Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• they didn't scan me but had me on the heart rate monitor for half hour yesterday and half hour this morning and was happy enough and she's still wriggling about all the time

this pregnancy has defo by far been my worse it's very true that no two pregnancys are the same I think my body's saying make this your last 😂 Xx

• That's good that she's still wiggling around, such a weight off when They wiggle so you know they are ok :) 

How you feeling today? X

My partner got carried away lol bless him..he got baby a coat but it's for 18 months 😂 but he never takes an interest in clothes so glad he found somthing he liked enough to buy for him  x

Got my scan to check the fluid levels on Thursday I'm a bit scared about going as don't know what they are going to say and what the outcome of what they find will be :/ scared about being induced early x

• Just on my way home from a few days away so having a catch up!

Sounds like a scary experience for you Rainbowsunshine, glad all ok now.

Rebecca, fingers crossed for your scan. On the positive side, even if they decide they want to induce you early, you'll get to meet your little man sooner. And you're nice and organised with all his stuff already!

My next growth scan is on Monday. Hoping he's still following his growth line but I admit to being a little anxious about it. He's certainly still got plenty of room in there considering the way he's moving around! The foot (or something) in my hip are a earlier today was most unpleasant. 

• Had midwife this morning. BP still ok, am measuring bang on for 32 weeks (32 weeks today) and because I had my other 2 children with me we listened to heartbeat 😍 Today his head was up near my ribs. I asked about when it starts to matter if they're not head down and apparently not til 36 weeks.

The best bit of news though was that IF his growth and my BP stay ok then I would still be allowed a home birth. Yay!

Good luck for your scan today Rebecca x

• Aww brillaint that you can possiable still have your home birth thuper 

hope your scan goes well today Rebecca 

not so good here just out of no where yesterday morning I started gushing again I'm totally devestated so I'm back in hospital if all stays calm I can hopefully go home tomorrow but for how long I don't know apparently if it happens again they won't let me go home anymore was so scarey I was on labour ward this time as there was a lot more had drips put in was nill by mouth and I've had the steroid injections for her lungs had a scan aswell placenta is still totally covering she now weighs 4lb so now here to praying everything stays stopped so I can go home xx

• Oh Rainbowsunshine you poor thing, that sounds so frightening 😢 Do they still not know why you're bleeding? Fingers crossed you get to go home. If they do keep you in will they induce you early or keep you going as long as possible? I assume as they've done the steroid they're considering early delivery?

Big hugs xxx

• They say it's the placenta think it's quite common for them to bleed but also really bad if the placenta starts to break away they want me ideally to get to 37 weeks but if the bleeding gets to the point they cant control it then I'd need to deliver right away xx

• Ohh gosh rainbow, I can't imagine the stress and upset your going through at the moment, hopefully everything will calm down so she can stay put a few weeks longer. Thinking of you.

Hope your scan goes well Rebecca and hopefully thumper fingers crossed then you'll be able to have your home birth after all 😊 

• Rainbow - I hope all stays calm and you can go home :( must be so worrying not knowing when you are likely to deliver. When is your actual due date again?

Rebecca - hope scan is ok - let us know.

Anyone else struggling with work? 4 weeks tomorrow seems such a long way off for me to finish. I've booked Monday off to go and get all my bits for hospital. Am I too early to be buying all this at 33 weeks? Anyone started packing thiers?

Lou xx

• Rainbowsunshine I hope your bleeding stops soon. Please do keep us all posted. Sending lots of positive vibes your way!

I have had a problem with hearing for a short while now. Had it checked. They cant see a problem and so will be sending me to the hospital for a referral as they think it may be pregnancy related to do with the extra fluids/blood you carry when pregnant.

Small one has had a growth spurt and is now measuring big. If she is at next appointment I'll need a growth scan as her daddy has type 1 diabetes.

louaneurin - I am 32 weeks + 5 and will be sorting my bag this weekend when I hit 33 weeks, just in case she makes an early appearance! I like to be prepared!

• We are due same day Shan so that makes me feel better that you are being as organised as I am lol

Hope they sort out your hearing! I haven't heard that one before. All weird and wonderful side effects with pregnancy ay! x

• Been for my scan he weighs 4 pound 10!! That's the weight they expect to see around 36 weeks I'm 30+5...the water around him has also increase but they said he's fine and he's not stressed  but they need to keep an eye on him...got to go back in 4 weeks and the consultant said if he's gotten bigger again and the fluid has increased that they will induce me so might be meeting my little guy in about 4 weeks! Scarey/exciting times! X

• Pleased to hear he is ok Rebecca, although I imagine the predicted size was a bit of a shock! That said I've known more than one person where scans have estimated a baby is going to be big then it hasn't been when born.

Amazing to think you could be meeting him in just a few weeks though 😍

Shan what is the issue you've had with your hearing? I've been finding it feels like I need to pop my ears a lot, but they won't pop so my voice is sort of echoing in my own head, if that makes sense?

I may look at my hospital bag this weekend. Although won't need it if all goes to plan *fingers crossed*

Rainbowsunshine how are you doing? I've been thinking of you x

• You could be holding him in 4 weeks Rebecca wow 😊 glad he's ok. I'm starting to feel a little impatient to be fair but we have got 6 weeks left and counting..wanting it to hurry up lol. 

I could of wrote that description myself thumper about my ears aswell, it's horrible, must be pregnancy related if 3 of us out of a handful here have got it, don't know how many ladies we have on this board mind !! 

Hope your resting and trying to stay calm rainbow. 

Had my letter for a health visitor appointment, last I knew they only came out after baby was born, must of changed, got midwife on Wednesday hoping he will be head down instead of transverse this time. 

Hope everyone's is keeping well..

• Mine is the same, I feel very clogged up in my head and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. But it's affecting me being able to hear basic conversations so I went to Specsavers as they do a free hearing test.

I'm trying to be as organised as possible as it's my first and I have no idea what to expect. I've so far packed pjs & a dressing gown, a nightgown for easy access when in labour, slippers, maternity knickers, some super night absorbant sanitary towels, nipple cream, nipple shields, breast pads and a toothbrush...

Will do baby her own bag with her own essentials and maybe a small one for dad so he can have some stuff too!

• Shan, just a little advice on the pads, I would recommend maternity pads due to them being alot softer as you may need stitches and the regular night pads will pull on them and make them feel uncomfortable. I would buy about 3 packets just to be on the safe side as you'll be wanting to change them alot. 

• Also pack a fresh set of clothing for afterwards, for when you leave hospital. Something with access if you're planning to breastfeed. Its something I forgot to put in when I had my first so I had to steal my husbands shirt 😂

• Hi thanks everyone I'm still rested up in hospital was lookimg forward to going home yesterday but had another bleed before I got out so had a full day on labour ward all settled again so hoping to go home tomorrow now although it's starting to scare me how often it's happening 

aww Rebecca he's going to be a big boy mine was 4lb at 31 and two days I think it was xx

• I'm feeling scared if im honest I think it's just because I don't know what to expect like pain wise :/ excited to meet him but scared at the same time also does this whole thing feel real? I can't imagine having a son at the end of all of this...we are all so close now though :) 

I'm feeling impatient as well think I'm just one of them people that would rather get it over with like ripping off a plaster 😂 think I'm getting more anxious and scared because I'm waiting and having to much time to think 

Iv started on my hospital bag but still need to get some bits to put in it...i say bag well..it started as a bag..now it's a medium suit case 🙈😂..it's mostly for him I don't want him to not have anything xx