Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 16

Replies

• Good luck MrsO1, I really hope it's reassuring and will be thinking of you. I'm considering paying for an early private scan to hope for some reassurance. i haven't got very many symptoms yet apart from being hot/cold all the time, being really tired in the day and sore nipples! I wish I could know what was going on inside. There are so many miscarriage stories that I'm really scared the sames going to happen to me. It's taken me so long to get pregnant so I completely understand your anxiety xx

• Thanks Claz83, good to hear you've been successful this time and fingers crossed I'll be able to share you joy too :) I've managed to get in with my GP this afternoon so will see what they say/do. I've been getting a few cramps in my abdomen overnight so am stating to really worry something is wrong but keeping fingers and toes crossed that all will be ok!! 

Regarding the chats around this forum page I have to admit as a new mum to be im finding it really useful and nice having fellow mums to be to chat too. We're not looking to tell family and friends until we are sure baby is save and developing well so maybe the 3 month mark so having other people to chat to on here and share stories is really nice and comforting for me. Xx

• Good luck Mrs01.

• Thanks Sd84, we've been trying for what seems like forever too, I think I'm still in shock at seeing my BFP! It's not really sunk in. I think I'm in self preservation mode until we get the OK at the 12 week scan. 

I hope that you get the reassurance too some how. 

Smith123, last week I had a lot of cramps and sharp pains in my tummy which really worried me, but so far so good. A quick google (I know, I know!) reassured me into thinking that it's normal x

• Thanks Smith123 :) x

• smith123 I had what felt like period pain for a week or so then a sharp stab pain. But everything so far is OK I think. Only symptoms I have are really sore heavy boobs and nipples are tender, visiting the bathroom and also I'm hungry!!!!! 

When I had bloods done she said I was only about 3 weeks so found out pretty early so today/ tomorrow I should be around 4 weeks. 

• we must be fairly similar on dates then claz83 as I worked out I'm 4 weeks and 3 days today going off the calculations on the Internet. I've not had too many symptoms which is why I'm worried. I've been peeing loads and had a bit of an odd taste in my mouth and a little nausea but not actually sick. I've got some back and abdomen pain like period pain but other than that no other symptoms. I'm just hoping the doc can confirm all is ok so far.....fingers crossed!!!

exciting but worrying times for us all by the sounds of it, never realised how worrying these first few weeks would be!! 

• Smith123 I'm guessing im about 4 weeks 2 days so very close. Not100% as never had a period after miscarriage. Think I got caught around Easter... 

Symptoms don't usually kick in till 6 weeks I think... Fingers crossed hun 

• I guess I should be a little grateful for having no symptoms yet as I know they can be horrendous and sure they'll hit me like a ton of bricks soon! Ha ha. I'm booked in to the midwife next week to get booked on for an early scan given my miscarriages in the past so another waiting game for me.

Did take another test though and showing pregnant 2-3 weeks per clear blue digi so I'm going to try and relax and just keep my fingers crossed all stays well with baby :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too. 

• After a year of ttc finally got my bfp last week! So excited but super anxious. 

• Booked my dr appt for Wednesday couldn't wait any longer. I think I will be 6 weeks by then going by dates. Trying to hide the excitement but not be too anxious at the same time. I love this thread image

• Welcome to the club SoSweet109, lovely to have you here! And huge congrats on your wonderful BFP!

Well done hannal, let us know how you get on won't you?

• Congratulations sosweet109 and hannal!

Does anyone know if it is safe to fly in these early stages? I'm due in Ireland for a weekend (from UK so only 40 min flight) and Spain in may (couple hours flight) but not sure if its save to travel.

Can anyone advise? Thanks

• Hi smith123 I'm due to fly to Greece on the 1st may for a week and my airline says it's fine upto 36 weeks for single and 32 for multiples. 

Congratulations on all new bfp's 

• Thank you! Ooh Greece....i am jealous! 

• Hi Ladies,

Congratulations to all the new members! 

I was taken into hospital on Friday as I was vommiting constantly For 3 days, Given 2 drips and an anti sickness jab. They said I have hyperemesis gravidarum and it could last the whole of the pregnancy! I am about 7 weeks at the moment, there is a chance it will go at 14 weeks. 

I am currently in bed with no energy whatsoever to get out apart from to go vommit. Anybody had this before? Know any useful tips? 

Thank you 🙂

• Hi Louisenewal, that sounds awful - how terrible for you. We thought you might find these threads and articles helpful - we really hope so.

Here's a thread about how others have coped with HG.
    And here's one of our articles about it too.

• Hi!
    We just thought we’d let you know what’s going on, on the forum today.

We’ve noticed some of the women in our birth clubs are really suffering with nausea and sickness. Got any advice? That thread IS HERE.

Also, do you have any tips on how to scrimp on your weekly food shop? We’re talking about that OVER HERE.

And finally, if you have children in nursery or soon heading there, you might be interested in giving the Government feedback on how they should run their free nursery hours… we have a thread about that OVER HERE.

• So I finally had my 6 week scan and there were 2 surprises, I'm actually measuring at 6W1D, not 6W5D, so due date is approx 7th Dec. 

However, that's not important as baby is looking well and we saw the heart beat!! Such a miracle. The other surprise was that there are two sacs! One (the bottom one) is fine, but the top one they can't find the fetal pole or heartbeat. Apparently there are two ways it will go - It may appear soon and it's too early for that one just now, or it won't develop and it would be a miscarriage if it was the only one in there.

I cannot believe it, we never wanted twins and I nearly hit the roof when the sonographer said there were two sacs, but now I kinda want two. 

Having another scan in 2 weeks to check on the top one's progress and to make sure the bottom one is still going strong. 

x

imageimage