Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Heartburn at 36 weeks

JaneDCJaneDC Regular
edited Nov 19, 2019 3:53PM in Due in December 2019
I'm 36 weeks now and I'm suffering so bad with heartburn. I only suffer with it when pregnant. And at that, it's usually at nighttime, but more  annoying than anything else. but this last week, I've had it so bad. I have a head cold, which I'm hoping is making it worse (so when my head cold goes, my heartburn will settle, wishful thinking). I'm suffering during the day and at night time it's keeping me awake.

Just need to rant. :) 

Replies

• Omeprezole. You'll likely have to go to the doctors for it, but it's been amazing for me. I was taking Zantac/ranitidine but with all the scaremongering in the news, i got the doctor to switch me. Your midwife should be able to advise on it, but not sure they can prescribe.

Or you could go down the gaviscon route. I tried Peptac on prescription which is a bit stronger than gaviscon, it takes it away within seconds but it always came back and didn't stop awful reflux where I would wake up choking on acid in the middle of the night. 

I take one tablet every other day and I can eat what I like :-D 

Best of luck for the next month! 
  • Thanks for that. I'll bring it up at my next appointment.

I do take gaviscone at night, but like you said,it doesn't keep the feeling away.

Drinking some peppermint tea now . . . .