Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015

Due in December 2015 Part 4

Replies

• Weeks not seeks lol

• Hi hadepop. Ooo fab! If you can get booked in a bit earlier that would be good for you 😊

My health visitor visit was fine. She just spoke to me about my worries and then explained what care they would give and things!

Runner that's not good about the liver 😠 hopefully it will all work out for you!

Ashley...I don't know why first time mums tend to go over, they just do. In most cases of my friends it's been true but the odd time they've been early. 

We don't have dilation checks unfortunately. The first check we have if its not a sweep is when we start in Labour.

All I'll say is baby will come when they're ready, there's no point worry about something you have no control over hun. You just have to go with it x

• Evening ladies. 

I have had a lazy day but made more of dent in the Christmas wrapping as I want it all done by the weekend. 

Still feeling rough so hoping a good night sleep will help me feel better, got the school run in the morning so need to be up early. 

Matt came home from work today with this - image

• Aww Squeak - soo cute!

Glad that the house is being put back together hadepop ! And that you have a human midwife who understands renovations !

Ashley as far as I know we don't get checked for dilation until either a sweep or labour is suspected ( as checking is kind of a mini sweep as they stimulate the cervix by checking it!) My m/w has agreed to a sweep 39+ weeks but not before 

Hope all goes well with the repeated blood tests too, I'm sure the drs will keep a close eye on you tho to make sure all is ticking along nicely x

• Ah squeak that's so cute! Good find by the other half 😊

• We don't have any dilation checks here either, all they will tell you is how many 5the your engaged. 

So until 40 weeks it's a guessing game. I'm opting not to have a sweep at 40weeks as it will be the 21Dec and I would rather try and get past Xmas day before anything happens. Not sure I will be saying the same thing in two and a half weeks! 

• My 40 weeks is Christmas day so not sure how having a possible sweep will work!! One for my midwife I guess when I see her next week x

• Swanny, the community m/w may not be out on xmas day but I'm sure they have appts scheduled for over Xmas!

Or you might be able to be swept a couple days before ??? Guess it depends on your midwife 

Mine has said at my 39 week appt, which due to the day of the week will be 39+4. As if it dosnt start me it could make the induction at 40 weeks a bit simpler so ask her about it 

• I'm at the consultant at 38+5 so I'll ask her as well what the plan will be. Only because my midwife says sometimes they don't sweep ladies doing vbac...apparently they like to try and leave things. So we shall see x

• Oh OK, guess it all depends on the Individual person/case and drs ! 

Sorry too as I didn't click you were going for a vbac (idk why!) I guess that changes the plans for the drs,  I know next to nothing about vbac !

• You and me both busymamma!! Lol. It's not just my c section it's the surgery I had after it that I think makes it a bit worse. I'm hopeful for natural though 😊 the consultant wrote to the surgeon who sorted me out and he's said that c section should only be an absolute emergency otherwise I'm gonna have to have everything done again. Fine by me! Lol. They told me last time I have an 80% chance of a natural birth so I'm keeping everything crossed (apart from my legs! Lol!!!!!)

• But every one has a chance of a c-section delivery so I guess your chances of a natural delivery is as good as anyone's !

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome xx

• Yep! Same chance as a first time mum so can't complain. In a few weeks I'm sure we'll all know 😉

• 15 days tomorrow for me - not that I'm counting down tho image

• 21 for MMe....Just my age 😝

• Happy Friday everyone! 

Slept for five hours and had rolos for breakfast ! Yum lol

• 19 days left for me and counting! 

Woke up feeling utterly shit! Did the school run and now I am camped out on the sofa for the rest of the day. Desperately trying to get better for my baby shower on Sunday!

Apart from that nothing to report. Braxton Hicks have got stronger and more frequent but apart from that I have no new developments!  

• Morning ladies.

It's Friday 😊 busy party weekend for me!

Busymamna I want rolos for breakfast! Lol.

Squeak hope you feel better soon. Maybe your baby shower will make you feel better even if you still feel a bit pants!

Emotional day for me today....my little man starts his swimming lessons!!! I know I sound stupid but I've never left him in the swimming pool before, he's always been with me and hubby. I know it sounds silly!! He's been swimming nearly every week since he was 8 weeks old so I know he'll be fine, it's just me! Lol. My baby is growing up!

• Morning ladies and happy Friday. 

I want rolos too. I am going to go out and get myself some treats lol. 

Squeak get better soon - hopefully your baby shower helps you feel better and hopefully whatever it is has gone by Sunday.

Swanny I can only imagine how it must feel. You musthave such mixed emotions. 

Only 9 days to go to due date including today and having a sweep in 10 days. On countdown

• Aww feel better soon squeak and enjoy your shower!

Swanny, you will soon see how grown up your little man is when the baby comes home !   I'm sure he will enjoy being a big boy getting his big boy lessons! Go grab a cuppa and try not to worry - I'm sure you will feel better when he comes bounding out of the pool all excited to tell you what he has been up to!

Runner I think we're all counting down now ! I had hubby up late last night as I was contracting every 6 mins - they just weren't as strong as I needed to be able to ring the unit....thankfully they fizzled out around 1 am !

Hubby is out all day today and he has begged me to not start again just yet - said he needs at least one last weekend of sleep lol men eh?

Oh and I think rolos for breakfast is ace just once in a blue moon - just don't tell my kids ;)