Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2017

1444546474850»

Replies

• Options

All good at my scan this morning, he is still measuring bang on the 50th centile. Next one is at 32 weeks now.

Rebecca, hope you've stopped feeling so ill now. Do you think the stress/anxiety of the work situation is making you worse? x

• Options

Hello ladies, so I've been abit run down due to tonsilitis and I started to have a strange colour discharge and lots of it, got sent to pregnancy assessment unit by my midwife a few days ago and had a swab, the midwife said there and then that it was thrush, went home with the cream and thought nothing more. Today got a phone call from PAU to say the swab has came back that I have thrush and Group B Strep. Now I have been reading about it and it's not good if the baby gets it during delivery, can cause breathing difficulties, sepsis, pneumonia, devastating to think it can cause death so of course I'm worried sick. Been on the NHS website reading about it..has anyone had this before, I know I'll have to have IV antibiotics as soon as I'm in labour, wouldn't it be best for baby to be born via c-section. I'm at the midwife next Wednesday..anyones stories would be appreciated. 

• Options

Ended up not going in to work, ended up throwing up all night and had stomach pains so got no sleep, seem as I was hoping to get signed off later in the day anyway I wasn't that bothered about going in...my partner rang up for me because they are being funny with me and u couldn't be bothered with there crap at 8:30 this morning, I could here the manager talking to him and she was being her usual Rude self!..every time I talk to her it's like she doesn't believe me and she's so patronising...my partner took the day off as he was so worried about me and baby this morning he wanted to take me to hospital...we didn't go through...I went to see the Dr and he signed me off until the 18th without question...he said I should be resting especially with the recent news of the extra fluids.

Work are being just really irritating, everyone is very pally and it's just crap because if you arnt in the circle then they just treat you like rubbish...everything was fine until I told them I was pregnant..I did all the late shifts and long shifts for them and we got on fine but since iv needed help and have been unable to do as much they just don't seem to care about accommodateing my needs...iv been told not to sit for prolonged periods or stand but if u get off the till to stretch my legs I get snotty comments like "get back to the till, nobody said you could get up" and comment from the other staff that are in the "circle" like oooooh look she's up again slacking...iv reported stuff to the union but I get refuted to the in store rep and yup she's in the dam "circle" just had enough...when I stick up for my self it's worse...they didn't talk to me about any of the maternity stuff at all so had no idea what was going on..nobody told me my qualifying period started so I wasn't intitled to maternity pay from them...when I complained that nobody told me and it's unfair they told me it's my own fault for not finding out my self? Even though I had no idea I had to.been told my hairs a mess by a manager she said laughing i look a state..I'm 25 the women make the comments are 40/50...had them whisper abour my baby saying he wasn't planned (he was)....iv stuck up for other staff who won't say anything back..literally had arguments on the shop floor with team leaders over how me and others are treated!!..I won't bore you further because there's a whole book of nasty comments and sligh digs but yea just had enough :/ 

• Options

Gemma try not to worry...they have taken note that you have group b strep and they will give you antibiotics to get rid of it they will then keep an eye on you...the main thing is they know you had it so they can do something about it, natural birth should still be fine, I'm no expert but after seeing stories online I had a look in to it and asked my midwife about it, as I know they don't ruiteenly test for group b strep, she said If I was worried she would send a test off for me so that's good, should be fine the antibiotics should sort it out, if it's something that's really getting to you I'd make an appointment to see midwife as she will tell you all the ins and outs of it and put your mind at rest but I'd say that now they know about it and treat it..you will both me fine, they wouldn't put baby at risk :) xx

• Options

What date are we all leaving for maternity leave?

I'm due 16th Dec and was going to have my last day as 03/11/2017 but the boss has asked if I would be so kind as to work until the end of November.

I've politely declined that but told him i'll work a few more weeks as someone just handed in their notice so it's manic at the moment!

• Options

I'm due same day as you Shan and my last day in the office is 24th November. I'm handing over my job role on 01/11/17 though so November shouldnt be too mad for me. I'll just be here on hand to help.

I'm working out maternity pay today and starting to panic. I'm determined to have the year off and go back to work January 2019. Just trying to work out best way to structure my money. SMP isn't great!! x

• Options

I will be skipping out of my school on 1st December - due on 30th. My colleagues have been truly amazing, and the kids are brilliant. I'm being so well looked after there, but my teaching timetable isn't great at all and I just feel myself getting more and more uncomfortable now already. 

I'm taking a year off too so I really feel the countdown is on! Xx

• Options

No maternity leave for me as I'm self employed looking after horses, so I will carry on doing that as long as I'm able. It's only an hour or so a day usually so no biggie. I have to do my own anyway.

Gemma, sorry to hear you've been unwell and now have the extra worry of the group B strep. As Rebecca said though, now they know they will take good care of both you & baby and I'm sure all will be well. I second making a midwife appt to talk it through though, just to set your mind at ease.

Rebecca, that's some serious workplace bullying. If be going back to HR about it if I were you! I realise that you most likely don't want the stress of that right now though. I'm glad the doctor has signed you off, do try to rest x

• Options

Thumper thankyou I will rest, it's such a weight off my mind knowing I don't have to deal with them :) so glad iv been signed off xx

My maternity leave starts 29th of November my due date is 30th of December...but I'm signed off till the 18th of October hoping after that they will sign me off again until the 8th of November...the 8th is the day I would have taken my 3 weeks holidays I have left then immediately after that I would take my maternity leave on the 29th of November...hope that makes some sense lol it confuses me sometimes x

• Options

Is any one else getting leg cramps...Omg the pain! Keeps happening so painfull :( x

• Options

Thank you Rebecca and thumper. I have been reading about it and glad they did give me a swab to find it as it doesn't have any symptoms and can be life threatening to baby if untreated in labour, so at least they now know, just need to make sure I get them IV antibiotics in labour. 

My maternity pay started last week, I took the earliest and will be getting it for 9 months and I'm not returning back to work, I left at the beginning of my pregnacy but thankfully I did still qualify for the maximum amount.

I would go to HR thumper or have you got a union at work you can talk to. At least you can relax now and concentrate on you and baby. Terrible people causing you stress on purpose knowing that your pregnant aswell..

• Options

Hello! We were hoping you would tell us, while you're preparing to give birth, have you read a book about it, maybe taken a hypnobirthing course, or have you done something else? Please do come and tell us how you're preparing for birth on this new thread here. 

Also, if you've not entered this sponsored discussion yet, there's a few days left before it closes and there's a £150 Amazon voucher up for grabs: just tell us on this thread here, the best advice you had from your folks. 

• Options

Gemma yea got a union but they don't seem much help...not bothering now just going to relax and concentrate on me and baby and forget about them :) xx

• Options

So today I had a full on emotional breakdown because there was no more chicken honey mustard pasta in the fridge..partner asked all concerned what was wrong and when i told him he burst out laughing 😂 looking back it's pretty funny but ye not one of my proudest moments.

I've also been having mixed emotions about baby...like I want to meet him and see him and hug him and everything but on the other hand I don't want him to leave my stomach lol...I will miss being pregnant I think and miss having him there and him kicking :( I don't want him to come out and grow up and when he's out other people can touch him and hold him and I want him all to my self :( not sure if this is a normal feeling but yea just going to put it down to not thinking straight? due to hormones, after all I did cry Over pasta today 😂 xx

• Options

Definitely blame the hormones Rebecca 😉 Hope you're feeling on more of an even keel today, it's exhausting when they're running haywire isn't it!

I'm struggling today, feeling tired and heavy. I think I might have to have an afternoon nap before collecting the children from school! Only 29 weeks today so hopefully just a bad day and not how the next 11 (or more) weeks will be 😕

• Options

Don't worry Rebecca it's just the hormones, when he's here you will miss the bump but closer to due date you'll be wanting him out as you'll be fed up and feeling a little on the big side !! 

Thumper for the past 2 weeks I have been so tired, don't know if that's because of tonsilitis or not but definitely needed more sleep, 31 weeks in 2 days..

• Options

Aww Rebecca hope your feeling better did you get your blood results back? 

Thuper ive also been so tired could nap all day on off 

I've been for my 28 week scan Tuesday she's weighing 2lb 9oz placenta is still covering cervix but they said theres still plenty of time for it to move also been put on tablets for the diabetes just picked them up today so will see if that helps doctor said I'll be induced between 38-39 weeks now so hopfully will have a healthy baby by the 18th of December I'm so excited been and got steriliser today and prep machine I love baby shopping could do it daily if I could afford it haha 

was a little worried last night had cramping pains and backache seems to have stopped today just have trouble sleeping the restless legs are back again xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well.

We've noticed that this thread is getting super-long - which is brilliant, of course! 
    But it also means it's getting harder and harder to load on some devices - and a lot fiddlier to keep up with.

So, if it's OK with you all, we're going to create a new thread, called Due in December 2017 - Part 2- which should be super-speedy and easy to load - where you can carry on your conversation.

We won't delete this thread (as if!); we'll just close it to new posts (so we don't have 2 convos going on at once!) and put up a link to the new thread so everyone knows where to head for.

Trust that all sounds OK.

New Thread Here! Don't forget to hit the green follow button! 

• Options

Honestly I’m more emotional than yesterday :( don’t know what’s going on :( 

no results on bloods and when I phone to get results they say they will call me back and then don’t :/ can’t be anything wrong or they would have phoned right away? Will find out at the appointment on the 12th anyway fingers crossed the scan shows that the fluids aren’t increasin X

super sharp pain in my groin on the right, hard to sleep or walk and it’s painful to touch :( 

lol sorry guys all I do is come here and moan x 

The new forum won’t load for me x

• Options

Hi everyone, we're locking this thread now.

New Thread Here! 

Rebecca1992, if you have trouble accessing the new thread, please drop me a PM and i'll give you an another link - hopefully should work.