Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in December 2019!

Replies

• Welcome @Lpop @Buttons80 and @billythekitty
    We are so happy to see you all here! 
    Don't forget to bookmark this thread by pressing the green star next to the thread title. 
  • Anyone planning on having a private scan before 12weeks? Our 12 week scan is on the 28th of may a day before our daughter is 1!! I only feel pregnant because I'm so tired and hungry but no sickness xx
  • Quick announcement: We’re giving away a family holiday to Croatia - could be the perfect place to have a babymoon or a first holiday with your baby. 
    We're especially looking for pregnant women to enter (it's a survey), so to be in with a chance of winning it, please head over here.
  • Scooby123 I don’t plan to go for an earlier scan. But I have a doctor appointment this Friday when I’m exactly 8 weeks for more blood work. And I think he wants to see me at 11 weeks for a Pap test and more monitoring before referring me to the doctor that will be following me for my entire pregnancy. I’m excited to see how things are progressing :) 
  • Hey @billythekitty how come you are being so closely monitored? I've got my booking next week, so excited to have our scan!! 9 months is so long lol x
  • Yes I'm having a scan at 7 weeks. I cant wait til 12 weeks to know. I'm every nervous this ti
  • @Mumto5tobe nice to hear someone else is having an early scan I'm going to book mine in when I'm 9 weeks xx
  • I've got an early scan at 7 weeks because we've been at the fertility clinic, but would of booked one anyway for peace of mind. Had one at 7weeks with my last. I know it can't guarantee that anything wont happen before that 'safe 12 week mark' but it definitely eases your mind to see that little heartbeat. 
  • @Gospel22 your so right about easing your mind, anyone feeling constantly hungry? X
  • Hi ladies! I went for my first doctor's appointment today (I'm 6+6) and thought they were going to do an ultrasound. I've been waiting to get really excited until that happens. Unfortunately, they just did a blood test (will get the results in the next day or two) and I will have to wait another week +1 day to have the ultrasound. This being patient thing is so hard!

@Scooby123! I started just started feeling nauseous today and feeling like I need food every hour or two.
  • Just finished at my booking appointment. Anyone had theirs yet? Word for advice for first time mums... don’t take Dad-to-be. They’ll be bored!! X 
  • I had my booking appointment last week, 9 weeks today! My husband came with me and although quite boring really enjoyed feeling involved. Just waiting on getting my appointment for our 12 week scan so excited to see baby and tell everyone the news.
    Going with my sister to her gender scan this afternoon and just want to steal the ultrasound, my sister doesn't know I'm pregnant so will be hard not to say! Xx
  • I’m 8+1 today, although was meant to be 9 weeks today. I had an early scan and they pushed me back a few days. Luckily they booked my 12 week scan the same time as my booking appointment so we’ve got ours 20th May. Was really looking forward to getting my little bounty pack of maternity notes... but it’s all digital now! Haha 

@DaniRose94 Are you having the screening tests for Down Syndrome? 
  • Hi @Lpop

I haven't had a scan yet so my dates are just off lmp. Due date estimated as 28 Nov but I ovulate a bit later and have slightly longer cycles so I think I will get pushed back at my 12 week scan. I think really I will be closer you date wise.

My 12 week scan is in a different place to where my booking appointment was due to not having facilities, so I'm waiting on the hospital ringing to book my appointment. Think it is like to be week if the 13th may!

Yes I'm having the screening done are you? It's all so exciting yet nerve racking isn't it xx
  • Not yet scooby123 but I remember being nauseous but constantly hungry from about 6-7 weeks last time, so I know it will be coming soon! it's a weird combination! 
    yeh I don't think I'll take my hubby tjis time to the booking. it is a bit boring. the later appointments are more interesting with listening to baby's heartbeat and talking about the birth etc.
    Oh my goodness danirose94, that's going to be sooooo hard not to say anything! I think I would just blurt it out!! 
    Got my early scan on 10th May, at 7+2 weeks. Then I'll book in with the Midwife. 
  • I commented on here last Monday that I had no nausea at all then from Tuesday morning it's hit me like a truck been vomitting everyday I definitely jinxed it.

I know @Gospel22 I'm going to find it so difficult we are so close but hubby doesn't want to tell anyone till we have had our scan which I agree with. 

I'm so hungry but have no appetite to eat anything which is a weird feeling. Had to buy new bras and trousers last night to accommodate me expanding! Everything was getting tight xx
  • I’m 8+2 and have been really lucky with sickness so far. I was sick a few days before I did a test so before 4 weeks and since then ive been totally okay. It made me nervous that something was wrong but I’ve had 2 early scans so far and everything has been okay, saw the little heartbeat two weeks ago. Have my final early scan today so hoping all is still well! 

Its funny that everyones pregnancy goes so goes so fast but when it’s your own time stops! 
  • Just wanted to share my little bean. They’ve now put me at 9 weeks today :) 
  • <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 
    So beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing. Congratulations @Lpop !!!
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3