Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 16

Replies

• Hi Cbella, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations! We're so sorry to hear of the hard time you're having at the moment, especially at this otherwise exciting time of just discovering you're pregnant, but we hope you find lots of love and support here - there are quite a few single mums on MFM and somehow they make it work, even if it is hard work! Have you got any family and friends you can lean on at this time too?

• Thanks Lindsey, your words give me strength. It's only early days and I'm sure he's freaking out. I guess all I can do is hope he sees sense and comes back to us. If not I'm going to do this alone, with the support of my friends and family. It's not how I pictured it happening but then life rarely is, is it! I'm glad your partner is coming round. I wish you the happiest and healthiest of pregnancies! I'm so excited and scared all at once! xx

• Not a happy bunny today.  Had a dull ache on my lower right abdomen for three days now.  Phoned the midwife team and they suggested a call GP just to be on the safe side. So, off to see the nurse practitioner later this afternoon :-( xx

• Hi ladies,

Went for another scan today, and  sac and yolk sac can be seen. They have booked me in again in 2 weeks time for another scan to check all is still ok.

TwirleyGirly- I have had a dull pain in my right abdomen area for about 2 weeks now, nowhere else, just my right side. They didn't seem worried at all today and said it should be ok as log as I did not get any bleeding or severe pain. I do have some fluid that has gathered on my pelvis which they think may be causing the pain. I found that a hot water bottle and a bath eased the pain a bit. Hope you feel better soon

xxx

• Baby number 2 - when I phoned gp surgery they just booked me into see the midwife but that's not until 21st April so haven't got anyone to ask questions to. I'm questioning everything as have no idea what symptoms are normal and so anxious for this to work as know it's unlikely we'll conceive naturally again. I can't stop thinking about it and don't know how I'm going to get through the next 8 weeks waiting for my first scan. I wish I'd found out a bit later down the line!

Cbella - congratulations! Sorry to hear your news and really hope things change for you soon and maybe it is just shock for your partner about being a dad. Don't give up hope. 

Twirleygirley - fingers crossed it's all ok. I'm sure it's just a precaution and nothing to worry about. Hope you get your concerns answered and reassured by the gp xx

• Thank you Sd84. I really hope that's the case! Good luck with everything. 

• Sorry for the multiple messages! Haven't got the hang of this yet!

Thanks Danielle, I'm trying to focus on how exciting the news is rather than feeling sad that my partner has gone. I'm desperate to tell my Mum and sisters, and my brother and his wife as they have 2 young boys and are so eager for me to have children, but I don't want them to think badly of my partner for freaking out just yet. I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and let him have a few days grace to get his head straight and let it sink in.. If he decides he doesn't want to come back to us then I'll tell them.. I didn't want to destroy their image of him until I knew what his final decision was. I'm lucky to have the most amazing best friend, she's always been there for me and is coming to see the doctor with me later today. She's has been at the other end of the phone whenever I've needed her. Such an emotional roller coaster! This site has already proven to be a lifeline for me. Thanks so much ladies x

• Hi everyone

It is reassuring to read about the symptoms some of you are experiencing as I am experiencing the same and as its 15yrs since I was last in this position I can't remember how I felt before!!

Cramps, aches & pains in my abdomen and lower back, wind but burping a lot not the other lol restless at night and waking up a lot. So many questions yet I've seen my gp and I'm.not seeing the midwife until 3rd May and waiting for a scan date.

Cbella.........congratulations on your news and I am so sorry to hear that your partner isn't around for you atm, although I am with my partner we have only been together 1yr and 2 of my children aren't keen on him......hence I've not told them yet, well we've not told anyone yet it is making me feel very isolated so I am getting a lot from this forum, you & your baby are what's important now......do you have a close friend or family member who you can trust & confide in? 

xx

• Hi everyone,

I cannot shake this cold off, not having any major symptoms at 5 weeks and 4 days that can't be linked to the cold. Getting very nervous for my scan next Tuesday now. 

Does anyone do slimming world at all? I started doing it to lose weight to conceive and I found it really good. Apparently you can do it all throughout your pregnancy too to limit the weight gain (think it's the only one that midwives support).

Cbella, I'm so sorry to hear that your partner isn't being fully supportive at the moment. Like some of the other members said, perhaps he just needs some time to adjust to the news. I had a friend whose partner called their unborn baby a name which left no doubt as to his opinion of it (and it wasn't nice!), but as soon as the bump started showing he totally changed his thinking and now he is a very loving father and supportive partner.

Hope that everyone is well and looking forward to the coming weeks / months - how slow do these early weeks go?!

xx

• Definitely positive now ☺️  

Ladies this his is my second baby and I'm cramping too. So much so that I thought AF was on her way. I had this last time with my little girl too. Just everything stretching and moving about. I am a bit concerned though as I was convinced I wasn't pregnant this time and I've had a hot water bottle on my belly to help soothe what I thought were period pains. Daft question but you don't think I've done any harm, do you? I know you're not supposed to have hot baths etc image

• Hi Maria X

I don't know 100% but I would say it's a little early to do that much damage, does anyone else know otherwise?

I hope not because on my wedding ann. (22nd March) I did a test and it was negative, so went to a spa with hub, drank and sat in hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms all day! BFP 2 days  later! x

• My name is Courtney  I just got my BFP a few days ago which is sl exciting. My husband and I have had two early miscarriages this year. One that was too early to tell the gender (Echo) and our precious daughter (Mia). We are hoping to have our lucky number three here with us by Christmas :)

• Hello Caking, so sorry to hear of your loss, but wonderful news you about your BFP. We're wishing you a happy and healthy 9months and wishing you the stickiest of beans.

• Hi all never been on a pregnancy forum before so do excuse if I'm a bit slow with it all. I have just had my first bfp this morning it's my 4th baby and I'm so excited/ nervous im gonna be a mum of 4🙈 . Congratulations to everyone else and there bfp. my edd is 20th December so still have a long way to go until any appointments or anything so am thinking I can drive you guys mad with all my questions and baby talk for now😂

• Hi Emmababy4

Congratulations on your BFP, I think a lot of us here are relative newbies too, so don't worry. 

x

• Welcome to our new ladies :-)

Just an update on my achy right side... Had a scan and our blob is in the right place with a nice heartbeat :-D Can't begin to explain the relief! The pain is coming from a bleeding cyst on my ovary. They've assured me it's quite common and it should sort itself out. Phew!!

Thanks for all your advice, you all made me much calmer xx

• Well that's great news twirleygirley23! You must be thrilled and relieved! x

• Hi twirleygirley23,

Great news! Thats really exciting!! Xx

• Hiya Emmababy4, welcome to MadeForMums and huge congratulations! Don't worry about being a forum newbie - we'll all hold your hand!

• Good afternoon ladies, 

Congratulations on all the bfp!!! 

I got mine on Sunday after a miscarriage at the beginning of march. Had bloods done and hcg has gone from 59 to 142 in 2 days so nurse is happy with that. I'm probably only just 4 weeks so very anxious time at the moment..... image