Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2015 Part 4

Replies

• Morning all, today is my original due date but going by the scan i've got 4 days to go. Started getting migraines again which isn't fun. Starting to feel so real. 

Squeak love the hat. Hope you feel better soon.

That's not good about your liver Runner. It's good they caught it and not long left before baby makes an appearance. 

NewmommyAshley we don't have dilation checks here either. I don't know if it's helpful to know or not. I was told at hospital recently only 0.4% babies come on there due date which is depressing.  

That's good the bathroom is almost done Hadepop you must be relieved.  

Hope the swimming goes okay Swanny, I know must be stressful as what happens is out of your control. I'm sure he'll so great..

That's great busymamma makes a difference to have some uninterrupted sleep. I so want some rolos

• i thought it was quiet, I just hadn't received the notifications ha

i don't think I have a home visit off the midwife, they only hold a clinic and sure they said they don't do them, I havnt been told about a health visitor check either. The last two times I've seen a stand in midwife and usually I always have a stufent midwife so my actual midwife doesn't seem on top of things, the appointments seem to be abit rushed. she was meant to ring me about a birth plan, which she hasn't done yet. I'm 38 weeks on Sunday, seeing her Monday and I've a load of questions! 

I don't think the baby is engaged at all! I'm hoping for some tips on how to get it down. I think I'll be going over.  My two close friends who have had babies both went early! but I'm not holding out, I've had no braxton hicks or anything!

tryng to motivate myself to go to do some last bits of shopping, we have had a water leak the last 2 days so no heating today and now I'm wanting to just sit and watch tv ha

• I don't think you can do much to encourage the baby to engage other than to keep active, lots of walking is supposed to help a lot and I have heard that stomping works well! Like when you are going up the stairs! 

Either way I don't think it makes the world of difference, I had a friend who was engaged from 36 weeks and went two weeks over!  

• Hi Gaeaf15, midwife should visit at home 1st 10 days then health visitor should take over. It's crap they are kind of leaving you in the dark. I  terms of getting baby engaged midwife told me to get on my hands and knees and start rocking or get a chair and turn it around so you sit on it facing the back and lean forward.  Also a gym ball helps. Apparently it's sitting on the couch that delays it which I do all the time. Hopefully these things helpful 

• Evening ladies.

Just thought I'd share my 37 week bump!

Off put to my friends 40th birthday party , but not really feeling to glamorous!

Hope you all enjoy your Friday evening xximage

• Looking lovely swanny im surprised you can muster the energy to go out.  All I cab do I'd nap lol

• You look great swanny!  Have a nice time at the party. Maybe having a boogie will get things moving! 

Elliott and I are home alone as Craig has a work party,  and both big children out with friends. So we've got our pj's on and we're going to watch a Christmas movie.

We had our first outing yesterday to m&s for feeding bras.  Was weird being out! We even managed to have cuppa and a cake.

Elliott says he's looking forward to the birth of more December club babies xx 

• Sounds like a nice day Sunny. Love a wee Christmas film. That's good you got out for the bras snd could have a wee cake. There selections not too bad. I got a coupleasure from there the other day.

Hopefully more of the babies will make an appearance soon

• I hope more babies make an appearance soon :-).

We are finally moving into our new house tomorrow with the bulk of our furniture going on Monday. So hopefully I can get the baby's stuff all set up. 

Only 1 week + 1 day until due date. Midwife thought I would be early. I think I will be late :-). Baby has been engaged since 34 weeks and 5 weeks later so nothing :-(

Sunny sounds like a lovely day/evening.

Swanny hope you had fun tonight.

I have been in bed for an hour. Took a tumble out of the bath earlier so trying to rest - silly, clumsy me.

Have a lovely evening everyone. Xx

• A question for the ladies that are still waiting....have you started a beauty regime to prepare for labour? I know it sounds mental but after months of feeling like I have let myself go, I am now feeling a bit ocd about making sure I feel ready! 

• Squeak I have let myself go lol but I am booked in on Tuesday to have my nails and waxing done ready for labour :-)

• I'm having a pedicure on Monday and I have booked to have my hair cut on Friday. I have noticed that the hair on my legs doesn't grow half as quick since I have been pregnant but I'm in that...must go it every other day just in case. I have also found a successful way of ensuring that down below is the best it can be! 

Had some really strong Braxton hicks again tonighr, whenever I get them the first thing matt asks me is 'do you have back ache?' lol he's so excited bless him 

• Aww runner - rest up hun, hope u OK! Best of luck with the house move -but be careful eh?

That's also why I kinda gave up on baths this last few days, can't get up without feeling like I've split up the middle and have slipped twice now so I quit while I can !

Sunny, sounds like u and Elliot have settled in for the night ! I love the PJ nights with a good film and a cuddle !  Also had the thought today - so soon I will be using the pram and carseat as I walked past it today lol

As to the beauty plans....I've done nails and eyebrows lol hair colour n cut booked for between Xmas n new yr but the bikini line is a work in progress! How exactly do u sort it out when u a: can't see it and b: can't spread knees wide enough to veet/wax!???  I might just give up and apologise to the m/w who looks after me lol ( hope they have seen it all before eh?)

• My OH just saw what I wrote above and asked in the grand scheme of things does it matter what my bits look like? when the contractions kick off am I really going to care because in the last five deliveries I have never once said anything about how do my bits look in labour lol 

Men's logic eh?

• Hope you are okay Runner. It's hard getting out of those baths without sliding.  Good luck with the move and ve careful.

Squeak I did my bikini line last week as thought I was getting a sweep. I did it will electric razor.As I couldnf see it haven't a clue what it looks like, also pumice my feet. I cut my toenails tonight and painted them. I was impressed I could still reach lol. Hope you braxton hicks develop into something more productive. 

The things we have to think about eh busymamma. When I was in hospital last year and examined I apologised for my bits stating I would have done my bikini line if I'd known people would be looking. I think once it all kicks off we won't care, hopefully. 

• I guess after years doing the job of a midwife that they have seen pretty much everything....I just don't want to be one they remember lol

• They must see some sights!  I was paranoid about bikini like but once i knew I was have a section I stopped worrying. I then realised that my bits would be on show when I was cathterised!  Too late by then! However I was told not to wax /shave /immac due to increased infection risk for surgery. Had a courtesy nhs electric shave instead!  

• Trust me ladies, when you're in the zone the last thing on your mind will be your bikini line! All of these worries will become a distant memory when you know you're about to meet your newest family member!! 

• Hi Natalie,  how are you and your cute William getting on? ☺ x 

• Hi sunny

We came home yesterday and its made a real difference to his feeding, maybe we're both more relaxed but I finally feel like he is getting what he needs. He is a very relaxed baby, I'm blessed!