Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2014
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in December 2014

Replies

• Options

Hi Zo3, Congratulations, you must be ecstatic especially after how long little one kept you waiting, I think that's the key giving up and thinking about something else, that's how it happened with me I think. When was your last af? I worked out id be due 11 December 2014, that's interesting GP thinks you would be three days later. Good luck for the next ninemonths.

• Options

Hi everyone, congratulations to all the girls who joined the group image and welcome to the group image 

And Zo3 that was the way with me too, had been trying for nearly 1.5 years without success so I decided to stop thinking about it, joined the gym and was training hard to get fiter and slimmer for Summer and 3 months on and here I am, Really happy and wishing to have a bump on Summer eheheh image

Hugs everyone

• Options

the stuff in the bounty packs is quite awesome.  It is a bit like a Christmas stocking.  I didn't even know such stuff existed until I went to dr.  I dono about you guys but its free and pretty cool hehe just cant wait to pick up my ED's from Argos. 

Anyone in Cambridge?  Cant wait to see the Rosie Unit, at addenbrookes....the modifications they have made look pretty awesome!!!!   

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!!  JUST TAKE A MINUTE TO THINK WHAT WE HAVE GROWING INSIDE US!!!! 

• Options
    Butterfly31 my last af was 08/03/14 how about u? So were due almost the same time image have u had your midwife appointment yet? Mine is the 28th April (hubby's birthday!!)

Sarasilver that's fantastic congrats!! Yeah I joined gym too and lost a bit of weight so maybe that helped us concieve too! I am excited but will feel better once I've had our 1st scan it will be more realistic then!
  • Options

Hi baby88, I went to Doctor today and they never gave me anything at all, no info nowt. They just said I would see a midwife at 12 weeks and have a scan then and then at 20 weeks that was it. Is there any where else can get this bounty pack?

Zo3, my last Af was the 6 March 2014, so similar time. I haven't seen a midwife and according to my GP I wont see anyone until 12 weeks, so been left in limbo, Im guessing ill be due on 11 December 2014, but they didn't examine me or tell me when I would be due.

• Options

Hi everyone congratulations! Me and my husband have been ttc for 2 years.we finally got pregnant on my 3rd cycle of chlomid last year but it wasn't meant to be and I had a mc at 11 weeks.I've just found out I'm pregnant again after just 1 cycle of Clomid.I'm due end of December so it's very early days but I'm very excited! :0)

• Options

Congratulations and welcome to all the new members image Xox

• Options

Welcome Babylis and congratulations. I bet your excited and nervous. Good luck for the next 9 months.

• Options

Hi butterfly31.  Well I actually had my Dr appointment originally just to register at the new surgery so I just told her and she got really excited which was really sweet.  She went through all the foods to avoid and to stop smoking and drinking etc then she said give this paper to reception and they will give you a bounty pack.  She also said that the receptionist would make the midwife booking but when I opened my pack it had a letter from the midwives with the phone number and said to call and make the appointment myself so I did and have it today.

I am not sure how others do it but you just have to ask your midwife for a bounty pack at your appointment, she should give you one anyway coz its got a prenatal care book inside which should have like your birth plan and a record of all your appointments etc. 

• Options

Thank you butterfly31 I am just that but trying to be more excited than nervous I have a feeling that this is a stronger one but I'll enjoy every minute of this pregnancy for as long as it lasts :0) 

• Options
    Hi Baby88 sounds like your GP was more helpful than mine she asked a couple of questions and referred me to midwife but said I wouldn't see midwife until 12 week's so not very helpful. Hopefully I'll get some information soon. Hi Babylis, I bet it's quite an anxious time, hopefully this is a sticky bean and you can be given some reassurance from midwife and scans. When do you think you might be due
  • Options

My last af was 24th March so around 30th December.

• Options

It's strange your doc said that you can't see midwife till 12 weeks! Maybe everywhere is different but mine gave me a referral letter for the hospital and the midwifes number to call her. Are u having any symptoms yet?

• Options

Hi Babylis, that's exciting you wont know if baby will be born in 2014 or 2015.

I find it strange as well I can't believe im going to go my whole first trimester without seeing or speaking with anyone. I don't even have the number to phone the midwives to discuss things as they didn't give me any contact numbers. My boobs have increased in size and are pretty sore, had some nausea and an upset stomach, not feeling as tired now but see spots if I stand up too quickly or overexert myself. Having a lot of hot flushes too so no heating on anymore. Ill be 7 weeks tomorrow. How about you Zo3 are you having symptoms.

• Options

Butterfly31 are you in Scotland? With my last pregnancy I didn't see anyone until my scan at 13+6! I was going out of my mind a bit but everything was perfect. I saw the dr yesterday, which was a shock in itself as there's usually a huge wait, and I have the midwives phone number to call and arrange my appointment. Exciting times!

• Options

hi all. it's been a long term since i've been on these boards (march09 and december10) but i'm back with an edd of 30th december so very very early days. i have a 5yo Austin and 3yo Phoebe, we live in kent. planning a hba2c for this little one xx

• Options
    Wow, there are so many if us image

Congratulations everyone!! WoWbabies, you've lost me with a hba2c?!

• Options

ah sorry lol. homebirth after 2 csections x

• Options

Hi MamaCat yeah im in Scotland, live in Edinburgh. Its crazy just don't see anyone until 12 weeks, seems different hear, Was expecting a phone number a week book of what to expect nothing. When they contact you for scan etc do you get a choice of appointments as im on training when im 12 weeks and wont be able to get out of it.

WoWbabies welcome to the every expanding December group March was a very busy time for us ladies. That's a nice age gaps between the kiddies, makes it a bit easier hopefully as im guessing Austin and Phoebe are now at nursery?

• Options

Ah lovely, that's where I am too! Last time I was in Glasgow and I was just given a date, but I think I probably could have changed it if I wanted. This time as I've to call the midwives myself I assume I'll get some say in it. I hope so anyway as I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks when I'll be 12+3 and I really want it done before I go!