Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015

Due in December 2015 Part 3

Replies

• Wow looks like a lot has been going on over the last few days! Glad everyone is still hanging in there and OK with whatever things are sent to challenge us!

Mine is at work at the moment, we are under huge pressure to cost save which means I know I am doing more that I should be but there is no one else to do it. It wearing me out so much. I am exhausted already and its only Monday. 

I have started making a list for my hospital bag and I am going to get some of it on Saturday when I go shopping. I dont want to pack it yet though as it seems too early. If I do it all now then I will have nothing left to do on Mat leave (which cant come soon enough).

I don't have any stretch marks yet...I think if they are going to appear then the next few weeks are going to be the time as I feel like I am rapidly expanding.

Got a free two hour feeding class at the hospital tomorrow to go through both breast feeding and bottle feeding from birth onwards. Also start our NTC classes next week which i am quite excited about.

• Evening all!  

Busy thread we've got today 😊 Alextomx,  blimey that all sounds scary, glad all now settled for you! 

Glimmer,  what dates your scan?  I've got one on 23rd and can't wait to see my baby again ♥ I hope the outcome is good for you. Didn't you already have your Glucose test which was ok?

Swanny as far as I know, no H.V visit planned at all. Just a routine gp appt I had at week 31. I've got an antenatal breastfeeding workshop next week which I am looking forward to Squeak but don't think it covers bottle feeding.

I think you're right about the stretchmarks,  think they'll be popping up anytime soon. New ones for my collection.  I really don't mind them, they make me kind've proud 😉  

• Morning All!

Alex, i'm glad thinks have settled down, that sounds terrifying, take it easy!

I think we have to be positive about stretch marks - we have/will earn our tiger stripes!

I have a couple popping up now, got a feeling they wont be alone for much longer, cant wait to get my palmers spray on them!

(Maybe TMI) So I took 1 iron tablet on Saturday and 2 on Sunday, hadn't been to the loo until today since Friday, was sooo uncomfortable its ridiculous, and that was only after taking some prescribed aid! I really can't take these iron tablets, don't know what I should do, I have another Consultant appt in 2 weeks, i'm thinking just wait until then to discuss...does anyone know if I can cause any harm to the bubba by being slightly anemic? x

• Hi hadepop, have you ( and everyone taking iron) tried a fortified cereal for breakfast with milk and glass of pure oj and loads - and I mean loads if green leafy veg? 

My hubby has taken to making his own curry sauces with tonnes of spinach in (amongst other goodies) and pile the veg on any other meal you can to try and get the natural vitamins - it might not be enough to reverse anemia but it will give you a boost ! Also try switching to wholegrain rice bread etc as its got better fibre which helps you " go " and drink drink drink - lots of water helps too ;)

Even a few small changes in diet can help so much with the bloating and discomfort, especially when you add in extra iron supplements lol

• Hi Hadepop - sorry to hear you are struggling!  Luckily I am not in that situation, so I can't really give much advice.

I know after I had surgery last year to rectify the mistakes with my c section, I really struggled cos I was taking co-codamol.  I took some lactulose which really helped, but not sure you can have that when you are pregnant?!

• Haha swanny, it was after surgery earlier this yr my hubby suffered " going difficulties " also because of medication, his consultant advised the dietry changes to assist and also if needed to use a senna remedy - not sure if senna can be used either in pregnancy! 

The diet changes defo helped tho and as I was just pregnant at the time I followed the healthier eating too and feel better for it than before.

Think casseroles, dinners and home made soups and pasta sauces to get the veg boosts lol

• Oooo all that hearty, warming winter food!!  Yum!!!! My ham sandwich just hasn't cut it ;-)

• Thanks for all the suggestions..

Swanny - you can take lactulose under medical advice, and that is what I took this morning, along with OJ, Dried Apricots and actual caffeinated coffee (that bit I enjoyed).

I have tried to up my dietary iron and Vit C intake too, so maybe i just did too much all at the same time :-)

Will continue with the dietary changes and leave the tablets for now I think! I am adding Spinach, Rocket and Watercress to literally everything, and drinking Fresh OJ with meals too, yesterday I drank 7 pints of water, so really trying with the liquid intake !

I had JP with Tuna and the above mentioned leafy greens for lunch Swanny, we are lucky enough to have a fridge and microwave in the office, so plenty of hearty food can be consumed!

How long has everyone got left at work before their mat leave? xx

• Oh man I'm well jel!!! Lol. We have a microwave but I'm just not organised enough! It's easier to knock together a sandwich 😋

I finish 5 weeks on Friday....sooooooo ready!!!!

• I finish at same day as you Swanny and I literally cannot wait now! I have two friends that are due this week so I am also eagerly awaiting their news too.

In terms of iron, the only other thing I could suggest would be investing in a Nutribullet. We have one and I have a smoothie for breakfast every day. They are a great way of hiding veg such as kale and spinach. My iron levels are currently higher than normal and I think this is probably one of the reasons.

• Ah yes Squeak - count down! :-)  It will soon be here!  I can't believe we are all approaching our maternity leave!  Its madness!

• I remember the day I joined this site looking for some advice as I was coming of the pill after a long time. I never imagined I would get pregnant first cycle trying and then meet you lovely ladies. Soon we will all be on Mat leave moaning about getting impatient for their arrival! 

• It's madness isn't it?! I remember joining because I wanted to speak with ladies who were pregnant too....sort of baby buddies! I was so worried with catching first month that something would go wrong!

Oh my just washed and dried the first lot of 'Dave's' clothes. Making it that bit more real!!!!

• I could likely put up with the toilet troubles if my iron levels were actually improving. I'm on 3 tablets plus having oj,  kale,  watercress,  nuts,  fortified cereal daily but to no avail.  Anaemia is kind've ok during pregnancy,  baby taking everything they need which is why we're left depleted. Main risk is that if already running on near empty at time of delivery,  then a mum (if she has heavy bleeding during and post delivery)  can be left more worse for wear and needing transfusion. 

On a lighter note...!!  Maternity leave 4 weeks Friday (well annual leave which runs into mat leave)  can't bloomin wait.

Oo bet that was fun washing dave's little clothes swanny 😊 I got very emotional in asda yesterday looking at little Christmas outfits woop woop getting closer now 😁 👶 x

• Bless you. So glad I don't suffer with anaemia 😞 after I had Josh I had it and was on tablets, I felt really shitty then so I hate to think how bad it feels when pregnant!

It's weird exciting and scary all in one go!! I just need to get my finger out, have that much to do that if I get Dave's things sorted at least it's done then it's on to Christmas and sorting my big little mans things 😃

• I'm putting off washing clothes until maternity leave! I've bought the washing powder all ready. 

My maternity is 6 weeks on friday, and I can't wait. These last couple of days my back has starting killing, and I get this pain in my side if I sit awkward, which happens a lot in work. Only lying down eases it. 

Still need to buy a pram, going this weekend to look! 

• What prams do u like Gaeaf15??

We've got ours, just need to put it together!

• What pram have you got Swanny? 

i like the Venicci, and I've seen a bebetto in a local baby shop. Both are my favourite so far, going to mothercare this weekend to see what's there. I live on a farm, so need quite a sturdy pram! 

• We've got a good old silver cross! It's the wayferer, very nice. I did notice there is one up from our model that's got really big sturdy wheels for those more in need of an outdoors pushchair. Can't remember the name of it but was deffo a silver cross x

• I've got a silver cross wayfarer aswell.  It's navy with checked bits on x