Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

That sounds really reassuring Rebecca. I didn't know you could meet with the anaesthetist to discuss it! How did it come about? Did you just tell you midwife you definately wanted a epidural so they let you meet with the anaesthetist?

I am going to try without epidural but at the same time I'm petrified if I want one I won't be able to get one for some reason or another. It must be a nice feeling knowing you will definately get it xx

• Options

So glad little man is ok Rebecca and it sounds like your so much calmer now there's a plan in place. Thumper the tear sounds horrific, things we have to go through hey for our little 1s 😊 

I haven't had the epidural so i dont know, however I was screaming out for anything at the end but I was to far gone to have anything, the poor midwife being screamed out..give me some drugs now, throwing the gas and air across the room as it wasn't doing anything lol..

• Options

I think I'm one of the lucky ones, gas & air really works for me. It also amuses my husband as apparently I'm say some hilarious stuff while on it. My hope us to just birth on that again and to be in the water if I can be, as that really helped relax me with #2.

I'm 34 weeks today so still 6/7/8 weeks to go for me!

• Options

I want to try the water as well but open to anything - just going to go with the flow x

• Options

Louaneurin I got the appointment because my bmi is over what it should be...she explained at the start of the appointment that they see lady's that are classed as high risk so the bmi comes under that, we went through everything and decided epidural Is best for me, I asked about water birth but at the maternity hospital I'm going to they don't offer water births to women with higher bmi, I didn't ask why but I'm presuming they need to start to draw a line at a certain weight as maybe they can't get back out the pool? I'm not that big lol I could get in and out fine but suppse a line has to be drawn somewhere and because of my bmi It counts for me, I'm happy with my epidural :) XX

Haha Gemma I did laugh reading that 😂 DRUGS!!! XX

Thankyou everyone :) ❤️xx

• Options

Last night and today iv been experiencing somthing that I haven't before, iv got like a pressure pushing down the pressure feels like it's in the neck of my womb it doesn't hurt but feels so weird it's like I really need a wee for a brief moment, also feels like there's a lot of water swooshing around, sometimes I get a bit of a spazzum feeling that happens in my lower stomach/top of bikini line at the same time, I was thinking braxton hicks? But it doesn't hurt not sure if braxton hicks are supposed to hurt?.. and going from sitting to standing makes it happen more, feels very heavy now to go from sitting to standing iv got to like carry my belly to stand 😂 xx

• Options

Just been having a catch up 

glad your water level has gone back down rebecca 

love the baby shower pics 

well as for me I'm just on a completely downer I started heavy bleeding again Thursday so back to hospital it was but even worse I'm now not allowed back home till she's delivered which I think is 37 weeks they are aiming for which is still another 3 weeks away from my family one doctor has said if I bled again they will just deliver now let's hope they all do the same I'm so fed up ready for this to be over now lol xxx

• Options

Rainbow :( that sucks, I really feel for you, I hate being at the hospital, I only ever had to stay in 1 night in my life and I barely managed that, you have really had a tough pregnancy, hope it goes quickly for you hun, you be meeting baby soon either way 3 weeks! So exciting...do they know what the blood is about? Xx

• Options

OK so nappies are obviously going to be an expense so iv been comparing prices...came across these in aldi...wasn't expecting anywhere to be this cheap 99p...anyone used before? Iv got no baba to test them on just yet (obviously lol) but hoping they are good because will save us a fortune!! Thought I'd share so you can get some if you didn't know already xx

• Options

I'm really struggling I hate hospitals too I've only been in 3 days and it feels like forever it's the placenta it's still covering I live 20 mins away from hospital and there saying it's too dangerous if i hemmorage I won't make it to hospital in time had a scan on Thursday she's now 4lb 13oz placenta has though moved slightly still covering but not completely 

as for the nappies I've heard a lot of good reviews on them I have brought a couple of packs and also hope they are good will save some pennies if they are ive also heard there baby milk is good to exactly the same as the expensive one I can't remember the name of it starts with a lol xx 

• Options

Rainbowsunshine, we've just been catching up on this thread - so sorry to hear you're in hospital - does this mean that's it for you now and you're there until baby comes or are they planning an induction or section? Or is it a case of wait and see? 

• Options

As rubbish as it is your better safe than sorry, if somthing happens at least you are in the right place, fingers crossed for you that its a smooth ride for the last strength I feel so bad for you :(...at over 4 pound she's a good size so at least if she comes any day now she will be ready :)....naughty placenta!

Ooh didn't know about the aldi milk will have a look at it, I plan to breast feed but unsure if I will get any, nothing happening yet but think it kicks in after they are born? Hmm the only reason I'm doubting I will get milk is because my mum couldn't breast feed due to not getting any milk and her mum was the same..fingers crossed xx

• Options

That was supposed to say...Smooth ride for the last stretch....not strength 😂

• Options

Hi everyone, we'd love for you to come and tell us who is buying you your big baby stuff, like your pram and cot? Is it you or your parents or someone else? Please do come and tell us on this thread here. Thank you

• Options

Hi ladies, just catching up after a weekend away.

Rebecca, sounds like Braxton Hicks you'e getting yes. Although the swooshy water feeling isn't one I've ever experienced.

I didn't have an Aldi near me with my previous babies but have also heard good things about those nappies so have bought some.

I've got a lot of colostrum already but I think that's because this isn't my first... I'm sure with my first I didn't have anything until he arrived, so don't sorry yet.

Rainbowsunshine you poor thing 🙁 I hope you have a good support network around you to keep your spirits up and take the stress away by sorting out your children at home. Good to hear baby girl is at a decent weight though if she does have to come earlier than planned. x

• Options

Yes danielle there planning on c section in 3 weeks as long as everything stays settled 

luckily my mum has been brillaint and helped out with looking after the children and getting them to and from school so my partners still been able to go work think it's turned everyone's life upside down 

my mum brought me a DVD player in and the full boxset of friends hopefully that will keep me busy 

I hope your milk comes through Rebecca fingers crossed xx

• Options

Oh well done your mum, that must be such a weight off your mind. Also the bringing in stuff to keep you entertained!

I think that's one of my biggest worries, ending up with a long hospital stay. Hubby is self employed and often works abroad and both sets of parents live other side of the country. I really don't know what we would do!

• Options

Thinking about you rainbow, can't imagine what you must be feeling at the moment but your in safe hands at the hospital. 

Ohh Rebecca the pressure !! It's not a good feeling is it, mine started a few weeks back, I'm now 36+2 and sometimes I swear I'm going to wee or my waters will pop, my tummy keeps going really hard, uncomfortable and sometimes get these cramps that I can only describe as period cramps, a really bad stitch all over the bottom half of my bump, I have to sit down till they pass. Can't remember it being that bad with the other 2. I've also bought them nappies, read good reviews so we will see..

I've had the health visitor round today, she seemed nice, gave me some leaflets to read, reminded me about the little things, from what she said I'm only going to be seeing her twice once baby gets here. Next midwife appointment is on Wednesday, wonder if he's moved down abit more that's why I keep feeling the pressure and pains, he was 3/5 engaged so we will see. 

Hope everyone's ok 😊 

• Options

Rainbow, sorry to hear you're in hospital - you must be so frustrated but a positive is that you have a date to look to for little one to arrive. Hang in there.

I have my 36 week appt on Monday. At my last appointment her head was totally 'free'. I don't feel like she has moved down at all but still a way to go until due date!! They also found at my last appt I had a UTI so just finished course of anti-biotics- hoping thats cleared now.

Hope all ok - so exciting the first baby could arrive so soon!! xx

• Options

Rainbowsunshine, thank goodness you have your mum - that's a great support network you have. You must be missing your kids terribly. We've got to ask, which boxset are you watching??

Also, as December is creeping up on us, we wondered how accurate this due date list is that we have? Please do post the correct details if they are wrong and we'll fix the list...

Bethanrose24 – 8 Dec - yellow
    Gemma303 - 9th December - blue
    Louanerin - 16th Dec - pink
    Shan1 - 16th December – Pink
    ThuperRah – 21 Dec - Blue
    Rainbowsunshine - 25th December -  pink
    Rainbow28 - 27th Dec – boy
    Hannahelizabethmartin - 29th December – blue
    CarenJ85 - 30th December - yellow
    Rebecca1992 -  30th December - blue
    Sophieann08 – 1 Jan - yellowTrenacurtis
    dancingleanne