Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in December 2019!

Replies

• @LivyLouby I only know about blood tests because my coworker and good friend struggled with fertility issues and a couple miscarriages. She recently got a bfp after IUI and had to go in every week for blood work. Of course they tested if she was pregnant but they also ran tests to monitor her HCG and progesterone levels; if they're at a certain number you have a good start to your pregnancy and I believe they should double every week (I think?). Since she had a history of miscarriages they were making sure these numbers didn't drop and they haven't! She's on track to have a Halloween baby and I'm so happy for her. She's been through a lot of hardships. 

I love seeing how everyone's progress is matching up or spread out throughout the group. I also had irregular periods after getting off birth control so I'm looking forward to confirming progress and due date at future obgyn appointments. And I'm soooo sorry you're struggling with morning sickness. Maybe your doctor can give you advice on how to help the nausea? 

@Scooby123! 5 weeks pregnant, a broken toe and no driving/rest for 8 weeks with four kiddos?! What a predicament! I hope you heal quickly and your babes are able to help you out a bit in the meantime. You deserve some TLC.

• Quick announcement! We’ve a £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs. Just head to latest discussions to enter! 

• @bdubbs I wonder If I will need more regular test then, since I was about to start Clomid and all my previous tests came back low levels from pcos. I have been trying to eat bits throughout the day to keep the nausea at bay but will ask on Thursday if it’s still bad x
  • @bdubbs thanks Hun, my older one is pretty good just one of thoses things. Am trying to rest as much as I can and hubby can actually cook haha who knew!!
  • Anyone else finding it soooo hard to keep a secret?! Really want to tell everyone but don’t want to tempt fate! Only our parents (and my work colleague because she guessed!) know. I’ve nearly spilled to my best friends, brother and nan several times 🤭
  • @LivyLouby I am! I've only told one friend. Trying to keep it a secret til 12 weeks from everyone else - just in case! I don't quite believe it myself yet to be honest 😂
  • @Livylouby I hate this don't tell anyone business!! People comment on how tired I look!! Any one thought of fun ways to tell family friends 
  • Hi all
    I got my bfp this morning and its proving very difficult to concentrate at work! I'm only 10dpo so it was a thin but definite line on a FREER. I'll take more tests in a few days to see if it gets thicker/darker.
     @LivyLouby I completely get how you feel. My first instinct after telling hubby was to tell my best friend who is due in October but I had to give myself a pep talk about waiting til 1 month at least. I thought the 2ww was difficult but this is a 3MW! I'm going to need some help in distracting myself.
  • Oh also, as long as everything goes ok, I'll be due on 22 December! Pushing it a bit close to Christmas. I've also already booked to go away with my family on 27th December...anyone with children already what are the chances of me wanting to go spend 5 days in a Cornwall cottage with my husband, mum,dad,sister and brother in law the week after giving birth (assuming not late of course)?!
  • Congratulations @FailingToBePatient on your bfp! Depending on when you give birth , it also depends on how you feel after in yourself but if the birth goes smoothly and you feel ok to travel then you could do it. For me personally after having my kids I just wanted to be in the comfort of my own home in the days after. 
    @LivyLouby it is so hard keeping it a secret from everyone especially when your so excited,  I'm going on a girls trip to Barcelona in 2 weeks, it's been booked for 8 months,  I'm thinking I'm going to have to tell them I'm pregnant as I won't be drinking now, was so looking forward to having a few crazy nights out but I will probably be In bed by 10pm now lol 
  • Welcome @FailingToBePatient and huge congratulations! Lovely to have you here! If your baby comes earlier than expected, you might well love being able to escape to Cornwall, but if they've just arrived, how would you feel about not going on the family hols? 

• @LivyLouby I am a mixture of feelings! I still feel like I'm too afraid to say anything until I get proof of it myself. I'm with @Luluuu that it's still kind of hard for me to believe. I think my husband struggles more than me. It will be fun to tell my in-laws but I'm conflicted over telling my family (if it all works out, of course). My sister is having her very first baby in July and while I know everyone would be happy for us, I just wonder if I can try and wait as long as possible because I want her to have her special moment with her baby. 

And congratulations @FailingToBePatient !!! The day I got my bfp I drove to work and have no memory of getting there then I sat staring off into space for like an hour then tried to sneak read all baby things on my phone throughout the rest of the day. I was 75% useless. It's one of the biggest moments in life! 

• Have any of you girls received dates for your booking in appointment with the midwife? And did you see your gp for the referral or did you self refer? 
    I haven't had the chance to see the go yet due to work so I done a self referral online to my maternity service 10 days ago but iv not heard anything yet? So I'm bit worried they may have not received it? Or just too early to be given a date yet? 
  • @Scooby123! I couldn’t help myself as the day I got my BFP was mother’s day, so me and hubby gave our mums ‘greatest nan’ chocolates as a gift! 
    My colleague guessed because I was driving us to a work conference and mentioned I had been feeling a bit nauseous and tired. 
    @sharon130617boy I am seeing my gp for referral tomorrow, but I specifically asked for a gp as I may have complications. From what I’ve read it seems quite common to not hear from the midwife for a while after referral.
  • @LivyLouby we found out too on mother's Day!! I've roughly caulated due on the 9th of December!!  @sharon130617boy I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have heard from midwife got my booking appointment on the 18th and my 12 week scan came through the post which is the 28th of may a day before our daughters first birthday!! I did self referral on line but you could call up to double check I'm sure they won't mind. Have you got a confirmation email saying they have received it? I got mine it was in my junk mail. Anyone waking up at 4am hungry!! Xxx
  • Thanks @Scooby123! Yes I did receive an email in my junk mail too just found it! So hopefully I will receive a letter soon. I also found out I was pregnant again on mother's day lol
  • Dr did pretty much as expected. Said midwife may want to scan early but he was unsure of their criteria. He didn’t even do a test! So I guess I wait now to hear from midwife
  • I filled out the online antenatal self referral form at my local hospital today and got appointments for the midwife and my scan back within an hour. Cant believe it was so quick. Glad I skipped going to the doctor. Scan on 7th June :smiley:
  • @FailingToBePatient that's good Hun! How many weeks pregnant are you? How you been feeling xx
  • Hi lovely ladies! Congrats to you all! I got my BFP one week ago and I'm still in disbelief. I was in the process of scheduling an appointment with a fertility clinic after trying for 6 months. I got a BFN at 9DPO on FRER and figured I was out since I had no symptoms other than sore boobs. I'm 37 and this will be my first!

I'm currently 5+1 but trying not to get too excited until my first doctor's appointment on April 24th. I had symptoms the first few days after my BFP but then just really sore boobs and now even that has really started to subside. It's so weird because I don't even feel pregnant. Either I am extremely lucky or unlucky. Trying to be patient until I know for sure. (In the meantime, I am missing my Friday glass of wine so decided to fill my time by reaching out to you all instead. :smiley: