Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in December 2019!

Replies

• Ahhhh @Gospel22! Is it wrong we're all so excited for Christmas already? It's not even May 😂😂😂
  • I'm definitely getting all the Christmas shopping done early xx or could be a good excuse for crap Christmas gifts 😂 jokes 
  • I'm hoping baby comes early like my little boy did. Don't think I could manage a big fat Christmas dinner and then give birth! 😂😂😂
  • So I had an early scan this morning and seen baby's heartbeat all looking well. Such a relief. Baby measuring 8weeks and 4 days which is only 2 days out from lump. So due date according to the scan is 7th December.  It's such a relief to know everything is how it should be, it was honestly the best £50 that iv spent! So now looking forward to my booking in appointment with the midwife next Thursday. Hope everyone else is well? 😊
  • *lmp not lump lol
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited May 1, 2019 1:02PM
    Hi all, we thought it would be cool to see all your due dates - so we kicked off this Due Dates for December 2019 thread here. Please do add yours! And hit the green star next to the thread title to bookmark it. 
  • I got my appointment for my first scan!! May 15th! I’ll be 11 weeks then :) I’m so happy and excited!
  • I got my appointment for my first scan!! May 15th! I’ll be 11 weeks then :) I’m so happy and excited!
    Yay that’s exciting! A lot of us have our scans around the same time x 
  • How exciting mines the 28th of may a day before our daughters first birthday!! 
  • So exciting to go through this special time with so many ladies :) 

I just reread the letter from the hospital regarding the scan appointment and it mentions that it might be necessary to do a transvaginal ultrasound if they can’t see well enough with a regular ultrasound! Ugh!!! I don’t want that! Any of you had one before and how is it really? 

• So exciting to go through this special time with so many ladies :) 

I just reread the letter from the hospital regarding the scan appointment and it mentions that it might be necessary to do a transvaginal ultrasound if they can’t see well enough with a regular ultrasound! Ugh!!! I don’t want that! Any of you had one before and how is it really? 

Hi Billy, 

I’ve had three - one with my last pregnancy and two with this one at 5 weeks and 7 weeks. When I had my scan at 9 weeks it was external as they was able to see what they needed so you might be okay depending on how far along you are.

I promise it doesn’t hurt at all and it’s over really quickly (I guess they only like to see what they need to). You need an empty bladder for internal so I’d go with a full bladder incase of external and then they might ask you go to the loo if internal is needed x 
  • I should have said sorry, don’t panic when you see the size of the ‘probe’ thing they use to internal scan... it doesn’t all go in!!! 
  • Hi ladies! Sorry I haven’t been back to update you all! Just been super busy! Everything is fine with me, heard baby’s heartbeat and everything is healthy and normal, phew! 

@billythekitty i’ve had two transvaginal ultrasounds so far and they’re honestly just nothing to worry about. It’s pain free, and not even uncomfortable. Once you see what’s on the screen you’ll forget what they’re doing anyway ;) hope it all goes well! 

Lovely reading everyone’s stories! Xxx 

(and oh my god the bloat is real :open_mouth:)
  • Hey billythekitty, I've had loads too. If you've ever had a speculum exam done, for a smear test etc, then it's 10 times better than that! it's just a tiny little bit that actually goes in. Nothing to worry about i promise. 
    Thinking about it, when I had my scan at 7 weeks with my last pregnancy, they just did a normal ultrasound and could see the baby perfectly. x
  • Got my first scan date for this Thursday! 😁🤞
  • @LivyLouby how exciting! Is it your 12 week scan or a little earlier? 

My next scan is 20th May - seems a life time away although it only 2 weeks today! X 
  • My 12 week scan won't be till May 29. *SIIIGH* I feel like I have an easier time getting in to be seen about a cold.
  • Mines the 28th!! I'm hoping tomorrow my booking appointment she may be able to pick up the heart beat what do you guys think? I'm 9 weeks I mean it would give me so much peace of mine xx
  • @Scooby123! Are you having an early scan tomorrow too? At my booking appointment they didn’t scan me; it was more questions & admin but I don’t know if that was just my hospital? X 
  • I haven't booked an early scan will just have to wait. Oh I'm hoping she will just can't wait to be 16 weeks to find out what we are having!! Who's finding out the sex?