Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2017

Replies

• Afternoon ladies 

congratulations on the new BFPs :-)

gemma glad to hear you ok, im still getting th spotting on and off it's not every time I go to the loo but still there occasionally :-( I hate worrying about it but just can't help it, we were trying so long I hope everything is ok 

Maybe4321 we have told a very small amount of people mainly my mum and my bestie but that's it for the time being until we are in a safer time xx

• Hi Emmy, just wanted to ease your worries I bled from day 1 until about 8 month with my first. Sometimes it was a tiny amount when I wiped other times it was bright red with tiny clots it was a stressful time and we were always getting checked at the hospital however everything was fine and she is perfect. Hopefully it will ease for you but if not sometimes it just happens and all can be OK xxx

• Hi everyone! Hope you're all ok 😊 Felt very tired at work today, mainly comes on in the afternoon, felt quite sick around lunch time too but don't know if that's just because I was hungry lol. 

Emy could you go to the docs to get the spotting checked out or maybe ask for an early scan? I'm sure you'll be fine, I think spotting and light bleeding is very common in early pregnancy because there is so much going on inside! 

Congratulations Maybe, it's my first too and I can't wait to tell people! I keep finding myself almost slipping up and saying something at work and then stopping myself as no one knows yet 🙈! 

Hope everyone has a lovely evening xx

• Hey ladies

thank you both for your kind words :-) ive had mcs before but also had bleeding with my two boys as well and everything was ok those times too, still can't help but worry though. I've made a decision to contact the EPU near me tomorrow, I'm not at home at the moment we are away at my mums in Devon. I'll give them a call anyway and explain the situation, hopefully they will see me. Hopefully they'll see me and check me over.

hope your all ok ladies, I'll let you know how I get on xx

• Fingers crossed for you emy xx

• Hey ladies 

thank you Gemma x

just to give you an update, I contacted the EPU this morning but they would not see me direct it has to be as a referal from a GP. I managed to get a appointment with a local doctor where I'm staying. He had a feel of my tummy and wanted to do an internal to see if my Cervix is open which I declind. He said if it is open I will definitely misscarry, this annoyed me a bit as when I had my bleeding with my first, my cervix was open and I did not misscarry, he's now a healthy 6 year old :-). He has made a refferal to the local EPU which I'm now seeing at 11am tomorrow. Hoping they will scan me.

hope everyone else is ok xxx

• Hopefully they will scan you yes. Hope everything will be OK.  How far along are you know, about 6 weeks is it. X

• Hope things go okay Emy, everything is crossed for you tomorrow! 

I've booked a private scan at the end of the month and been given a midwife appointment for beginning of May.. just hope things go smoothly..

• I'm 6 weeks exactly tomorrow Gemma, my emotions are all over the place to be honest, I sort of wave from thinking I'm making a fuss over nothing to thinking it will be a bad outcome. Id almost forgoten in all that time trying just how stressful and worrying time it can be. 

Hannylou that's great you've booked a private scan, I hope it wasn't to pricey! How far will you be when you go for it ? Xx

• Emy that doctor sounds less than helpful! With my bleeding I could just go to EPU it's silly that different locations have different rules. Fingers crossed you can get that scan just to ease your worries. It is so easy to panic and worry but fingers crossed everything with be perfect xx

• Hope everything goes well today emy. Fingers crossed for you x

• hi ladies,

hope everyone is feeling ok?

Just a quick one....

I keep getting pins and needles in my legs from knee down. My knees feel like there buzzing all the time - Is this normal?

tia xx

• Congratulations 😊

• Hey ladies, hope your all well.

we have seen a helpful doctor and midwife today at the EPU, they've done a scan and seen our little Dot with a nice heartbeat :-) every thing looks exactly as it should be at the moment, obviously there's no guarantees but it look good at the moment. If it gets worse I'll need to get back in contact with either them or my EPU at home. I'm so relived and hopefully the spotting will stop soon.

maybe4321 I've not heard of that as a symptom before, maybe you have a trapped nerve or something ? Have you googled it ? 

How is everyone else feeling? thank you all for your support, it's nice to come and vent a bit on here xxx

• Aw I'm really pleased for you Emy feel free to rant anytime as I know exactly what it's like and the constant worry is awful.

Maybe I don't have pins and needles but have growing pains in my thighs noticed this with my first and it's happening again I mentioned it to mid wife previously and she said it would be the increased blood supply so thatcould the explanation for you too.

I'm feeling really well at the minute just want my midwife to ring so I can get the booking appointment confirmed I think it will feel real then 😆 xx

• That's brilliant news emy, really happy everything is going good for you, bet it was huge relief 😊 

Maybe, I had pins and needles in my hand and fingers with my second on and off for the first few months, it makes sense what becky is saying about increased blood supple.

I've been really lazy today, just been lying on settee watching films eating anything I can eat straight away lol. Been offered the job I went for an interview a few weeks back,I've got to wait for my DBS to come back and in the mean time I have my training next week but haven't told them I'm pregnant, just hope they will be OK with me.

Xx

• Ah SO pleased for you Emy!! Bet you feel some relief knowing you have seen baby on the screen :) 

When I have the private scan I will be nearly 8 weeks.. it wasn't too pricey and if it reduces my anxiety it will be worth every penny!! 

Im doing okay just so bloated and tired.. hard not to look pregnant when you resemble a whale haha.

• Thanks for the info becky😊

I guess that's makes a lot of sense with increased blood flow, will try to stop over analysing everything!

I've managed to book my first midwife appt today so feel like it's beginning to feel real now!Only downside is weve got to wait until 8th may as that's the first free app to because of the bank holidays.

How many weeks will everyone be at their first midwife appt, I'll be 11weeks 😁

• Thanks ladies yes it was a massive relief, there was a few tears of joy from me :-) 

congratulations on the new job Gemma x

lol hannylou im sure you don't look like a whale, your just forming a perfect incubator. X

maybe4321, It feels like a long wait. Have you got a form to book your 12 week scan in ? when I saw the midwife she said she'll book me in for week 9 which will be around the same time as yours. It would have been week 10 but as we are away on holiday she'd rather do it before hand. 

Glad to hear your feel well Becky :-) 

morning sickness should be known as all day sickness I think, Ive started feeling sick all the time. I've not actually been sick yet but feel like I'm going to be, eating doesn't seam to be helping at the momet. We are planning on taking the kids out today to a local attraction, we have been there a few times and I usually get in a play with the kids on the drop slides and soft assult course thing. I'm hoping the kids won't be to upset that I can't do it today, they are a bit to young to understand the reasons why. 

Hope everyone has a loveply day 

• Hi everyone!

I'm a bit late to the party here. Found out on Wednesday that I am pregnant. It's my first and I'm a mixture of elated and terrified! "Due" on the 22nd December.... so near Christmas!

Lots of cramps on and off over the past few days, a small but of pain in the lower back!

With it being the bank holiday weekend i'm going to phone the doctors on Tuesday and try and get an appointment!

I'm trying to keep a low profile and i don't really want to tell anyone until I have had the 12 week scan! I've told my husband though!!! 

:)