Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in December 2019!

Replies

• Thanks Bdubbs for the kind words! I get a little overwhelmed sometimes thinking about the huge life change ahead! But I am obviously thrilled and 100% excited! Hopefully we both get to slow down a little bit before baby comes! 

Dani, my doctor said that the hospital will call me to schedule a new appointment. It’ll be the same thing, but with a 3hrs wait instead of 1. I read that the threshold is a little higher with this test, so most people pass this one as only 2-5% of women actually have gestational diabetes.. I’m also blaming not passing my 1h test on the pancakes and syrup I had for breakfast that morning! 
  • Hi all, thanks for welcoming me to the group.

@Gospel22 lovely pic :) we have our scan today. Will know in a few hours if it's a boy or a girl.  We are convinced it's a boy. We didn't find out the last time. It's make the anamoly scan more exciting rather than feeling anxious.

@billythekitty hopefully you'll get some alone time soon. As exciting as the idea of having a baby is, it can be a bit of an overwhelmingly feeling too. I know with my first I worried a lot before he was born about the work involved and what support I'd get. But it all worked out, and it will for you too X 

@bdubbs I'm in a desk job too, so I need to make a conscious effort to get up and move too. I don't have swollen ankles buy do have aore hils, I'm like an old lady when I have to get out of my chair. I'm fine once I'm up 

You've all peobablyhad this conversation already, but how are you feeling about having a December baby? At first I felt really sorry for the baby, timing wasn't great. But know I'm excited. I think it's a lovely time of year to have a baby. 
  • Hey everyone. Loved seeing all the baby chat and everyone progressing perfectly.

I don’t want to bring negative chat to the thread but also feel like if I don’t speak to someone I might go mad. Is anyone really nervous being pregnant?? I worry that everything is wrong all the time. And that the baby is going to have every medical and learning condition. I know rationally that it’s just over worry. But I feel like i’m the only pregnant person that feels like this. 
  • Hi @May89 welcome to the thread and congratulations. Sorry to hear you're worrying so much, but have to say i don't think that's unusual. 
  • Hi @May89 and welcome! Just want to reassure you that you're not alone. Every day I feel like a ticking time bomb waiting for something bad to happen. I've always been a "glass half empty" sort of girl and I am very worried always. I'm embarrassed to admit or let anyone else know just how scared and worried I am that something will be wrong with this baby. I have had some terrible dreams and because my pregnancy has been relatively easy, I just feel like something bad is coming my way to balance out the scales. I also watched some of this stupid show called "The 9 Months that Made You", I thought it was going to be informative/interesting....and it was...but I had to stop watching it because it basically focused on stories like, "If this one thing goes wrong during this one week of gestation your child could be born with XYZ problem/defect/disorder!"....*sigh* it was not a good show for someone like me to watch...sometimes oblivion is bliss.

Just know I'm right there with you and I can't wait to meet this baby in December to start ruling out some of these worries and fears and then start worrying all over again about how the rest of its life will play out and praying I'll be a good mom, haha.
  • This is exactly how I feel. I obviously wish you didn’t feel think way but i’m So glad to speak to someone that has the same thoughts I do. I also feel too stupid to tell everyone what my brain jumps too. But I do know deep down that everyone will have these thoughts at some point and it is normal. 

I think I need to accept that this life brings worry and I was naive to think I wouldn’t. You think for so long about getting pregnant that you don’t think about the feelings when you actually get pregnant xxx
  • How’s everyone doing?
    Im now 26.3 weeks! My belly has officially popped and some stranger even congratulated me on my pregnancy! I’m excited to finally be showing! 
    I am starting my doctors appointment every two weeks with the next one being on Thursday!
    I was wondering if there is another official scan before the baby comes? I’d love to see him again!
    On another note, anyone has weird symptoms?? One of mine is a swollen vagina.. it is sensitive and uncomfortable! 
  • @billythekitty I'm exactly same length along as you, baby definitely had a growth spurt recently people cant believe how much my bump has grown the past week. My appointments are every 4 weeks with my next in a couple weeks time. 

No NHS scans left unless they think you require a growth scan, I have a 4d private one booked at 29 weeks which I am super excited for. 

I definitely am swollen abit and sore like you said, my main symptom at the minute though is heartburn I struggle so badly with! 

Are you starting to get fully sorted? Xx
  • Hey everyone. Bump has definitely grown in the last few days (nearly 24 weeks) and the kicks are so different. Really strong now! Heartburn is a killer! December is starting to feel like its not that far away now! Starting to think about getting my little boys clothes out from the loft to see what we have/dont have for this one. 
  • I must start going through my
    sons clothes too and see what I need to buy for a new born. We were given a loan of baby grows and vests the last time, so I think they are the only thingsth need to pick up. This time round I want to get a next to me crib and a sling. Thinks that's everything i need/want to buy. Found oit we are having another boy, so we are sorted for clothes.
  • This may this may be TMI, but as a first timer has me a little worried. When I went to the loo this morning, there was a tiny spot of blood when I wiped, then my discharge was tinged slightly pink. Should I be calling triage midwives? I have my 28w appointment tomorrow morning.
  • JaneDCJaneDC Regular
    edited Sep 2, 2019 1:38PM
    I always think it's better to have  peace of mind. You should ring midwife. Its only a phone call. They won't mind. The advice you see everywhere is to contact them if you notice anything out of the usual for yourself. X 
  • How’s everyone doing?
    Im now 26.3 weeks! My belly has officially popped and some stranger even congratulated me on my pregnancy! I’m excited to finally be showing! 
    I am starting my doctors appointment every two weeks with the next one being on Thursday!
    I was wondering if there is another official scan before the baby comes? I’d love to see him again!
    On another note, anyone has weird symptoms?? One of mine is a swollen vagina.. it is sensitive and uncomfortable! 
    Just catching up on this thread @billythekitty and yup, I had that swelling too - it was like all the extra blood my body was making went directly 'there'. Engorged is a word that springs to mind 🙈😵
  • @DanielleMFM that's one word for it haha.

Has anyone else had any shoulder pain? I'm 27+3 and since sunday night have had really bad pain In my right shoulder. Came on suddenly on an evening so dont think it can be from sleeping wrong etc. 

Did the bad thing of googling it and it comes up with being a sign of preeclampsia, should I ring the midwife or am I worrying about nothing? Pain hasn't subsided at all has got worse and my fingertips have pins and needles. 

Hope you are all well xx
  • JaneDCJaneDC Regular
    edited Sep 4, 2019 3:20PM
    @DaniRose94 I always recommend on airing on the side of caution, and just make the phone call. No point in spending time worrying about something if it is nothing and no point in regretting not ringing if it is something. 

I had a pain in my right hand side at 12 weeks, just when I moved. Not a really a bad pain, but it was unusal for me  I thought it was nothing, but went to the go anyway, because I said I'd never forgive mmself if something was wrong, and I didn't check it out. Turns out it was my appendix. Had op that day to remove it. Everything turned out fine, and I'm so glad I went in when I did, because if i had left it till my appendix burst, who knows what would have been the outcome. 

That's why I always say people should make a call if they have anything happening to you that is out of the norm for you. 

Hope you are feeling better now x 
  • Hi everyone, how are you all getting on? 
    We do hope all is well and we'd love to hear from you. 
  • Hi all, sorry to have been quiet lately, our due in December baby made an arrival on Friday morning at 29 + 5 days, weighing 3lb 6oz. Shes absolutely incredible and doing amazing on a neonatal ward. Long way to go but she is surprising us every second. Hope everyone is doing  well xxx
  • WOW @DaniRose94we did not expect to see this post - how are you, how's your baby girl? We have so many questions! Sending big love! 

And to everyone else... Quick announcement - We're giving away free tickets to The Baby Show at Olympia in London, this 18-20 Oct. Head to Latest Discussions to win them! 

• @DaniRose94 OMGGGG!!! A MILLION CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

So glad your little girl is doing well and prayers for her continued good health and all wonderful things. So very very happy for you! What is her name?

Sending lots of love your way.

• Hi all, sorry to have been quiet lately, our due in December baby made an arrival on Friday morning at 29 + 5 days, weighing 3lb 6oz. Shes absolutely incredible and doing amazing on a neonatal ward. Long way to go but she is surprising us every second. Hope everyone is doing  well xxx

Congratulations @DaniRose94
    glad to hear your baby girl is doing well even if she made a surprise appearance! 
    Hope Mom is doing just as well too.

My baby today is throwing lots of shapes and currently suffering with what I think is carpel tunnel syndrome in my hands! Feel like a right old lady! 

Hope everyone else is doing well and coping with everything pregnancy is throwing at them. Not long to go now ladies xx