Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2015 Part 4

Replies

• Welcome home Natalie & William!

Catching up on yesterdays chat made me lol! I found myself plucking my eyebrows yesterday...had my hair cut & highlighted 2 wks ago and have been keeping on top of nails and fuzz just in case! Have to.say have pretty much given up on bikini line now for same reasons as Sunny!

Sunny its good that you got out of the house yesterday...how many days is that since your section? Are you feeling much better? How is the feeding going? 

Swanny I think you looked lovely and healthy, hope the party was fun...

Good luck with the house move Runner...try not to overdo it! Sounds like you/Squeak/Butterfly are up next! 

I am being turfed out for the day so that the new flooring in the lounge can be laid :-) xxx

• I had my nails done in gold glitter on Thursday, had my hair done a couple of weeks ago. I'm not too bad at leg shaving but bikini line is like a no go! I for years had a full wax but had 2 whilst pregnant and it hurt so much I've just been letting it grow most of the time ha I did electric shave and try to veet last weekend and that will be the last time. It was so hard! I do need to do my eyebrows tho. I know it's vain but I just keep thinking I want to look okish in baby pics. I feel like a human mountain now, and have just ballooned everywhere! 

Glad all the babies are doing well, now we just need more to add from the group! 

Butterfly im sure most of my time I'm sat on the sofa so that won't help baby engage! Will try the chair thing! 

• Yeah I get that busymamma, I feel the same especially as age has not been kind and given me some grey hairs there. Don't want to look like  skunk lol. 

I'm the same Gaeaf15 I always sit on the couch but they advised against sitting on it too long at antenatal classes. I also cross my legs lol its like I'm trying to keep her in.

I think I may have been havibg some contractions but they are reducing in frequency so frustrating. I'm drinking some raspberry leaf tea to kick start things again

• I tint and thread my own eyebrows anyway so I am going to do that in the morning ready for my baby shower. After that I will prob need to do them one more time before d day. 

In terms of bikini I have worked out a way that works. Large full length mirror that I can sit in front of and then I have one of of close shave Wilkinsons razor which I can do everything I need to with!

Glad that your getting on well Sunny and managed to get out a bit.

Natalie I bet getting home was an amazing feeling and being more relaxed will make a world of difference.

My mum has kidnapped the kids for a few hours for operation baby shower which has made me even more excited for tomorrow!

Just gotta get through tonight having our neices for a sleepover so we have 4 kids here tonight  

• Noooooo how can I get to nearly 38 weeks with no stretch marks and then bam just got out of the shower with a couple on the bottom of my bump....it's because he's engaged a lot more! 

• Squeak...I feel your pain! I had no stretch marks with Joshua but gained a lot of weight. I've not gained as much weight this time but I noticed the horrific stretch marks I've all of a sudden got when I was trying dresses on the other day! I sat and cried! 

• Hi ladies,

Squanny and squeak, stretch marks aren't that bad, just a reminder that you've carried a precious bundle for 9 months :)

I've only got 8 days til my due day! I'm in such pain when I walk and sometimes sit, baby keeps sitting on a nerve which shoots down my leg. Aarh!! Xx

• They aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things and I know they'll fade, it's just the shock! I'm sure mine is because my bump is definitely bigger this time.

Oh the joys! these last days of pregnancy are not glamorous are they?!

• Aww ladies stretch marks are your medal for 9 months hard work!!

They will fade to almost unnoticeable tiny lines but wear them with pride! 

Hope the move is going well runner xx

We are having a DVD afternoon as I can't do much lol  currently is the little mermaid to be followed by home alone!

• I havnt got any stretch marks yet, well from pregnancy. I did get some on my hips and inside of my legs from growing but they are now the silver lines and I don't notice them. My friends their stretch marks have come in the last couple of weeks so I'm still expecting some. And the baby hasn't dropped for me yet so they might come when it does. 

• I was the same Natalie,  felt more relaxed once we got home and feeding settled down a bit as a result. 

Hadepop I went out 5 days after c section but took it very easy.  I felt very protective of myself and walked very slowly hanging onto the pram and Craig. I've listened to advice about resting and been very happy to take time to recover and hoping it'll pay of. Really happy how breastfeeding is going.  I'm just feeding on demand which was hourly day and night for the first week. But happy to report it's now 2hourly which means I can nod off between feeds. Happy days 😀

• sounds like things are going well sunny! How long does each feed take if you don't mind sharing? I went to a binding session and was told about 10 mins but my friend was told up to 45 mins 

• I don't mind you asking at all Gaeaf!  Elliott takes varying times to feed. Think it depends on the time of day/how hungry he is. To start with (first few days)  he took ages to latch on correctly but actual feed took 5-10 mins each side. Over the coming days he was increasingly quicker to latch on and feeding for around 10mins each side. Now his current plan is feed 2hourly,  latching on easily and taking anything between 20-40 mins depending if he's satisfied with one boobie.or if he wants a second.  I usually burp him after first side and if he's still bobbling about on my shoulder I'll offer him a second!  There are no hard and fast rules of what to do and when to do it and it's good to let baby tell you what they want to suit their needs.xx 

• Thanks Sunny its so good to have honest reporting/opinion on all these things x

• Hi everyone,

Haven't been on for a while so have been catching up and i see some babies have arrived!! Congratulations!!

My due date was yesterday, been having loads of signs but not come to anything yet. Here is a pic from yesterday image I am serverly fed up and uncomfortable now lol which everybody sounds the same. I have midwife for sweep on Tuesday's if baby hasn't arrived but i am staying positive he/she will. Cannot wait for all our little ones to finally arrive! Xx 

• Hi Danielle. Nice to hear from you. Hopefully you wwon't have too much longer left to wait until your baby arrives!!  😊

Yeah, think we're all getting to the Fed up stage!! It won't be long till we've all had our babies! If you haven't had baby by Tuesday hopefully the sweep will help x

How are you all anyway ladies?? Squeak how was your baby shower??

I've had a busy weekend! My friends 40th on Friday night, my panto groups Christmas party last night then we were at the Tamworth snow dome today for the winter wonderland with the kiddies. Lots of fun play in the real snow, sledging, tubing then on to a Santa show and then on to see Santa's animals! Needless to say a good day was had! We're now chilling under the blanket watching Peter rabbit 😊

• Evening ladies hope you have all had a lovely weekend. 

Nice to hear from you Danielle, your looking great and hopefully it won't be long until your meet your baby. 

Just got home from our baby shower. It's was non traditional as we had everyone there so guys, girls and kids. My mum and the kids did a fab job and have been spoilt. Here are a few pictures. My other half is a huge wasps fan hence all of the black and yellow

• Ah so glad you had a lovely time squeak! Hope you're feeling better x

• Hi ladies, 

Hope things get going for you soon Danielle - not long now x

Squeak it looks like u had a fab time x

Hope everyone has had a good weekend - most of mine has been spent chilling - noticed only one more before my induction so am planning next weekend carefully lol next week is filling up - visiting/ delivering gifts and last minute bits n bobs to sort for Xmas and baby etc, then the week after is lots of Xmas stuff at the schools before they break up on fri 18th, I'm in on sat 19th so no rest that weekend lol 

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.