Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in December 15 Big Birth Announcement thread

Replies

• Bless you Gaeaf, sounds like hard work but he looks so worth it!!! Congratulations again xx

• Ah Gaeaf, he's so sweet! Know what you mean about the feeding /being held and not liking moses basket,. Elliott is the same. I also said to my mum yesterday that If I could turn back time I would wrap up all the Christmas presents before having him! 😃

• Oh Gaeaf15, you got there in the end! And you did so well! That's a some serious pushing time! Congratulations again, we shall get those festive nappies sent out as soon as we can - in the meantime, please do feel free to show us another pic of your beautiful baby!

Runner32, there's no rush at all - you just heal up and get better. We hope Henry is letting you get some sleep.

• Hello ladies 

My induction was started Sunday at 4 pm, ( 40+1weeks). The midwife said that I was 2 cm dilated but as baby's head was on the rim of my pelvis the Dr would be bought in to break my waters as she also wanted a clip fitted to better monitor baby ( she wouldn't be still  to get a good trace )

So waters got broken and Dr tried to attatch the clip and baby decided she didn't want it on and moved out of the way - into a transverse position! 

Dr thought he could still feel her legs and said if that was the case I had an option to try a natural breech delivery (only as I have delivered big babies previously) but called in a scanning machine to confirm.....

Scan revealed that what he thought was knee was her elbow so baby decided for us - a cesarean was quickly organised.

By 530 I had gone from a normal induction to sitting on a trolley having a spinal block ! A bit of a shock but tried to take it one step at a time .. After a slight delay (another lady in labour needed checking on) Dr re examined and scanned after the block just to treble check baby's position but she had not moved so I had my not so little girl delivered at 624pm, by cesarean section.  

Rosalie Rebecca weighed in at 9lb12 oz and is a lovely and chilled out baby!

Post op I was on bed rest until Monday morning and had lots of checks and meds before I was allowed up and about, I was chuffed SPD seems to have almost vanished !!! Just a bit of lower back ache but also normal after being in bed soon long !

Today / day 2 she is bottle feeding every 3 hours - I did try breast feeding but due to a slight tongue tie she has alot of difficulty latching on to me but seems to manage better on a bottle. (This is being monitored also by m/w)

I feel sore and am a but slower at walking but so relieved to sleep laying down it's crazy lol the pain killers help alot too but I'd be on them with a normal delivery too.

All in all happy baby and so a happy momma!

I never wanted a c section and wouldnt have chosen one if i had another option but I have to say its not as bad as I feared! Just think I'm lucky to have helpers at home and be at the beginning of Xmas holidays ! It's made it so much easier to put feet up 

• Ah what a lovely story busynamma! These little people like to keep us on our toes don't they?! Rest up and enjoy Christmas! Xx

All tucked up at home !

• Wish there was a like button. Too cute for words. 

• busymamma, Rosalie is just gorgeous - love the sleepy shot! And your birth story, though it didn't go according to plan, actually sounds great. So glad your SPD has cleared up too! Get healing!

On another festive nappy note, unfortunately, our office is closing for Chrimbo (i'll still be here! Just working from home!) so looks like the nappies might be making their way to you in the New Year now - we do hope that's ok!

• Know this is going to sound daft busymamma but rosalie looks really girlie 😄 and what's your secret to get her to sleep in her moses basket?! 😁 x

• Lol sunny I don't know...perhaps someone told her we didn't get a cot yet?

She is the spitting image of her big sisters so I think we know who she follows !

• What do all your other children think of her, are they smitten? And how are you feeling post section? 

• Yeah they are all besotted even our Staffy has taken up residence next to the basket lol

As for me I'm feeling tired and tender, my back is achey but the pain killers help :). Think my boobs will over take the ache tomorrow as I get the feeling my milk will be in at full strength! They feel heavy now !!!

I'm managing to do bits at a time when I'm up but tbh ive spent more time sat with my feet up on sofa than any thing else !  Feeling very blessed right now :D

• Happy Christmas All!

So as you know I was booked in for an elective section yesterday.

We were lucky enough to be first on the list :-)

They couldnt get the spinal sited so eventually after an hour & 15 mins I had a combined spinal epidural.

Baby took 18mins to get out because she was wedged in bum first & then had her hand over her head too! She pooed & weed before they could get the rest of her out...messy! Then the placenta was stuck & had to be manually removed in small pieces...consequently I lost 3x the expected amount of blood & spent 16hrs on HDU on fluids & antibiotics...Baby didnt even need oxygen!

We were allowed out lunchtime today with iron tablets painkillers and blood thinning injections..

She is amazing :-)

I feel like ive been beaten up but pain is manageable...me OH and the dog are all in love xxx

• Aww amazing hadepop, well done ! 

Thankfully Rosalie waited until she was wrapped in a towel by the midwife before letting go ! Dad got that pleasure on his first cuddle lol

Apparently alot go as soon as they are delivered - must be the surprise??

• Hi everybody. I thought I'd post while it was still fresh (well of what I can remember) in my mind.

I started having pains on Xmas eve night, not regular contractions, so thought it would go away the following day as it had for the last week. 

Woke up xmas morning feeling fresh as a daisy, but just a bit heavy down below. Watched the kiddies open their presents and then went and mucked the horse out, which is when I started with unregulated contractions. About 1ish, we sat down to have dinner and they started coming every 10 mins. My parents came over at about 2ish and during the time they were here they went down to every 5 mins. At 3, I rang the hospital and they told me to wait a couple of hours as they needed to be every 3 mins. 20 mins later I rang them telling them I was coming in as they were every 2/3 mins. Luckily parents were still here to take kids with them.

Got to hospital around 4ish and I was 2-3cm dilated but fully effaced (paper thin cervix) and when she swept could stretch me to 5cm. I had paracetamol and codine ,  by 5.15 ( I was clock watching when my contractions were while bouncing on a ball) the pain was too much, but apparently too early for gas and air or epidural. The midwife gave me diamorphine but said I could have gas and air til it kicked in (I never gave it back again lol). That is where my memory gets hazy as I was high as a kite, although my lovely partner filmed me for a couple of minutes (apparently I asked him to lol). At about 6.45 ish I told the midwife I needed to push, she measured and I was 8cm and 10 mins later she was out. During the pushing, i do remember asking the midwife if i was having a poo but it was my princess coming out lol. All I got was a graze and not much blood loss.

Pippa was absolutely fine and we would have been let out that night but she had a grade 2 poo in the sac so needed 12 hours of 2 hourly checks. She is doing lovely, and bf really well. So happy mummy and baby! 😊

• Sounds like a fairly good Labour Sophie! Well done you and congratulations again!!! 😊 she's beautiful! Xx

• Hi all, 

Finally got some time so I thought I would do my birth story. 

I woke up on Christmas morning at 3am for no reason at all and I couldn't get back to sleep. I thought I was excited to have the kids with us for Christmas this year. They woke up about 6.30 so I got up and went for a wee, at which time I realised I was having my show. 

We went down to open presents and within 10 minutes my contractions started, they came on really quickly and really strong. I knew this was the real deal so we got through all the presents and got dressed and took the kids to Matts sisters. 

I started to use my tens machine when we got there which was about 9.30 and by 10 the contractions were every 3-4 mins and lasting around an min. Called the hospital and they asked me to stay at home for another hour and then to go in.

Got to the hospital at 11am and I was 2cm dilated and the midwife gave me another sweep to speed things up. As they were close together and strong, they let me stay on the midwife led unit rather than going home until I was 4cm. Being Xmas day is was pretty quiet. 

It took me from 11am until 7.20pm to get to 4cma dilated at which point I was given gas and air and moved to a birthing room. I decided not to have a water birth as the tens machine was working so well for me that I didn't want to stop it to get unto the water.

From this point I just used tens and gas n air, had to do a lot on all fours as my waters hadnr broken so the pressure/pain on my lower back was immense.

The hardest part was waiting for my waters to break as the midwives couldn't check how dilated I was as they couldnt do an inspection. All i wanted to do was push and they wouldn't let me as they had to be sure that I wasn't going to damage my cervix. This took about 45 mins and my waters started to deliver and were on the outside of my body between my legs. It felt like a condom filled with water jiggling around. All the midwives kept saying was they are going to go with the next contraction but they never did.

Then suddenly they could see his head and they said I could push. It took me 5 or 6 pushes and Joshua was delivered in his amniotic sack. Matt tried to get a picture but it then ruptured and went everywhere. The midwives were crying as they had never seen it before! Apparently it's very rare and supposed to be lucky.

His umbilical was incredibly thin and when they went to pick up my placenta is self combusted over the floor, it looked like a murder scene! 

I had to have a couple of stitches and I was done.

I feel incredibly blessed to have what I consider an amazing birth and this little man part of my life

• Ah squeak...that sounds almost perfect!! I'm definitely ordering one of those this time round 😊 congratulations again xx

• Squeak firstly you look amazing in the picture! And Joshua is gorgeous! He reminds me of my boy ha and gkad the birth was straight forward! Think I'll have to look into a tens machine next time, if we have another that is! 

• Honestly the tens machine was amazing. The midwife said for 50% of women it works and for the other it doesn't. I had the manatens one that had 3 layers of settings and each layer had 50 levels.

When he was delivered I was on A34 so it had the capability of doing a lot more. For an hour after birth my back was still tensing. The next day I felt like I had been hit by a bus as the muscles in my back were sore from it but so worth it.  

It also has a boost button so every time i had a contraction, matt boosted it for me until it was over, we had a right little routine worked out!

Feeling surprisingly good, I keep waiting for the dreaded baby blues to hit or the day when my milk comes in to be horrible but I just feel so good.

Only got up twice last night to feed him and I'm sleeping well inbetween so deffo no complaints from me