Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2015 Part 4

Replies

• Options

Why are you jealous?? You have your own dynamite package waiting to go fizz bang and pop lol !!!!  It's possible anytime ladies !

You can ask for a sweep as long as you are term or past! I get mine next thurs as its my last m/w appt at 39+5 so if you are booking a 40 week apt - ask the m/w to see if its possible ( sometimes the say to wait til 41 weeks )

I have finally done my Xmas shopping ! That's it, its in, almost all wrapped and sorted - I refuse to buy more lol

Just the normal food shop to do nearer the time as I've jumped the ggun and filled the freezer with yummy puds and the food for Xmas lol

I do have some easy stuff ready to do in there too for the first few days after baby but thankfully I have my older boys to help with peeling/chopping etc so I'm well looking forward to crimbo now ! Especially the bottle of wine with my name on it ( might be drank very slowly tho !)

• Options

My sweep is booked for Monday - 40+1. I am hoping I won't need to get that far.

House is completing on Friday woo hoo finally. 

• Options

See now I feel Ill at the thought of selling up and moving ! We moved 2 yrs ago for the third time in 6 years and I swear I'm never ever doing it again !!!!

The thought of doing it while being heavily pregnant and I'm ready for resuscitation crew lol

Hats off to you who have just moved and hadepop for renovating the house while living init !!! I couldn't do it (hubby painting the hallway was bad enough lol)

• Options

I know how you feel. I am so relieved it is almost over. I think for us all most things are done. At least we are on maternity leave too. At times I thought I would have some sort of breakdown but almost there. 

And soon meet baby. Woo hoo.

And Christmas - so excited

• Options

I've got my sweep booked in a week on Monday at 40+1 if nothing happens before then. 

we moved into our house when I was 10 weeks and luckily I didn't have any sickness so could do all the painting and help moving in thank goodness. 

• Options

Hi ladies,

Sounds like everybody is getting ready for the sweeps. I've got one on Tuesday but not hopeful as last time I had 2 and neither worked. Fingers crossed though!

Does anybody else live in an area where they get nosh vouchers for breastfeeding? I'm not sure if it's just the university local to the area that'd doing it. We get £40 worth of vouchers for each time (£200 in total) if we're breastfeeding at 2 days, 10 days, 6 weeks, 3 months,and 6 months. Xx

• Options

Hi Sophie. I've never heard of breastfeeding vouchers around our way! New one to me!! How are you feeling??

Well ladies, my nesting has well and truly kicked in! I've got into every nook and cranny to get rid of cobwebs, I've wiped all my kitchen cupboards down, done a couple of loads of washing, puffed and cleaned my sofa (it's lovely and squishy now!), swept the floors, hoovered up...phew!!! I'm now sat eating a lovely bowl of pasta with my lovely Yankee candles burning away. Lovely!

Glad I've got it out of my system though 😊 got the midwife tomorrow morning then my works Christmas lunch which I'm looking forward to! Then we have my brother and sister in law coming round tomorrow night! Seeing Santa on Saturday with Joshua, so that's exciting!

• Options

Geez swanny I'm tired out just reading what you got done lol - think my nesting gets exhausted by the time beds are made, Hoover's been whipped round and the washer is on lol. Well done tho x

Not heard of any incentive s to b/f here either so maybe it's local to you ? 

Not sure what's up today, woke up with a banging headache, feel yuk and just want to curl up (I wish I could ) and sleep !! I am soo tired, almost nodded off at my in laws kitchen table at 930 this morning - had more than one nudge to keep my eyes open lol 

• Options

Afternoon, I have also been busy nesting but doing it in stages as my cold has come back and I'm feeling a bit rubbish! Also come to realise that my ocd means that I don't really have much cleaning to do.

I have had an emotional day though, had lots of helium balloons from my baby shower so decided to let two off for both my Grandads who have passed today, I wrote a message on both and sobbed my heart out while I let them go! 

• Options

Ah bless you squeak! I'm sure you're grandads will live on through pickle xxx

• Options

Aww squeak, what a lovely gesture!, I'm sure like swanny said that they will go on with pickle,  sending hugs xx

• Options

Squeak so sorry to hear that. Sending hugs xxx

• Options

Oh Squeak185, so sorry to hear this, sending our love x

• Options

Your nesting is making me feel tired swanny! I did mine last week for a few days and then went back to being tired lol!

I'm so sorry for you squeak, it's hard losing people especially during pregnancy xx

• Options

Sorry Squeak :-(

HV visit this morning was fine, luckily the student midwife was a dog lover & they were impressed with all the work we had done to the house and even asked where we got the flooring from :-)

I think my bump has dropped today, baby is still in same position though, so that is just my visual impression; is it possible if bubs is still breech?

Also have had shooting pains across my lower back a couple of times...does that mean anything? 

How is everyone else feeling?xxx

• Options

Glad the health visit was ok hadepop 😊

My bump was really low with Joshua and he was breech, but I guess each body and baby is different so who knows. When are you next at the consultant?

With regards to pains in your back, could be something, could be nothing. I think at this stage we worry and indeed hope that every pain or change is a sign baby might be on its way....I know I am so guilty of it! Try and keep an open mind....whilst some things might mean you'll meet baby sooner than you think, some might not xx

• Options

No mòre appointments...have booking in for csection on 21st and thats it! They dont even check position of baby again until right before the op when you're in the gown and everything! X

• Options

Really?!?! I'm shocked about that!! I'd have thought they'd check you regularly!

• Options

Aww cool hadepop! A little over a week til you meet your baby !!!!

My bump is really low again but baby has disengaged mostly - unless she wriggles then she's feeling so so low !!

Am still feeling yuk and still stuck with a niggly headache and now my back is in bits (it hurts so much!) Nothing has helped so far... So I'm going in the bath - hubby is on standby to help me out lol ....this should be interesting???

• Options

Hope the bath helped Busymamma! I know Swanny, & if bubs has moved at that point you get dressed & go home again! X