Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Glad he's okay Rebecca! I have pains but everything is irregular so just waiting to see if it develops or not now over the next 24 hours. They can only do an amniotic test if you're continually losing water which I'm not so gotta strap in tight and fingers crossed! 

• Glad all ok rebecca. Omg Shan how exciting!!! Keep us updated xx

• Okay so I've been up since 5am, did the washing up and made myself some toast and water as I was super hungry. A few twinge here and there but nothing big or regular.

I think hubby thinks it was a false alarm but I'm pretty sure that it was my waters breaking. It didn't feel like pee (sorry TMI) and it didn't look that way either. 

Starting to doubt myself now though but I guess only time will tell...

Did you see the midwife a Rebecca? How did you get on? 

• Hi Everyone!!! Im new on here and i have been lurking the past few days and decided to make a profile. I am 39 Weeks and 1 Day as of November 30, 2017. Today is also my oldests birthday (he turned 9) and i have 2 little girls 5YO and 2 and 1/2 YO and this pregnancy has been SOOOO different!!! With all my other children as soon as i had my first contractions THAT WAS IT! With this pregnancy im feeling what feels like menstrual cramping and have been since week 36, as soon as i hit that week it started and that also when i started losing pieces of my mucus plug and just 2-3 mornings ago at 5am i started having tightening that came every 10mins for 2 hours and now just about an hour ago i went to the bathroom and wiped and had a whole lot of white creamy discharge and now im just feeling crampy again. I swear it feels like this is my first pregnancy ever and with all this discomfort and pains ive never had with other pregnancies ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! Im just looking for comfort and to talk with others to make the time pass and find out others experiences and i know im late cause were all almost there but it would still be nice to chat especially since im all all nite every nite by myself googling everything about pregnancy. Thank you all in advance for your time and i wish you all the best of luck with delivery and may it be painless! Oh also my Due Date is December 6th, 2017 and my doctor said if i go past they wont let me go past a week so if i have to be induced she said any day after December 13th and at my 36Week check up all my doc said was baby is head down and im 1cm. With my other children i delivered 1st at 37W1D, 2nd 37W2D, and my 3rd was either rite on her Due Date or 39W3D depending on which ultrasound was more accurate, which im not sure. I would have thought id have this baby by now but nope. I have my 39 Week check up this Friday so hopefully my doc will let me know exactly what we are doing. Sorry for the long post and i also wanted to know who all has other children and when they delivered with them? I would think with the more children you have the more your body gets ready quicker because its already been through the process of delivery and they would come around the same gestation or a little sooner than 40Weeks or a little before the others. Thank you all again!!! 

• Glad you went to get checked out Rebecca, don't ever feel unsure about going as thats what they're there for 😊 

It's all kicking off then Shan, hopefully it's the start of something for you. Did midwife say to go in today to have a spectrum to see if it's waters ? I got told to wear a pad and lye down so it'll puddle and then when stand if it is it'll come out..

Hello and welcome mummyof3soon4. I could of wrote your post myself with all the symptoms your showing. This is my third and my other 2 boys my first was born at 39 weeks exactly so 1 week early, he's 16 years on the 4th December, and then other was born only 1 day early, he was due on mother's day, he will be 9 years in March. I woke with bad pains with my first that died down but got checked and I was 5cm when I got there with no pains at all at that point !! With my second never felt so much pain so fast, it was a few niggles then full on contractions, he was born 2 hours later so quick labour. 

Seen my midwife yesterday, he has moved down further so now 2/5 engaged, she is still saying any day now as lost my mucus plug and getting tightenings and cramps but I'm not paying any attention to what shes saying as 2 weeks ago she told me she would be surprised if I made it to my next appointment..and that was yesterday. 

On a brighter note I'm now in single figures till my due date 38+5 😊 9 days left...

• Hi Mommyof3soon4, welcome to the club! We're so glad you decided to jump in and join. 
    Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? And with your previous pregnancies, were you early or late giving birth? 

• Welcome Mommyof3soon4! Hope baby comes for you soon.

I'm 37 weeks today with my 3rd baby. #1 arrived at 41+4 weeks, 24 hours from first tightening. #2 arrived at 41weeks, 12 hours from first tightening. So if this one follows that pattern I'm expecting 40+3 and 6 hours start to finish 😉 I'd really like him to be early though as due date is my birthday. No sign yet though.

Home visit from midwife this afternoon, hooray. One step closer to home birth.

Shan, keep eating and sleeping as much as possible, just in case.

• Oooh Gemma, missed your comment! Potentially not long for you either then... exciting times!

Babies 😍

• Me again! Home visit done, I am now officially all signed up for my home birth. Really lovely midwife too who was totally on my wavelength. I'd love to get her for the birth, shame it's luck of the draw with that!

• image Well here she is Gracie mae came along this morning 11.34am weighing 6lb 11 and a half ounces she's just beautiful xx

• Shan yea I saw a midwife yesterday and seeing her tomorrow as well I'm hoping she's going to tell me how engaged he is as I only know he's head down, even though they told me he is fine yesterday I'm still worried today urghh :( he hadn't moved once today that iv felt x

Mummyof3soon4 welcome! Sounds like you are so close to seeing little one :D exciting!! Shan and Gemma as well Omg it's all happening now, feeling soooo real!! X

Thuper yayyyy it's all sorted, glad the plans in place :) x

Rainbow was thinking of you today wondering how you are :) how's everything holding up in hospital? Do you kmow when you will see her? Xx

• Congratulations Rainbowsunshine she's beautiful. Those scrummy squidgey arms! How are you feeling? xxx

• Congratulations rainbow wow beautiful 😊 you must be bursting with love and pride. How was your labour and how are you ? 

Yes ask tomorrow Rebecca but it should be in your notes if he is engaged. 

It's all so real now that we have the first December baby..

• Congratulations Rainbowsunshine she is gorgeous and what a lovely name. 

Definatley feeling more real now the first baby has arrived.

Hope everyone is doing well not to long to go now. 

Its my last day at work tomorrow and all the nu furniture is arriving Saturday so can get final bits organised. 

• Omg rainbow you must have posted while I was still typing, iv only just seen your post!! Omg she's beautiful wow Omg she's so cute, congratulations :D xx

• awwwwww congratulations rainbow! I hope you are both doing well! Can't wait to hear your labour story...

Crazy that we have our first December baby!! Eek- who's next?!? X 

• Enjoy your last day at work Rainbow28. And put a pic up when the furniture is all arranged!

I definitely won't be next. 3 weeks til due date so I imagine at least 4 weeks til baby time. Had a good chat with the midwife earlier about getting to 42 weeks and what the options are if you don't wish to be induced. Feel much more in control about my options now if it comes to that. When I was overdue with my 1st I very much felt like they were trying to pressure us into going down that route without good reason.

• Awh congratulations! Gracie Mae is beautiful!!

I went into the hospital to get checked at the request of the midwife as I had reduced monitoring. They didn't check me internally but did monitor me and baby. After an hour of ecg they deemed it okay for us to both go home (there were a few issues but after all the tests no cause for concern) Apparently I had 4 Braxton hicks contractions in that time but they were completely painless. So yes ladies, back to square one for me I'm afraid! 

• Reduced movement*

• Oh Shan what a disappointment for you. Glad all was ok for the monitoring though.

I seem to have developed an annoying habit of waking up for a wee around 4:30 then being awake for an hour 😩