Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2016

Due in December 16

Replies

• Hi. Ladies am also due to have my first baby in December am so excited!

• Hi Claz83, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but so glad to hear your good news! Welcome to December 16 Birth Club, lovely to have you here.

Hi meesola, welcome to you too! Huge congrats on your BFP!

• image I've been testing every few days to see the me get darker and yesterday it was as dark  the control :) 

• Hiya, congrats to all due in December 2016. 

I got my BFP last week and I'm super excited about it. 

All the best to us. 

• Welcome SageRoyal! Huge congratulations to you, will this be your first?

No denying those lines Caking! You gotta love those big blue positives!

• Hi Everyone, hope you are all ok. We have been TTC for 4 months and on Saturday I got a BFP with clearnlue digital saying 1-2 weeks. Now I have suffered with miscarriages  the past and am a little anxious and wondering if I need to do more than one test.

Do you think I need to do more tests or is it safe to say I'm pregnant and just keep those fingers crossed I don't miscarry?

thanks, Laura X

• Hi Laura,

huge congratulations ??????  

I don't think you need to buy any more tests, they are expensive and a BFP means you are pregnant. 

im sorry to hear that you have had miscarriages in the past. Fingers crossed you will be OK this time. 

• I got my bfp yesterday - 9/4/16 

Quite excited, new to this forum too.

• Congratulations on all ur bfp's.

Smith123- I have also had a miscarriage recently I was 5 weeks 3 days, 6th march this year and I've been lucky to be caught so quickly... As soon as I found out I rang Epu and had blood tests done. They were 59 on Tuesday last week and increased to 142 on Thursday. I'm booked in for a scan on the 18th... I'm actually thinking of ringing them this week to see if they will do more bloods this week. I'm so worried and anxious that it's going to happen again. 

• Congratulations and welcome to all the new ladies. 

The waiting is driving me crazy already as so worried something's going to happen and the baby won't be ok. It's helpful to talk to others as we're not telling anyone until 12 weeks and my husband doesn't want to talk about it until that point. He keeps saying 'you're not pregnant until we see that 12 week scan'. I told him this week that's really unhelpful and we need to think positively xx

• Morning everyone. And lovely to see so many of you in our Due in December Birth Club already!

I'm just popping by to let you know that we've edited a few people's recent posts (Sugarlumps, Sd84, Claz83, Maria x) where you've mentioned a Facebook group. Sorry if that sounds a bit fierce but, like most other parenting forums, we don't really allow folks to use our forum to set up Facebook groups.

Obviously, we wouldn't dream of saying you can't join a Facebook group (and we couldn't stop you even if we wanted to!). But we do draw the line at actually posting on MFM Birth Club threads about them, and encouraging other users to join.

As we're sure you understand, we love having you all here, posting on MFM and supporting each other through your pregnancies. We don't want you to go anywhere else!

And, truth be told, if you were you all do that now (PLEASE DON'T!), anyone new who tipped up here, looking for friendship and support from others who are due in December would feel a bit like Billy No Mates – which would be such a shame, as the Due in clubs are the life and soul of this place.

If it helps any [persuasive smile], we should tell you that we regularly offer little pregnancy or baby treats to those who keep posting in our Birth Clubs and our Baby Clubs  – if you have a look through other Clubs, you'll see we've been sending out stretchmark creams, baby leggings and hats – and all sorts of other lovely stuff. Please hang tight and watch this space: won't be long till it's your turn! MadeForMums really is the place to stay, honest.

• Morning Helen, sorry I never thought of it that way. 

• Aw, bless you for understanding Claz83 - and no need to apologise, honestly.

Not long till your scan now, is it? Hope you're hanging in there OK - it can feel like SUCH a long wait, can't it?

• Oh that's a shame, do you know where we could advertise it? I find it hard to keep track of posts on forum threads, it's a secret group, so it can't be searched for. 

I understand where you're coming from though x

• Thanks for your post and your understanding, Sugarlumps (we've just mailed you actually, as we wanted to let you know personally about this).

Do you mind if I ask why you find it hard to keep track of the posts here? Do you have the email notifications switched on (so you get alerted when someone else posts)? We're always happy to look at changing things to make it easier to post here.

• Hi Helen. It's a week today, just spoken to Epu and the reason I'm not due for bloods this week is because they are happy with my results. Apparently women can become fixated on the hcg levels then worry when it's not doubling etc... Fingers crossed 

• Hope the days pass quickly, Claz83 (and OF COURSE we get fixated - ha ha! - it's pretty hard not to, isn't it?) 

• I'm having my 6 week 3 day scan tomorrow (under the fertility clinic, not the GP), getting increasingly nervous now. Wish I could just fast forward 24 hours. 

I'll let you all know what the outcome is. 

Hope everyone is well. I don't know about you but my boobs feel like they're made of lead atm! x

• Helen, usually on forums, you can make the for specific things, but I feel things get lost using this forum. I was signed up with my previous pregnancy under a different UN, and got lost, sounds a facebook group that I've now been part of for 2 years and nothing gets missed or ignored. X

• Ok, that's interesting, Sugarlumps. I wonder if we had our Birth Clubs running so well when you signed up last time? We've tried to make our Due in clubs much more 'group-y' than they were previously - with one long-running thread for each Birth Club, rather than lots of different threads that can sometimes go unanswered.

And we've found they've been working really well, actually - so much so that we've got 7 Baby clubs now, where we've 'graduated' Birth Club folks who've had their babies but still want to keep chatting and sharing (hurray!)

Just by way of example (and, frankly, ANY excuse for a cute baby pic!), here's a pic that emsypops shared in our March Babies club just recently of her baby Aurora with a Lamaze toy we arranged for her (and the others in that Club) to be sent as a 'yay, you've had your baby!' gift.

Am I persuading you to stick around for a bit, Sugarlumps, and give us a whirl? I do hope so...