Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• my changing bag came and the wet bag to go inside :) really pleased with it x

imageimage

• Hello, hope everyone is doing ok, bit quiet on here!

We went to a fireworks display last night and the loudest bangs made baby boy kick, very funny.

Sorry if this is tmi, but had to give up on sex this morning as it was just too uncomfortable 😔 not a problem I've had with my previous pregnancies, anyone else experienced the same?

• ThuperRah - TMI but yes in the same boat as you there, I’ve given up on sex a few weeks back as it’s just too uncomfterble ans to be honest I’m not really ever in the mood for it. 

I have had previous back injury where I had a few hair line fractures and now my back isn’t coping so well with this extra weight, I’ve been given back compression supports and a back support for when I’m walking but the pain is so bad! Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to reduce my chance of not experiencing back labour?? Also been given excersise to do on a birthing ball.. 

• Yea I gave up on sex a cupple of weeks ago as it's just uncomfortable takes to much effort now 😂 xx

I know how you feel sophie I had back problems starting from when I had meningitis when I was about 12..they damaged my spine when they tried to draw fluid from it, the pain is getting bad for me, my walk Is definitely a staggering waddle now because the pain is so bad! the only things I can recommend that have been helping me Is baths and hot water bottle, what's back labour? Xx

32 weeks as of yesterday, I feel like a ball and I look like a ball 😂 x 

• Phew, glad I'm not alone! It wasn't the position that was uncomfortable, but actually inside, if you get me. Hopefully it was just a today thing, will try again when I next feel like it ;-)

I really feel for you ladies with the back pain, I've had issues with mine in the past (not when pregnant) but luckily it is currently ok. I am definitely waddling now though!

Great bump pic Rebecca. I need to get hubby to take a full body one of me, as on my Facebook memories today popped up one from 5 years ago today of me at 33 weeks with my daughter, so I want a comparison one!

Finally got my whooping cough jab tomorrow, after completely forgetting the last appointment and missing it, ooops!

• Had my baby shower yesterday which was so nice!! Attached a few pics - not long to go now ladies... image

• Hi everyone, we are loving all the pics here! Great buggy choice Rebecca1992, that Silver Cross is always so popular when we test it out at The Baby Show. 

louaneurin, did you get lovely gifts at your shower? 

ThuperRah, how did the jab go?

Also, while we're here, we were hoping you would come and tell us how many weeks pregnant you were when you made your first baby purchase and what it was on this new thread. We'd love to hear from you. 

• Fab pics louaneurin, looks like a lot of fun.

Jab was fine, only a slightly dead arm!

Excuse the face, I swear my husband takes the worst pics in the world, but here is my bump today at 33+4.

• Hi everyone, we just wondered if you might help us out with something. Do you receive our Monday newsletter emails? If so, please come and share your thoughts on them, and we're offering a prize for your feedback on this thread here. 

• Great baby shower pics! It looks fantastic, hope you had a good day, did you get lots of baby prezzies? Sooo exciting! Xx

Great bump pics girls! I love seeing bump pics :D xx

I'm currently in maternity triarge, with reduced movements with the baby, been hooked up to a machine and they monitored his heart beat and mine, just waiting to see the Dr to see what they say xx 

• Eeek, hope he's ok Rebecca. Update us when you can x

• I'm back home I have to have a scan tomorrow to see if he's doing OK, they said his heart rate is ok but they want to check on him tomorrow rather than waiting for my next scan on the 23rd...I'm already there tomorrow anyway going to see the anythatist, I'm not to worried I think it will be OK it's just they think he could be stressed due to the extra water..makes me think it's probably increased again, just got to chill for now and see what tomorrow brings xx

• Glad you got to go home to your own bed, much easier to chill and sleep there! Good luck for today x

• We had lots of presents for her thank you! Just trying to find space to put it all lol. I did my first load of baby washing yesterday ready for her bag. So bizarre seeing babygrows and vests on the radiators - but lush!

Hope all is ok Rebecca - I had to go in for reduced movement as well a couple of weeks ago. As soon as they put me on the monitor she started kicking like mad!

Let us know how your scan goes.

Anyone close to finishing work now? xx

• I sort of wish I was going to be finishing "work" but I shall continue waddling around seeing to the horses until baby boy comes, then get hubby to do them for a few days. At least it is only a couple of hours a day and half of that time is my own horses so would have to do them anyway! Yesterday it felt like really hard work but today was ok again so think it was just one of those days.

When do you finish Louaneurin?

Sat here at the moment with him kicking away like mad. He still seems to have plenty of room in there to fidget about! Midwife tomorrow.

• 2 weeks Friday Thuper - countdown!!! Although I have started working a few days from home so it's a bit easier.

I can't beleive how close due dates are. It totally still hasn't sunk in that there will actually be a baby at the end of this. Getting more excited and nervous by the day. I keep thinking I could actually go into labour any day (I know it's unlikely but the possibility is there) so looking out for every sign lol xx

• Hope everyone is keeping well. Just catching up. Lovely bump photos 😊 looks like you had a great time louaneurin, great pictures. Good luck Rebecca for today, hope all is well. I've already finished, nice sitting back relaxing and getting paid, I'm not going back. 4 weeks and 3 days left and counting, both of my other boys have been early so hoping this 1 will be aswell 🤞 not to early mind lol..38 weeks and after is fine. 

• Thankyou everyone :) been to the scan and my anythatist appointment, scan showed that he's fine and the water has gone back to a normal level so that's good :) he's still on the big side and growing outside of the centile lines though, next scan on the 23rd of November...the anythatist appointment was so much more helpful than I thought it would be, they did an ultrasound of my spine as we decided together that an early epidural is my best option, so yea they said as soon as I'm in labour they will give me an epidural, they want to get it in early as they might have complications doing it later due to my bmi being higher, also if I need a c section then the epidural will already be in as they want to avoid knocking me out as the anaesthetic doesn't really agree with me, plan be if the epidural doesn't work iv forgotten what it's callwd but it's a drug that's put in my hand and everytime I squeeze the pump it will give me a dose of the drug to take the pain away from the contraction, it let's you pump it every 3 mins but hoping the epidural will work :) so feeling more relaxed now about what will happen, do they keep you in over night if you have an epidural? Anybody else had there anythatist appointment? Xx

• Rebecca, I haven't given birth with an epidural but had to have one afterwards with #1 to be stitched up as I tore up the front *shudders* either side of my *ahem* love button, and it was too sensitive for them to do it any other way. That did then mean I had to stay in overnight as it took quite a few hours for feeling to come back to my legs, and then once catheter is removed they want you to do a certain amount of wee into a cardboard dish. So classy 🤣

No anaesthetist appointment for me, haven't with my previous ones either. I wonder if it depends on what you've said you want/any previous issues.

Glad to hear little man is ok, albeit big!

Gemma you lucky thing with early babies, both my previous ones have been late! I've told this little man to be 2 weeks early but that's just wishful thinking 😂