Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017

Due in December 2017

Replies

• Hi LadyVH, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations! How did your hubby take the big news? 

• Hi ladies,

Just a quick one.....

Apologies in advance for too much info!

Has anyone experienced brown discharge in pregnanc? Friday morning i had a thread of brown discharge after going toilet upon wiping, yesterday I had some brown discharge on my pantyliner, I've also had some mild cramping but  it comes and goes.

Im 7 weeks pregnant & not due to see the midwife until 8th may, is this normal in early pregnancy or should I be going to get checked?

Tia 😊

• Congratulations Lady V welcome to the club.

Yes Maybe in my first pregnancy last year I experienced this very early on and sadly until very late on, however the good news is it was nothing to worry about everything was fine and my daughter is now 9 months tomorrow. 

One of the reasons was sex (we were banned from this) as I had a sensitive cervix another reason was the position of the placenta however I was often told this was just unexplainable. Brown is old blood and they say don't worry about this red blood is more of a concern however thankfully for me that was fine too. If worried ring your EPU as you haven't been assigned midwife yet xx

• Congrats Lady V!

least you have 8 months to get used to the idea that you'll possibly be missing your xmas dinner! Haha

sorry I've been AWOL ladies, was my OH birthday last week so we had a week away :)

hope everyone is okay xx 

• Hi ladies! Got my BFP on Sunday, confirmed it today on a CBD. Due date will be around the 28th Dec. Bit of a fail on that really, my birthday is just before Christmas and my daughter's is just after! Had my Mirena coil removed last month and we planned to wait a cycle, but *ahem* got carries away a couple of times. Still, it's only a birthday! This is #3 for us. I'm so excited 😊

• Hi ThuperRah, so many congratulations! December is going to be one helluva a busy month for you! 

• Hello everyone!

Hope you are all feeling well. December is going to be a crazy month! 

Husband is thrilled. We've been TTC for a few months now - so we are happy it happened so quickly! We are both 32 so I was thinking it would take a lot longer then it did. 

I don't know about you - but i am full of wind! Its getting quite hilarious now! I'm like a little balloon! 

I've been doing some reading (always dangerous) and have decided to make a few changes to my diet - please tell me if you think i'm being OTT. I've started to take Pregnacare tablets, switched to organic milk/yoghurt/cheese and organic fruit and veg. I've also started to buy bottled water to drink as my house is old and has lead piping (which is getting removed in 2 months time!).

Has anyone else made any changes - am I just being precious?

• I think you have to do whatever keeps you happy and relaxed in your pregnancy. Those are only small changes really, I don't think you're being OTT. 

The only thing I've done is cut the caffeine..currently have a massive headache to show for that 😭

• Congratulations Rah!

Lady, as Rah said I think whatever changes make you feel more comfortable and happy are okay.

I'm a tea addict (over 20 cups a day If I'm at home) so switched to decaf tea when I started TTC. I remember those withdrawal headaches :( Luckily they only last a couple of days I personally found

x

• Do any of you have an appetite at all? I don't feel sick, but have gone the past few days without feeling hungry or really wanting to eat.

• Thanks Laura!

Not an appetite for full meals no. The nausea has kicked in the past few days (so early, but then it was with my son!) do I've been eating little and often to keep that at bay. 

• I'm ravenous! I'm eating little and often or i'll end up the size of a bus! I'm 5wks tomorrow - so i guess you guys are a little ahead of me!

I've bought decaf tea too! I am a proper tea addict! it's the only thing that keeps me going at work! I'm going to have to sneak in my tea bags! I want to keep it quiet until the 12 weeks scan but in a staff room with a load of women i'll doubt i'll be able to keep it to myself for long!

• Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely easter! 

Congratulations to the mums-to-be who have joined since I was last here! :D

Not been on for a while because of a combination of being busy generally, extreme tiredness and constant nausea - symptoms have certainly kicked in.

I'm 5 weeks and 5 days now, had pretty bad nausea constantly for around a week now, no sickness yet though, usually gets worse in the evening. Had a terrible day on Sunday, I had a major dizzy spell when I tried to get up, room majorly spinning, and the whole day just felt like I had the WORST hangover ever (obviously not been drinking though) it was so horrible. Only started easing off late evening. Anyone had anything like that?? Was pretty scary.

Ohh, for nausea, read something about ice lollies helping?? Wow, works a treat! Tried it yesterday and it definitely got rid of the nausea for a while! Definitely recommend trying that if anyone else has it pretty bad.

First doctors appointment on Thursday, looking forward to that. :) Still really nervous/scared of something happening though.

I have NO appetite at all! No major aversions or cravings... I just don't want to eat anything which is really unlike me. I went the whole easter weekend without a single bit of chocolate (although I do have a very happy husband who got to eat my share of easter gifts lol) so that confirmed to me that I am 100% pregnant lol. 

Then apart from not eating the only think I've made an effort to do with nutrition is taking vitamins etc to make sure I'm still getting the good stuff. I'm on folic acid, vit c, vit d, zinc and omega 3 oil. Ohh cut back on coffee too, one weak cup a day now, but with a spoon of instant decaff to make it taste a bit stronger! Although I've started to go off that in the last couple of days too :/ Drinking looooads of sparkling water though for some reason, and don't like still water at all now.

Other symptoms currently - major spot breakout which I've had since I got my bfp, they just keep coming! Funny taste at back of throat (tastes like blood??), and mild headaches on and off.

Sorry that was a bit long - just feels like so much is going on! How is everyone else feeling?

• Hi Ellabelle! Not this pregnancy (yet) but with my first I used to get these awful dizzy/nausea/hot flush attacks that would come on very suddenly. The worst was in B&Q! I didn't find anything to stop them but staying well hydrated definitely helped x 

• Ohh that sounds horrible, I hope you manage to avoid them this time! Thank you for letting me know though, makes sense as I'm not great at staying hydrated! 

• I didn't get them with #2 so fingers crossed.

If you find remembering to drink an issue you can get water bottles with hours marked on them, so you drink (at least) a certain amount each hour. I know some people find them really useful x

• Aw no Ella, I've had a few dizzy spells too but nothing as bad as you.

I've got spots too :( I very rarely get spots and on Saturday I woke up and my left cheek was like OMG WOW...can't even explain the major spottage that is happening right there.

I also have a really dry mouth which is annoying me as I'm drinking as much as possible and it's still there.

I'm also a little emotional. Not all the time, but I was in Asda on Monday by myself and my trolley had a wobbly wheel and I was on the verge of tears. Not too sure if it was related to the wobbly wheel but felt like I could have just sat down and cried when I noticed it hahah

• Ergh! I had a major break out too! My chin in part face, part pizza!

Oh man - i hope these funny feelings go away soon for you guys!

• That was probably just being in Asda Laura, there and Tesco frequently make me want to cry 😜

On the subject of symptoms, my boobs are SO tender. I was cuddling my children earlier and had to get them to move their heads so they were pressing against my boobs. And when I tried to jog...AGONY! Hope that passes soon 😕 x

• WEREN'T pressing, not were pressing. *note to self, spellcheck before posting*