Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in December 2016 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Hello everyone!

Well, it's very nearly December, and we know we have had three births already (one set of twins) and some babies on the way very soon, so we've created this special thread for your birth announcements.

Please use it to tell us all about your labour and birth, and your first moments with your newborn – and we'll come and shower you with congratulations!

Good luck everyone! We can't wait to hear all about your baby's first few moments!

Replies

• Hello, this is my (long) story...

Charlotte Evelyn was born on Thursday 1st December 2016 at 19.42 weighing 8lb 13oz. She looks exactly like her proud Daddy and is just perfect.

I went in to hospital to be induced on Tuesday and we were discharged on Saturday afternoon. The 24 hr pessary didn't work at all, just period cramps but no dilation, then I had a 6 hr gel which did nothing in the 6 hours but worked in 9hrs. I didn't sleep at all on Wednesday night because of period type pain which I used a hot water bottle  to sooth a little, but I thought nothing was happening because of the previous experience. At 2am I went to the loo and there was a little blood but it soon stopped. At 2.30am I felt an almighty pop and my waters broke all over the ward! The pain went from virtually nothing to quite something so I went in the bath because labour suite weren't ready for me and that helped loads. At 7am I went to labour suite and my husband was finally let in to see me. I was then told I'd need the drip and my water birth was out of the question, so my hard fought for plan went out of the window. The pain was very intense very quickly so I tried gas and air which after 2 puffs made me wretch - how anyone uses this is beyond me, it's nasty stuff. I had a diamorphine shot which was the best thing ever! I dilated 4cm in under 3 hours (from 3-7cm) then the last bit went so quickly. The pressure was the thing that took me by surprise and I made some rather embarrassing nature sounds when I was pushing!! I had to have forceps, a cut, internal and external stitches, but she was worth everything. The feeling afterwards is totally unbelievable. 

We had to stay in because the delivery was tough and I lost a lot of blood so had to be monitored and put on some medication. The paediatrician also picked up a heart murmur at her first assessment but she explained that this is common and that it should close on its own in 24 hours which luckily it did. I've been struggling feeding her but the midwives finally have worked out that it's because she has a tongue tie. We have to go to hospital today to see if it can be snipped or if it needs to be seen by the ENT team,  but she's taking formula so she is being fed. My milk came in last night so I'm hoping to start expressing today. 

ximage

• She's absolutely gorgeous MrsO1 and a beautiful name. Congratulations. X

• imageMy birth story is on the November thread ( can't believe Matthew & Amelia turn 1mth old this Thursday. . . where did that month go?)

Charlotte is stunning MrsO1, congratulations. X

• Here's my birth story

Henry was born 18/11/2016 2019 hours 6lbs 11oz. i was induced at 37+4 as I had preeclampsia.

I went for my routine check at the hospital on the 17/11/2016 due to preeclampsia. I got there and my blood pressure was through the roof and my kidneys were not working as they should be so the decision was made to keep me in and induce me...i was suprised as I had been having the appointments for a few weeks and I never thought being induced would actually happen. 

I was placed on the 'high risk' unit whilst the consultants decided what was going to happen. No-one could make a decision, one consultant wanted me to be induced, then the next would come on and say they wanted me in for observations for a week then induce me at 38 weeks! Eventually the night consultant came on and made the decision to induce me there and then as my blood pressure was rising still. I was given the pessery and left to sleep over night. Because I had preeclamspia I had to sleep on the delivery suite so I could hear people screaming all night long, it was very unnerving. I had cramps in the night but nothing major. I didn't sleep at all! 

A midwife came at 7 to check all the machines I was hooked up to and said that my body had reacted too well to the pessery and they needed to remove it! They did and I was 1cm dilated. I was just left to see anything else happenEd...it didn't, but I continued getting pains. I went for lunch with my partner the. When we got back the midwife said they were going to break my waters and I was moving to a delivery suite. So off we went and my waters were broken....I had LOADS of water It Didnt stop! As soon as my waters broke I had instant pain...they didnt need to give me the drip as my body went into natural labour. 1-4cm was ok....I had pracetamol and Gas and air. I got to 4cm and the midwife went to get diamorphone. However whe. She got back I was in agony! I had got on the bed for her to give me the injection...then she said I can't give you it I think this baby might come sooner rather than later! 14 minutes later I was 10cm dilated and in agony. Midwife asked my partner to push the emergancy button as babies heart beat had slowed down, it was then discovered he was back to back and stuck! The doctor cane and was adamant that I was going to theatre. They couldn't get a epidural in the needle kept bending so they wanted to take me down without any pain relief! I was adamant I was not going and still pushing...15 minutes of pushing whilst they were preparing theatre and he was out, cutest thing I have ever seen. 

I lost A lot of blood so had to be kept under observation for a while, but I was fine. 

I cannot thank everyone enough! The midwives were amazing and all soo kind. I have healed nicely now...just waiting for baby to decide he would like to sleep on a night time. 

• Thank you everyone . 

Some dramatic stories here and some very cute babies image x

• Wow CVLM, what is it with baby boys (Matthew was the reason I wound up with an emergency section...)? Henry looks like he was worth it though 😉

• Congratulations on the new arrivals!

Each baby is just gorgeous! 

i have already asked for another one 😬 X

• I said 'Never again' after my Eldest was born 😂😂😂 at least you are more positive Beth

• KazzieM I can't believe the love I have for this little boy so and feel like he needs a brother or sister to keep him company. We tried for 3 and a half years to get Theo so don't think I will be using any birth control and if it happens straight away so be it x

• Anybody had a successful induction with cervidil? Im going in tonight at midnight to attempt induction with that by dr informed me I may be sent home if no progress is made 

• Is that the pessary? If so, I'mean afraid not.  It did nothing for me. The prostin gel worked though.  

Good luck! X

• Good luck Caking - we're looking forward to hearing your news and hope you're not too stressed. 

• If that's the pessery it worked wonders for me xx

• Thank you everyone!! I'm excited and hope it works so we have little man here soon and don't have to get sent home! I'll keep you updated!

• Any news Caking? We hope you're ok and baby is on the way! 

• My contractions got so hard and close that my blood pressure shot up to 170/113 so they decided to give me the epidural and start me on pitocin now even tho  my cervix still isnt favorable. Good news is we will for sure have little man by tonight 

• Wow Caking, that sounds uncomfortable. Hopefully you won't have too much more to go through before baby arrives now. We're thinking of you. X 

• Caking its amazing to think you'll be a mummy by the end of the day! 

Good luck and let us know when he's here x

• Ive had my baby boy, on Monday :)

Sunday night I went to bed with a little tummy ache, I woke at 1am with a slight water dribble lay in bed which felt different to my usual leaking pee :) Tingling in my lower tummy every 5 min :) I waited an hour and timed them before waking my partner. I knew once he was up we would be in go go mode so wanted to make sure. I had 12 of these tummy cramps in an hour.

My labour pains started at 5min apart with my daughter too so I guess I am just a progressive laboure or I don't notice when there 20min apart x

Once I woke him up he insisted to call the hospital which I did, as I 'may' have broke my waters they insisted I go in for a check.

No rush so I got there around 3am still 5min burning sensation, they checked me and said I was defiantly starting labour but my waters hadnt broken.

i decided to go home and enjoy my own environmen. I sat on my ball watching a christmas movie to pass the time and WOW my waters broke at 7am!!! Everywhere hahaha like in the movies and thank goodness I wasn't in the shopping centre ha

We drive back to the hospital and every bump and pot hole felt like i was going to loose my womb :)

slowly we drove and the hospital and they gave us a labour room straight away. I was 3cm dilated. I walked and talked and laughter between contractions that went between 5min to 3min For the first 2 hours then 3min to 2min in the third hour. I started on the gas and air and felt it didn't take pain away but distracted my mind, 

my contractions steadily got more painful but I managed it with my partner and mum keeping me busy between contractions. I needed them mentally as physically I went though the pain alone doing mini dances 'not attractive one' and using gas and air.

by 9.30 my contractions were fast and painful every 30 seconds, I knew we were close to the end as my pain tolerance was being tested to its maximum and I remembered before that this point I was asking for drugs to stop the pain. Ouch!! but I also remembered this was the transition stage and he really was ready any moment :)

I felt as tho i needed to use the bathroom and started the grunting noises :) it was time to push!!

I listened to my body and the midwives and squose my partners hand.. 3 pushes and my baby Ethan was out and on my chest :) he breast fed straight away and we had skin on skin for an hour, in which time my placented was removed and I got stitches for an internal tear.

He was 8lb and all is happy healthy and well, 

My advice for afterwards i if your breastfeeding take the nipple cream to put on even if your nipples don't crack, it's a prevention as I was in agony 36hours later and unable to contini.e. feeding skin on skin. I've had to buy a pump until the brushing and soreness has healed, I pump, he drinks I pump he drinks haha 

Tho I did my first breast feed last night yay and will do 1 feed a day until they feel up to the 24hour job again. 

I wish you all well and remember get into the zone, try not to panic. Your not dying your in labour, we are made to do it and CAN do it!!! 

Its enevitable it will be painful but it is a day of our lives we will cherish and more than likely do again for all the rewards it brings!! You go girls!! 

Mwahimage 

• Advice please..... sorry if I sound stupid... I had a growth scan at 38+1 and they told me the baby is 9lb already... so I am due on xmas day and by my estimations of conception i am actually due on New Year's Day. I haven't been worried about labour since I got pregnant. But if I am perfectly honest I am abit worried now, that I am gonna have to push out a massive baby. i don't have big hips and god knows how big it will be by 41weeks. Has anyone had a growth scan this late on and been told thsir having a huge baby. My bump is huge though and everyone keeps asking if I am only having one? I am just hoping it's not gonna be 11lbs.... Ouch 😀