Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in December 15 Big Birth Announcement thread

Replies

• Squeak185, just read your birth story, and we thought it was super rare for babies to come out in the amniotic sack! And can we say not only how gorgeous Joshua is, but how beautiful you look in that pic - just radiant!

• Squeak...congrats again...you look amazing in that pic! After 5L of fluids being pushed through me OH was banned from taking photos of me lol! X

• Right thought it was about time I shared my story.

I had my sweep on Monday the 14th Dec and was in a lot of pain afterwards. My midwife said my cervix was 100% effaced but I was only 1cm dilated. She said if I needed to be induced all they would have to do is break my waters. 

So on the Tues I found myself in the DAU thinking my waters had broke. Whilst there my blood pressure dropped extremely low and I almost passed out but they came to the conclusion that my waters hadn't broke. 

I was sent home and found myself in the DAU on Weds as I was pretty sure my waters had broke in the early morning and that I was having contractions. This time the midwife confirmed that my hind waters had broke and the baby's head was exposed but that I was still only 1cm dilated. She booked my in for an induction on the Thurs. 

I was in excruciating pain all night, contractions coming every 3 minutes andvI vomited blood, felt sick and hot.

My partner drove me to the hospital in the morning and I was pleased I was coping without any pain relief of any kind.

We got there and I was put on monitors and they checked me again and I was only 2cm dilated still but my full waters then broke and they said it was extremely hot up there which wasn't normal. They checked my stats and my temperature was raised, blood pressure and heart rate high and baby's heart rate was 200bpm which is obviously an alarm. They suspected sepsis so they gave me iv antibiotics and advised me I would need an emergency csection. It all happened quickly after that. The team was amazing and Henry was born and put on iv antibiotics straight away. They also corrected the scarring of my previous surgery whilst in there. I lost 1.2 litres of blood and was very ill.

Henry was born at 12.08pm on Thurs 17th Dec weighing 9lbs and 9ozs.

I won't go into all the details but Henry and I spent 7 days in hospital on antibiotics released on Christmas eve, the cultures came back as positive for group strep B on both Henry and myself. 

I went through a plethora of emotions including feeling like my body had failed me and Henry, disappointment and upset on being in hospital for so long, and worry for Henry. 

But we are home now and Henry is 2 weeks tomorrow. 

My birth plan was to have an all natural birth no pain relief but I ended up with a complete intervention. And to top it I have been told I will need a csection if I have another baby and need to be proactively treated for group strep B with antibiotics. So sometimes things happen that we don't plan for or want but ultimately it was what was best for Henry and myself. 

• Bless you runner! Doesn't sound nice at all! 😔 but at least Henry and yourself are all ok now. I guess sometimes we just have to go with the flow and put our trust in the hospitals and staff xxx

• Hi ladies.

Thought I'd share my story whilst it's fresh in my mind and baby jacob is sleeping!!

So as you know I had the consultant on Wednesday who said I wouldn't be able to labour naturally so wWas booked in for a section on Monday. However he decided to do me a sweep anyway just to see, but wasn't hopeful.

My waters broke at 12:30am on 31/12 at home! Because of the planned section I had to go straight into hospital. They sent me up to the maternity ward . About 4am I started getting contractions, but about 10 minutes apart. It got to around 11am and I was having contractions every 3 in 10 so they sent me down to the Labour ward. Then all of a sudden everything stopped!! They were pushing and pushing for an answer on whether I wanted a section or to try even though I'd probably fail....Well I was gonna prove them wrong! Lol. 

At 5pm the consultant came to break the waters around babys head....if that didn't start my contractions again then I'd be put on the drip. Luckily my contractions started again and were coming every 2-3 minutes. I was examined at around 7pm and I was 5cm dilated so half way! After that my contractions kept coming and coming so I had no time to be examined again and just had to push! So I pushed and I pushed!! It's was the most painful thing ever but the sense of achievement I got from doing it naturally was unreal! I had gas and air and pethadine so was chuffed I did it without an epidural. However I did have second degree tears, so lots of stitches but much rather that than the alternative c section.

Baby Jacob was born at 22:47pm on 31/12/15. So my actual established Labour was around 5 and a half hours 😊 

One very proud and happy mummy and daddy xx

• Amazing Swanny, well done for sticking to your guns and achieving a natural birth...wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

• Swanny, you did it !!!!

so happy you got the delivery you wanted, and just snuck in before the bells!!!!

Hope you have a swift recovery, Jacob is adorable!  sending big hugs to you both  x

• Owww swanny congratulations! I love it when people prove doctors wrong! 

So chuffed for you! 

• Thanks ladies! I'm enjoying it much more already this time round purely because I can actually do stuff with Jacob!

Deffo no more though.....hubby is being snipped somewhere in the not too distant future!

• Congratulations swanny! How amazing you did it all naturally after them saying you would need a section! I had second degree tear too and have had no problem, i think it may be healed after 2 weeks! only when I coughed for the first time a couple of days after I thought I had teared again ha x

• Swanny so happy for you. Huge congratulations on the birth of Jacob.

Xx

• Huge congratulations...what a beauty he is. Thanks ks for sharing your story... 5.5 wks to go and these stories are a great help of what to expect. All the best xx

• Not long for you then anmarie!  😃

• All the luck in the world Ann Marie xx

• Afternoon ladies just wondered how everyone is doing ?

• Hey busymamma. How are you and Rosalie? Elliott and I are OK. Still struggling with him not settling to sleep unless he's being cuddled by either me, Craig or when he's in his pram. We've tried lots of different tactics but nothing worked so far. How are you finding recovery after c section?  Are you still getting any pain? My wound on the outside seems to have just about closed (although I cant see it too well tbh as it's tucked under my tum!)

Off to get him weighed in a while,  something else I'm worrying about.  Last week the hv was acting like I wasn't feeding him as he's dropped down on the poxy charts and he's now below 2nd percentile (was on 9th at birth) Even though he'd actually gained a huge 8oz in a week! Hubby thinks I'm stressing unnecessary and he's always reminding me that I've managed to bring up two healthy teens!  I know he's right but I've not breastfed before and I guess that's what's worrying me.

On a positive,  I got a new car yesterday and have my 6week check tues so I'm looking forward to getting out and about a bit more xx  

• Hi all!

Still having daily dressing changes & being told off for overdoing it! Beatrice is fine, & on the 99th percentile for height @ 56cm!

She is great apart from not sleeping between approx 6pm-midnight and needing to be held constantly during that time!

Lucky you with the new car Sunny, cant believe it is 6wks already; Bea is 2 weeks today :-)

How is everyone?x

• Hello busymamma, sunny and hadepop 😊

Sunny don't stress about elliots weight....I'm sure you would know if something was wrong, you're his mummy!! 

Nice for the new car....what have I gone for???

Hadepop you're very naughty!!! You should be chilling out! I know how I felt 2 weeks after having Joshua, you should Still be putting your feet up and letting people run around after you! Glad Beatrice is doing well though 😊

Jacob and I are doing ok thanks. He was weighed yesterday and was 8lb 3so he's only lost 2oz bless him.  We seem to be ok at night time now....took a couple of days but he's doing ok. He has a feed a cuddle and generally settles in his Moses basket. He's more awake in the evening though so last feed before bed is sometimes a long one! Can't believe he's 6 days old already! Xx

• imagethis is what we get at the last feed before bed...bright eyes!! Lol.

• imageimageimageimage

Hi everyone 

ive been very absent from all these posts

congratulations to you all and all your gorgeous babies xx

i was due 22/12 

but she decided that 28/12 was a nicer birthday lol

on the 27th i felt ill all morning and i went in to get checked coz I couldn't feel her. And i was fed up..

i was contracting every 5mins but couldnt feel it. Got examined and was 4-5cm i got admitted as i have history of fast labours and i didnt get painfull contractions till 11pm that night when i was 8cm. And oh my did i know it when they kicked in out of. Nowhere. Aparently it happens depending on where baby lies but she turned and the pain was instant lol but sucking on gas and air I got through the last bit and midnight i was 10cm 00:10 my waters broke and at 00:17 she was born 

Marli Rose Diane Mitchell 

28/12/15

00:17

8lb 4oz