Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2019

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in December 2019!

Replies

• Every time I get any but of a twinge, I'm like, this is it! But no actually signs I'mof labour starting yet. My due date is the 14th and hoping that he sticks roughly to that date. 

My son was very sick at the weekend so I'm exhausted from minding him. He's on the mend now, but now I have a head cold! I just want to try and rest as much as possible so I'm in good shape for the big day. Dropped him to creche today, so caught up on some much needed sleep. 

Hope everyone is doing well X 
  • Hi everyone, we just wondered if there's been any more December babies? We hope you guys are hanging in there? 
  • Still here! Waiting patiently! Hope everyone else is ok? X
  • Just a quick update. Baby Casey was born on the 12th. Arrived 2 days early. All's good.

He's on antibiotics, as a precaution, because of high heart rate during labour. But he's doing great, so should be nothing to worry about.

Had a vbac with epidural. I am in awe of anyone who can go without pain relief. I'm ok, apart from being a bit sore down there. 

Anyone else have any news?
  • Congratulations @JaneDC !!
    Also still waiting here :( currently 40 + 4. Have a scheduled induction for next Tuesday although I wish it would happen naturally before then. But as long as baby is healthy I will be happy. Just a test of patience!
  • Thank you!

Fingers crossed your baby decides to come before your induction. Like you said, main thing is that you and baby healthy. But I also  understand the impatience!!! 

My labour began v quickly. Had no slow build up. First sign of what I thought might be labour about to start was my system clearing out about an hr or 2 before my contractions started. Once contractiins started, I obviously knew I was in labour!
  • Hi all
    sorry I’ve been quiet but Baby Connor arrived on 25th November.
    I was due to be induced on 24th (due to high blood pressure and larger baby concerns) but my waters broke on the morning of the 23rd.
    A bit of a traumatic labour, a queue at the hospital waiting for delivery suite, lots of antibiotics whilst waiting due to me having strep b, a failed induction, a temperature whilst in labour, epidural failed and so made the decision to go in for a emergency c section. Connor was back to back, I had a bleed and his head was bruised and elongated as he was stuck on my pelvis!
    We stayed in hospital for another 5 days due to both requiring antibiotics. Connor luckily was given the all clear after 3 days but did suffer with some jaundice.
    i also struggling with sleep deprivation! 
    Was a bit of a nightmare being in hospital!

We've been home now almost two weeks and a lot better now! 
    Just having some breastfeeding issues and going back to the hospital Tuesday to get Connor looked at for a possible tongue tie issue.

After everything we’ve been through I still can’t believe how I have made something so perfect!

• Congrats to everyone 🎉 that have had their babies , I am 37 weeks 2 days and waiting,for my little boy to come.its my first so I am really scared and exited.i have insomnia , really bad back pain and ,from the result of the test I have a Proteus mirabillis ,bacteria in my bag and I am on antibiotics.Anyone the same?
  • Oh wow! Congrats to u both! Amazing news! X
  • Hi everyone haven't been on for a while as had a complicated pregnancy but my baby was born on 27th November via induction due to gestational diabetes 
  • Congrats @Hollypops and @sharon130617boy

Sorry to hear you both had a bit of a rough time, but hopefully that's all behind you now, and that you are enjoying motherhood :)

Heres my little man. He's doing well. Still on antibiotics, but all his tests are coming back with no issues. Hoping that he can be discharged tomorrow.

I'm breastfeeding and topping up with formula. Hoping to cut out the formula once my milk comes in. I'm just too nervous not to top him up, while he's on the antibiotics. The worries of being a new mom aren't any different for me second time round!

Casey met his big brother for the first time yesterday. Big brother took we'll to the new arrival. 
  • Huge congratulations on the new arrivals! Who is due next? 
  • How is everyone getting on?

Breastfeeding is going well. Milk is coming in, so I've been cutting way back on topping up with formula. Have public health nurse calling round tomorrow, so I'm hoping his weight hasn't dropped too much. 

I put a lot of pressure on myself with my first to exclusively breastfed from the start. This time round, I've been more relaxed, and know we are on the road to exclusive. It's made a big difference mentally. 

I had an episotomy and I'm so uncomfortable!!! I can't wait for the pain to go, so I can start to feel normal again.  Someone recommended sitting on a travel pillow, so will try that today. Ive started icing the area too. If anyone has tips, please let me know .

• Hi everyone, how are you all doing? Have there been any more babies? 
  • Hello! My baby arrived December 17 at 41+1. I was going to be induced but my bag ended up rupturing with a slow leak and got admitted a bit sooner. The labor went okay. I was not dilated at all so had to have pitocin which just about killed me but I also ended up getting an epidural. I labored all night and started pushing the next morning. I pushed for 2 hours until the epidural started wearing off. I was so exhausted from pushing and the contractions were coming so hard I felt like I was never going to get babe out, then the doctor asked if I would consent to an episiotomy and all I could think was noooo, so I found one last bit of strength to push with everything I had and get the head out. Then things went kind of crazy as babe shoulders got stuck and doctor could not get babe out and had to do all these maneuvers and two nurses crawled on top of my bed and started pushing down on top and sides of my abdomen... Ugh.... It was a level of pain that transcended anything I had ever felt before. They had to call the nicu unit in because babe wasn't breathing... it was all a very shocking overwhelming and kind of traumatizing 5 minutes. Happily, the doctor got baby out and the nicu team got baby breathing and I am now the very proud mother of a 9lb 5oz, 21 inches "little" girl, Jane Carolyn. No one expected her to be so big, ha ha. They advised I have c sections in the future if I have any more babies.... I said I think I will just be getting dogs, haha. Anyway we have been very blessed and I am deeply in love with her.
    She has been a good baby and slept 7 hours last night. But lord this girl is hungry.

• Congrats @bdubbs
  • Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great christmas and new year. We finally have a baby! Ended up being a week overdue. 
    He arrived very quickly on sun 29th December at 0243am. I had a beautiful homebirth. We have called him Noah Gabriel and he was a whopping 9lb 12oz!!! 
    His big brothers Joel and Reuben love him and breastfeeding is going really well. We are very content 💙

• Congrats @Gospel22 he's a big boy! 
  • Congratulations @Gospel22 we are so pleased to hear your little boy arrived safe and sound and a home birth too, how wonderful! 

Hello everyone else here too. We wanted to let you know, as we're pretty sure all the Due in December babies have now arrived, that we have kicked you off your very own December 2019 Babies thread. We would love to see you over on the new thread, see some new pics and hear how you are getting on. 

Please do come and check it out and we hope to see you on the new thread soon. 
  • Hey how is everyone? Casey is 3 months old today. Was supposed to have his 3 month check up tomorrow, but it's cancelled because of Coronvirus. I was looking forward to it. 

Baby massage is cancelled now too. 

I'm in Ireland. Creches are closed now too, so going to have a busy few weeks with both boys on my own. Waiting to see if I'll still have to pay for creche even tho I can't send him.

Hope everyone is ok and noone is affected by the Coronavirus. If you are, please excuse my first world problems above.

Casey only woke twice last night. Will see how tonight goes. He has been sleeping  longer stretches for the first part of the night for over a week now. But that was first time in ages where he only woke a couple of times. It's been every hour for a while now . . . . 

Everything else is good with him. I'm doing good too. 

Looking forward to hearing how you all are getting on X