into the office. Although at least the office would be quiet and not have my kids bouncing around in the background 🤣
  • @Jobomaphoy dont feel guilty its perfectly natural. Your probably feeling extra tired with your iron being low aswell. Hope they sort it for you soon. Just keep nagging them. My iron was discovered to be low when I was in hospital so they have me some tablets. They still saying its low but not going up my dose as the levels have improved slightly from original. My midwife said with it being low that's probably why I feel so drained and exhausted even walking up the stairs is like a marathon. And ontop of it im waking up every 2 hours throughout the night to go toilet so I know how you feel. Ill admit that somedays on my dinner ive had a nap. Perks of working from home.

I have hated pregnancy too. Just months of anxiety and panic. Last night I even dreamt that I went toilet and was bleeding quite watery then big clots so woke up in panic and ran to toilet to check  xx
  • MrsH02MrsH02 Regular
    edited Jun 24, 2021 9:08AM
    Morning all. 
    Sounds like we are all loving pregnancy not!!!!!! 
    I saw the midwife yesterday and she told me I don’t look great, yep as if I didn’t know already. We already know my iron is low and I’m on ferrous fumerate for it, but it makes me so nauseous. I’m just tired now and so ready for this baby to be out. All seems to be fine with the baby though which is great. She did say she doesn’t think il be having a 6lb baby like my last 2 and that might be what’s draining me as she thinks he will be a good weight. I just feel huge now and am conscious that I’m getting a waddle 🙈 oh well we are nearly in July so at least we can all then say we are having our babies next month!! 
  • I was thinking that yesterday can nearly say were having our babies next month 🙈so scary saying it but also soooo ready now feeling shattered in a count down to the kids breaking up from school and no more school runs 
  • I know! I can’t believe we could be having babies in a month! I am over 33w now and could be having baby within the next 4 weeks! 🤯 although it will probably be more like 7-8 weeks from now. But still soon! I just had my midwife come over and my next appointment will be the birth assistant checking over all my homebirth supplies. This is feeling so soon. I know it’s crazy but it still doesn’t feel like I’m having another baby. It never feels real until after the baby is born 😋

And yes, I’m not enjoying pregnancy either. Misery loves company!
  • Morning everyone. 

How is everyone feeling?

I was emailed by one of the pregnancy apps, bounty, at the weekend with baby horoscopes. I've decided I don't want a leo now. They sound like a nightmare and handfull 😱🤣

https://www.bounty.com/baby-0-to-12-months/baby-star-signs/leo?image&utm_source=Bounty&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BO OTH - Bounty Baby Starsign Prenatal - 12102017
  • Ha ha they do just a bit will be my first leo baby I'm all good had a few bad nights with heart burn but other then that all good 
  • Well ladies we can finally say we are having our babies next month!! And I for one am more than ready for it. As you can see by the time, sleep is a massive issue for me. As of late I’m lucky to get 4hrs a night. At least il be ready for the sleepless nights. I’m still lying in bed now resisting the urge to smoother OH with a pillow as he snores, I refuse to get up though as I know I need the rest. 
    I finally finished work yesterday and it was such a good feeling to put my put of office on my email and inform the world I don’t intend in retuning till may next year! 
    Hope you ladies are all ok x
  • Finallyyyy!!! Im 10000% over this pregnancy!! Pregnancy and summer just don't go together at all! Im still on bed rest which is nice but also impossible with my 2 yr old... I spend most of my day in the pool! Im 31 weeks and i feel like I've been pregnant for 97 weeks and i feel as if i have 30 weeks left! @MrsH02 i feel you, i rarely get more than 4 hours sleep.. im so uncomfy and baby girl constantly kicks and pushes... I don't think she likes me very much 😂😂
  • Hi all im 33 weeks today so only 4 weeks untill my early planned section. 😬😬

Today is my last day at work woohoo 🎉 as im owed annual leave. It cant have come soon enough as really struggling now whether im feeling exhausted as im awake every night at 1, 3 and 5 to go toilet then other half is up for work at half 5 and I get up at half 6ish so can walk dog and stuff before work at 8. I dont feel like im going be off for 9 months though, I just feel like I'm going on annual leave for 2 weeks or something haha.

Also suffering with my back and my hip. I keep getting like a really bad sensation of cramp in my hip joint 😤  xx
  • Also is anyone getting an electric bouncer swing thing?

I've been looking at the big fancy one - graco all ways soother - as its reduced on Emma's diary. But are they worth it ? Can they be used for newborn ? Xx
  • @Stokiejodie I got the maxi cosi cassia bouncing/rocking/swinging chair. Iv not got it out the box yet but it looked nice with good reviews. I got a deal on it when it was Amazon prime day deals so saved around £60 on it. 
  • @empa we have lost our summer in the uk we have gone back to rain and being cold again

• Definitely ready to have our little bundle of joy, the rib thumping in the mornings is too much sometimes 😂 33+3 & really waddling as well 🐧 Received this lovely box of gifts & a card from my team at work...only 2 more shifts left 😱
    Like you @Stokiejodie, I keep thinking I'll only be off on holiday for a few weeks, not 52 😂 It's going to feel so weird 😵 Anyway, not long ladies 😍👶💙
  • Aww that's lovely little gifts from your work getting nervous now it's getting closer think it's more the worrying about making sure grandparents get here to have the kids etc when the time comes