Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 16

Replies

• Options

Hi ladies!

Scan today and got to see my little blob and it's where it should be! Phew! Scan again in 2 weeks!

Thank you all!

MrsO1, thats great news! Xx

• Options

Sd84 .... Due date worked out from counting 40 weeks from the start of your last period :-) ....  

If u would feel better waiting maybe u should wait another week or so ... has the gp not suggested what to do? Its a hard one that one Xxxxxxx 

Yay fab news maclaine!!!!!!! Xxxxxx

• Options

That's great news maclaine, congratulations and hope you can relax a bit now. I'm analysing every little pain and twinge, it's so difficult to know what's normal! 

Cheeee - thanks that would give me a due date of 12th December. Although I wonder if short cycles makes any difference as my last few have only been 23 days so think I ovulate quite early. I think I'll hold off on contacting the IVF clinic for now and wait until I see midwife. Can't get a gp appointment for ages. Hopefully my appointment doesn't come through before 21st otherwise guess I'll have to phone them. Thanks for the advice! xx

• Options

Aww yeah id wait till u have seen the midwife too before contacting them 😊....hmmmm im not sure whether shorter cycles do effect the due date they may do? But i think thats what the 12 week dating scan is for as that will work out exactly how far gone you are ... 😊 xxx 

• Options

Hi Lindseyabbie, huge congratulations and welcome to this lovely birth club!

• Options

Welcome to all the new members, I can't believe how many people there are already, so excited for everyone image

Fantastic new Maclaine! Bet you're so relieved image x

Sd84, I used yourduedate.com to give me a rough guide on my 3rd Jan due date, it's really helpful and gives loads of information. The NHS have a similar one, but there's not so much info. Obviously the dating scan is the definite one, but this site helped set my mind at rest and gave me a rough date to aim for, it also takes into account your cycle length. My due date of 3rd Dec is based on a 4/5 day period in Feb then 40 weeks after my period according to both yourduedate.com and the NHS one. x

• Options

Thanks, it still says 12th December so guess that's a good enough estimate! I'm really struggling to concentrate at work, really need to find a way to stop thinking about pregnancy constantly! My husband is so good at switching things off and doesn't want to talk about it until we get to 12weeks. I can't help but be excited even though I know it's not guaranteed xx

• Options

Hi everyone

Congratulations to all who have recently joined on here, I've been to see my GP today and she confirmed my pregnancy and is sending me for a scan in 2/3wks time and I've got to make an appointment to book-in with the midwives, because of my age there's a 1 in 4 risk of miscarriage unfortunately so she wants me to be seen quickly to get a thorough check up.

Its so hard atm we're not telling anyone until after my scan and its still all abit surreal (apart from the nausea and constantly going to the loo) I honestly didn't think I would be pregnant at 44!!!!

xx

• Options

Hi all, really excited and apprehensive with estimated due date 8/12. I did a test a week early due to feeling really nauseous on our boat, thought at first it was because we hadn't been on it in ages. But to my delight a strong line appeared, couldn't believe it as it was a week earlier than I should have tested. Bought a clear blue digital the next day to see 3wks+ pregnant?? So I don't know if I'm more than I thought I was or my levels were high. Anyone else had this? I am so excited but in December I had a miscarriage and in January I had d&c to remove, so it's been emotional and my husband is really nervous, so his way is to ignore it's happening. This is what we both want so much and we are really lucky to already have a four year old boy. Sorry it's long x

• Options

Hi hannal, so many congratulations and welcome to both MadeForMums and the Dec Birth Club. We're really sorry to hear of your loss, it can be so hard to relax into pregnancy having suffered a miscarriage, can't it?

• Options

Hi DanielleMFM, thank you. Yes it's all about looking forwards and being positive. If all plans out it will be my sons best Christmas present, as he has been telling people he's having a brother and sister for a number of months now!! i can't wait to see everyone's progress on here especially when everything is so secret and you need to speak to someone.

• Options

Hi All, it's great to see how much support you all have for each other.  I've just found out I'm pregnant, I already have a 8 year old but can't remember my early stages of pregnancy with him.. I've been getting a lot of back ache, tummy cramps and lots of wind (sorry) Has anyone else experienced this? I'm feeling good a bit nervous as I had 2  miscarriages before my son and this is my first pregnancy since having him.  Waiting for an early scan, I really hope all is fine ..

• Options

Hi baby number 2, congratulations. How far along do you think you are? I'm about 4-5 weeks and have also been having lots of cramps and wind. I'm also really cold during the day with the odd hot flush is this normal? i thought i'd be hot all the time not cold. I'm also struggling to sleep and keep waking up in the middle of the night and then can't get back to sleep.

i hope everyone else is doing ok xx

• Options

Hi girls I think I got a BFP this morning??! imageimage

• Options

Hi baby number 2, welcome and huge congratulations on your pregnancy! We're sorry to hear of your loss, but are wishing you a super sticky bean.

Hi Maria x, welcome to MadeForMums - are you cautiously stepping in to the Dec Birth Club? Let's see what everyone has to say about your tests... (we're not allowed to comment on pregnancy tests, though we're welcoming you here with open arms image!)

• Options

Hello everyone, I did a test 3 days ago and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant. I have my first doctor's appointment today. The news has been tainted sadly by my partner of 3yrs leaving me the day after we found out. The baby wasn't ''planned'' but we haven't been using any protection for the last 2 years, we were leaving it up to fate. Now it seems he can't accept that fate. I feel so alone, I haven't even told my Mum or family yet in case he sees sense and comes back to me. I'm 31 and he's 46. I guess he's totally freaking out. I'm devastated he's abandoned me in my time of need. His reaction has been a complete surprise. I never imagined he would prefer me to have a termination. It's heartbreaking. Sorry to be depressing, I want this to be a happy and exciting time. Trying so hard to stay strong for my little one. I'm worried the stress will cause harm to my baby?

• Options

Aww thank you twirleygirley23 thanku cheeee x I think I'm due 5th of December? my last period was 28th of Feb and my last cycle was 29 days? Got my appointment with the Dr this Saturday so exciting just hope everything goes ok xx

• Options

DanielleFMF thankyouuu babe! Cbella aww I really feel for you when I first found out and told my boyfriend he wasn't happy I mean he wasn't upset but he wasn't exactly happy which hurt me because I was SO happy as this is my first baby I no how it feels! He said he would of rather have waited we wasn't using protection but we haven't been for a long time I have pcos so I didn't think I would fall pregnant I honestly thought I couldn't get pregnant when I found out I was Shocked! it must of been my dramatic diet change! But anyway he's starting to come around now and be more happy about it so hopefully your partner will too. I really hope he does if you ever need a chat can just message on hear I hope things work out for you! lots of hugs xxx

• Options

Thank u SD84 for your message.  I'm 4 weeks and 4 days.  My body feels so drained, my body is aching and I'm so tired.  I don't remember feeling this way with my son.  I haven't noticed feeling hot but your body is working hard so this might be causing it.  I'm waiting for a early scan, so fingers crossed everything will be okay for me.  I'm finding it hard to sleep at night to, keep needing the toilet and I can't get comfy.  Have you talked to your GP about your symptoms?