Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Awww! So exciting that ladies are starting to find out what they are having! iheartmybaby... do you have any name ideas yet for a boy? 

• Not at all iheartmybaby xx

Olivia1990 congratulations💏 let us know what your reviews are of them x

Are u feeling pink or blue? 4days til mine eek!

• For some reason we both feel it’s a girl, but our families are convinced it’s a boy! We shall see! Ahhhh so soon tam!!! What’s your gut feeling? These last few days of waiting are dragging!! 

• Congrats iheartmybaby! Be interesting to see how many girls/boys are on this thread :) I've got another 6 weeks to wait yet! 

Glad appt went well Tam, it's so lovely hearing that heartbeat x

• Thankyou it is😍

Im thinking boy..hubby thinks girl. Im eager to know as my boy has a genetic condition more prevelant in boys so eager to know but whatever will be xx

• What is making you think boy TAM? Any old wives tales that are ringing true? I love guessing with all the old wives tales! ☺️

• Sw2 I think I like the name Archie and Harry but not decided for sure yet!

This is my second and I think the old wives tales were quite true for me my last baby was a girl and I craved sweet things like fruit. My midwife told me my baby sounded like a girl before she was born too! Also a tidy bump and was awfully sick most of the way through! This time with boy craving salty foods and more spread across bump (more hippy!) And not much sickness. (So it's been true for me) 😊

• Me too SW2...what are you thinking?The heartbeat and ring theorys suggest girl, cant see the nub on my scan pic so cant guess that one. I look fat, no bump and the same as when i was pregnant with the boys! Has everyone told people now? Im bracing myself for the negativity😥

• Those are both really nice names Iheartmybaby! I really love the name Harry but annoyingly its my dads name (selfish haha) 

yeah everyone knows about it now. Why would people be negative Tam? :( xx

• Hey Ladies, Super late to the game but just had my 12w scan. I have just been placed at 11weeks so due 8th Jan but I am expecting Twins so I will be having December babies.

My 11lb02oz Chunk was born via emergency csection on Jan 12 this year, so will be having 3 under 1 all born in 2018!

I am still in shock but look forward to taking this journey with you all x

• Oh my goodness!!!!! that’s a handful and a half!!!! Congratulations though and welcome!

pram shopping was a success- was only planning on browsing but ordering an icandy peach tomorrow as they are currently selling last seasons colours at £250 off to get rid of the stock so seems too good to turn down! They will hold it in their store room until we want to pick it up later in the year so seems a good option! 

feels very real now!! X

• That’s exciting Olivia about having chosen the stroller! ☺️. Great deal too! 

Iheartnybaby... I love Archie!

Tam.. why would people be negative about it? Hopefully that’s not the case! That’s exciting that you’re thinking it might be a girl! One of each would be lovely and less for you to worry about I guess if girls don’t carry the same genetic condition as your son. Why are your cravings like? My cravings are all over the place... wanting salty stuff, cheese and meat one minute and salad and fruit the next so I’m thinking one of each in there but who knows! 

Lilxamz... welcome! Excited that there is another twin mama in the group now too!! ☺️. I’ll be 14 weeks tmw... due dec 22nd which as you say, likely means they’ll be early so probably November. How hve you been feeling so far? i have a little boy also but he is older (he’ll be 3 in September). 

• Thanks Olivia, Hey sw2, Danielle told me you were here so it made sense for me to pop in here as well. I’m going to stick in the due in jan 2019 group as well as I have been with them for the last few weeks. 

My symptoms have been really mild so far, little bit sleepy but with a 5month old it’s hard to tell what is normal tiredness at the moment. I can’t eat red meat either as i end up throwing it all back up. I find I have to always have snacks to hand otherwise I feel light headed if I go too long without food. How have you been? Did you suspect twins before your scan or was it a total surprise?

Are you going to find out the sexes of yours? I am completely torn and can’t decide.

• That’s great you’ve felt pretty good so far! I’ve been pretty sick this time around... the worst by far of any of my pregnancies! Weeks 51/2-10 were pretty much 24/7 nausea no matter what I did. Now its a bit more manageable... I’m taking vitamin b6, unison and ranitidine which is starting to help... very early morning is tough until I eat something but then for the rest f the day now, so long as I eat every couple of hours like you said, I mostly feel ok. Very tired though too! Several people joked it was twins because of how ill I felt but I just assumed that meant I was having a girl! Never thought in my wildest dreams that they would be right So it was a total shock! We found out fairly early as I had a ‘viability scan’ at 8 weeks because I’ve had miscarriages before so had some time to let it sink in... I had been a real rollercoaster of emotions! Happy and blessed but anxious about the future!. I have to leave home at 24 weeks and go stay on one of the islands with a bigger hospital and NICU until they’re born (long story!!) so I’m having to get everything ready at home before I leave. So I’ve already got The triple stroller, crib is ordered etc. 

yes!!! I can’t wait to know the sexes!! I think it’ll help me both boNd better and plan better once I know!! My friend had a genetics blood test at 10 weeks because of being older.. part of that also tells you the gender! I was eligible for it because I’m 35 but then we found out it was twins and the test isn’t accurate for twins so we have to wait until the anatomy scan! 😩. What are your reasons for and against finding out?

• Wow sounds like you have had it rough! I was really tired with my Chunk and spent 3 weeks asleep so everyone thought it would be twins, this time round people have joked about it but we never thought for a second it would be asu symptoms have been so little. 

I have a little boy so I would really really like a girl, if it’s one of each or two girls I will be very happy but if I’m being honest if it’s two boys I think I will be pretty upset. But I can’t decide if I will be better off finding out before they are born so I have a chance to prepare Or if I will be better to just deal with it when they arrive. I don’t want to have to deal with bonding issues with the twins and have an 11month old running about though so not sure which way I will be able to mentally deal with better yet x

• With that in mind i would definitely say it’s bettrr to know in advance to give yourself time to mentally prepare if you don’t get a girl that you are hoping for.

• Yes, I think that is what I am going to have to do. I know deep down I will be happy when they are born whatever the sex and the main thing is they are healthy. 

Do you know what to expect in the next appointment. I had my scan yesterday have been told twins and now am completely in the dark. I have to see the consultant in 4 weeks but thats all I know.

• I know that insofar as blood tests to check for chromomsal abnormalities in the babies this doesn’t work for twins so they have to rely mainly on scan data. 

Youll probably be consultant led, have more frequent check-ups and scans, you’ll deliver slightly earlier even if it’s a healthy pregnancy (twins are considered full term at 37 weeks). Do you know if they are identical or fraternal? Are they sharing a sac or placenta? Those types of things inform Your care a lot as twins sharing a sac and placenta need to be watched more closely for IUGR / TTTS. you’re at a higher risk of gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia so you will be monitored more closely for those things. But all in all most twin pregnancies go smoothly so don’t let the risky stuff scare you. Check out the ‘twinversity’ website and also ‘twin mama strong support group’ on Facebook... I’ve been following them for a few week and have picked up some invaluable info about things to buy, things to prepare for etc. 

• Welcome Lilxamz and congratulations on your scan news x 

• Hey girls, I'm just back from the hospital I had a scare with pregnancy, bleeding dark blood and cramps but got a scan my little one is perfect thankfully  they said it can just happen.

I got such a fright though x