Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in December 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Oh my gosh that must have been so scary glad you were able to have a scan to check everything was okay. Has the bleeding stopped now?x

• Danis18, thank you for your comment hun

The crazy thing is it didn't last very long but I just got such a fright and went to nearest hospital thankfully it stopped really quickly.

Cramps still there a little bit though,

But we saw baby kicking and punching and the little heartbeat too xx

• Hope you're ok Angel mummy, it's so scary when you think something might be wrong. Glad everything looked ok x

• Oh Angel Mummy, that must have been really scary. Glad to hear you have had a scan and everything is going well. 

Thanks for that info Sw2, I have asked to join the facebook group and having a browse of the website. I have heard there is meant to be a twin group local to me that meets up so I am going to ask a lady I know who has recently had twin girls.

I think they said non identical as i have two placentas and two sacs. Like having two single pregnancies, just at the same time.

• Londoner, yeah I got a fright but thankfully baby is perfect :) yeah it's heartbreaking to think there is something wrong.

Lilxamz, yes very scary indeed, my little one looks chubby on scan, I was so worried they were gone or something but they said it can just happen and not to panic because it wasn't bright colours or anything x

• Ok so i’m not quite sure what’s happened to me today but I just sacked my midwife 🤦‍♀️

• Haha Sweetie Pie! that is brill. Is there a particular reason you sacked her? I nearly did that last year as she gave me more anxiety attacks then was helpful. She is meant to be my midwife this time round but I will be under a consultant so wont be seeing her much. 

• angelmummy... so glad everything was ok! it is so scary when things like that happen! 

Sweetie pie... what happened?! 😂. 

Lilxamz.... thats the least risky kind of all so that’s good!!

• Sw2 thank you :) yeah I got very scared I thought I was going to lose him or her but thankfully hospital said they were perfect, moving around etc x

• Angelmummy so glad all is ok and im sorry to hear about your scarey time x

Oh dear Sweetiepie...do tell?

Happy weekend everyone. Just off to work x

• Thank you Tam10, at least my baby is OK thankfully❤️

Have a good day at work :)

X

• Sorry for keeping you all in suspense. I’m not sure if I can blame things on my hormones but basically I lost it because this is the second time in this pregnancy I have left her a message to call me and it’s been ignored. 

This first time I was around 6/7wks and was having a lot of brown discharge. I rang her everyday for about 2 wks asking for a called back but she never got in touch so I ended up taking myself to A&E. I brought this up with her at my booking in appt but she simply said she didn’t get the message as it has gone to the wrong midwife and by this time is was sent to her she has seen I had been to EPU....

Then this Monday I went to the surgury to ask for her to call me as I am exhausted. I thought it might be due to anaemia so went it to ask if she could arrange some blood tests so the results would be ready for my 16wk appt on the 28th. I spoke to the receptionist and explained what happened last time to make sure the message went to the right MW. Anyway again I waited all week and she eventually rang me at 3:55pm on friday. I missed the call by a nanosecond. I rang her straight back only for the receptionist to say the midwife has gone home and won’t be back until Tuesday. 

I know its not a huge thing but I was so frustrated I just said to the receptionist that I dont want her as my midwife, I feel she has let me down and I don’t trust her enough to look after me or my baby. I am consultant lead so only have to see her every 8wks but even thinking about her stresses me out so i’m not going to put myself through it. She had her (second) chance and she blew it so i’m out! 

• That sounds like a very good reason Sweetie Pie, Well Done. I will be doing the same. I have the same midwife that gave me anxiety attacks last time round but as I am consultant led I dont need to see her much so I am hoping that I wont be too bad. However she will be getting one chance and if she makes me feel bad or let down in any way i will refuse to see her and request a different one. 

You need to make sure you have a midwife that you are comfortable with and trust. We are going to be announcing the twins on Facebook today: 

Super excited about it now, but I have one last person to tell before I am happy to share with the world. 

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend x

• Aww! We announced publicly yesterday too lilxamz! & we also have a husky!! ☺️. We have a husky and a shiba ☺️

• Aww lovely doggies girls😍 hope everyone is excited with you on your news xx

On nights tonight then straight to gender scan in the morning...excited x

• Eek! So exciting TAM!!! Let us know the results ASAP!! ☺️

• Will do! 

You ladies do right regarding your mw's...youve got to be comfortable and happy with the mw you have x

• Oo Tam thats super exciting. Hope you manage to stay awake for it :-) 

Sw2 that is so odd both having twins and both Husky Mums! Your husky looks so chilled. How is he/she with your little man? I have to separate my two all the time as they try to snog each other! Mollie (Husky) loves him so much and just gives him kisses all the time and Chunk dives at her to give her kisses back. He has just got to the grabby stage though so I have to keep a close eye on his hands. Candy (Collie) has figured out if she puts a ball by Chunks feet when he is in his bouncer then eventually he will kick it for her image

• They both do great! Charley (husky) is 5 now and smiler chilled and gentle.., we have pics from when our toddler was little & he’s literally climbing on Charley head & Charley just sits there and takes it! 😂. At the very beginning when the baby first started to crawl and get into the dogs things he started to get a little unhappy about that and growled once or twice so we nipped that straight in the bud and did some intensive training for a a few days & all has been perfect since... we realized it wasn’t his fault but ours because we had always stopped the baby playing with the dog toys thinking that’s only fair because the dog wasn’t allowed to play with the baby toys... but actually what that taught the dog was that he was above the pecking order over the baby and that he could guard his stuff... which is not ok... but it only took a few short days of training and he has been perfect since! 

our shiba (Camilla) is only 11months old so has more energy for sure but I worked hard with her when she first came home to live with us at 5 months to establish who was boss and where her place in the order was & she responded really well... my little guy can get rough with her sometimes and she doesn’t react negatively at all... she responds to him when he gives her commands (to go to her crate, drop the ball or when she allowed to eat her food!) and loves to play fetch with him so she always try to get him to play fetch! I’m a little more concerned about how she’ll take the arrival of the twins as I have to leave home at 24 weeks and go live away until after the babies are born so I won’t be here to help train / prepare her for the babies coming so I feel like she’s at a disadvantage to Charley who we did get To do some prep work with. I’ve asked my friends who have young babies if they can come over to the house every now and then while I’m gone to show her the baby / introduce her to the sounds and smells etc but that’s not Quite the same... but it will have to do and I’ll just deal with it when I come home with the babies! Hopefully she’ll adjust fine. 

• Off to bed post nights shifts with a baby girl snuggled up inside😍😍😍 #teampink