Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2020

Replies

• Options
    Hey @Vey. Congrats! What kind of floor do you work on? Are there any cases right now? I’m in New Jersey and work on a med-surg floor
  • Options
    Symtoms? Do you guys have any symtoms yet? I have really tender breasts but nothing else... still taking tests just to see if the line is getting stronger. 
  • Options
    I don’t have any symptoms either. Breast are only a little bit tender, wouldn’t notice unless I touch them 
  • Options
    I’ve had a lot of cramping and nausea. Today was the first day I didn’t feel nauseous but the cramps come and go sporadically. . I’m 18 days po and like that I keep checking test for fear the cramping is something bad but the line is strong and I’m using the tesco cheapies. Early pregnancy is tough.
  • Options
    Hi ladies

Congratulations to you all! 😊

I got my bfp last Saturday, I'm 5 weeks today and due on 27th November.

I've been pregnant before, including 3 mc, but this is DHs and my first baby together. We were ttc for 12 months and I had a phone call gp appointment booked for Tuesday, when I was going to ask about fertility tests. Ended up being able to tell her I was pregnant so she told me what to do about booking in with a midwife! 😁

Nic03 I think people will say the same to me, as we hadn't told anyone we were ttc, just that we'd been talking about it and were thinking about it 🙄 x
    Congrats @HippieMama4, we have the same due date! I had a miscarriage on my daughters birthday in December so praying for a sticky baby this time! How have you been feeling? Nausea has been on and off, sore boobs 
  • Options
    Bea70 said:
    Hi Everyone, 

Welcome girls. Just wondering for those of you who haven’t been to the doctor yet, when do you plan on going? This is my first. I want to be a few weeks in, nothing too late possibly 6. I’d like more certainty as I still have quite a bit of cramping. 
    @Bea70 Congrats on your pregnancy! Most doctors won’t see you until your around 12 weeks but you can go in for early scan around 6-8 weeks.. I go the 10th of April at 7 weeks for early scan! I’ve noticed I had cramping this time around on and off, it’s finally (at over 5 weeks) has seemed to subside but if you’re concerned I’d contact your Ob
  • Options
    Bea70 said:
    Hi Everyone, 

Welcome girls. Just wondering for those of you who haven’t been to the doctor yet, when do you plan on going? This is my first. I want to be a few weeks in, nothing too late possibly 6. I’d like more certainty as I still have quite a bit of cramping. 
    @Bea70 Congrats on your pregnancy! Most doctors won’t see you until your around 12 weeks but you can go in for early scan around 6-8 weeks.. I go the 10th of April at 7 weeks for early scan! I’ve noticed I had cramping this time around on and off, it’s finally (at over 5 weeks) has seemed to subside but if you’re concerned I’d contact your Ob
    Olivias mom2014 
    Yes we scan at 12 and 20 weeks here and I have rang to privately book an early scan at almost 8 weeks on April 18th but as it’s just cramping and no bleeding I don’t want to panic but it’s great to hear someone else is having a similar experience-of course glad you’re feeling much better. It must be such a relief to be done with it. I haven’t gone to  a gp to confirm my pregnancy yet either. I might go this week as I have just enlisted with a new one. Bet you are looking forward to your scan ❤️
  • Options
    Welcome @Olivias_mom2014 and huge congratulations. 

How is everyone doing here? Are you calling the doctors or what is the process since Corona has happened for you all? 
  • Options
    Bea70 said:
    Bea70 said:
    Hi Everyone, 

Olivias mom2014 
    Yes we scan at 12 and 20 weeks here and I have rang to privately book an early scan at almost 8 weeks on April 18th but as it’s just cramping and no bleeding I don’t want to panic but it’s great to hear someone else is having a similar experience-of course glad you’re feeling much better. It must be such a relief to be done with it. I haven’t gone to  a gp to confirm my pregnancy yet either. I might go this week as I have just enlisted with a new one. Bet you are looking forward to your scan ❤️
    I am anxiously waiting for the 10th, I haven’t been confirmed by a doctor yet either! I’m in the United States so early scans are common especially if you’ve had miscarriage(s) in the past.. I have a lot of hope this time around and I kept testing (found out at 10dpo) tested till 21 dpo and test line was darker than control line! I don’t remember being this anxious when I found out in 2014 with my daughter.. took 1 test didn’t see doc till about 12 weeks.. from what I’ve seen is cramping is very normal in the first trimester and more so if this is not the first pregnancy due to things shifting 
  • Options
    Bea70Bea70 Regular
    edited Mar 30, 2020 8:04PM
    This is my first pregnancy and I don’t have much to go by with what things feel like but the research shows a lot of stretching and shifting as you said. Gladly I’ve had no pain today and I booked my private scan for the 18th. I’m nervous but excited too. I’ll be thinking of you here on the 10th. The lady in the phone although was like “call if you need to cancel”. What a depressing statement. Please God everything will be grand and we’ll all get there ❤️
  • Options
    Hey ladies, hope you're all keeping well n sane with this lockdown situation . I am having tender boobs , slight nausea n headaches here n there .I can remember having these on the very early days on both my kids pregnancies. @Summer08 , I work as an agency nurse so I mainly go to general medical wards n have so far managed to avoid the Covid wards . I have however looked after 4 suspected cases 
  • Options
    I'm in UK in Wales where there are quite significant cases 
  • Options
    Be careful @Vey, stay safe! 

Are any of you girls experiencing light cramping? Like af is coming kind of cramping? I am doing the progesterone Suppositories not sure if that has something to do with extra cramping
  • Options
    Bea70 said:
    This is my first pregnancy and I don’t have much to go by with what things feel like but the research shows a lot of stretching and shifting as you said. Gladly I’ve had no pain today and I booked my private scan for the 18th. I’m nervous but excited too. I’ll be thinking of you here on the 10th. The lady in the phone although was like “call if you need to cancel”. What a depressing statement. Please God everything will be grand and we’ll all get there ❤️
    Thank you! I haven’t told my daughter yet as I did in December and she tried telling everyone then when I miscarried it was hard on her too so I haven’t decided yet if she will go to the appointment on the 10th and find out that way but I’m kinda hoping to get a sitter for her so we can avoid covid as much as possible and just show her the ultrasound after and she finds out. She keeps bringing up baby and wanting a sibling but don’t want to get my hopes up as I did miscarry last time. Shes 5! And awe, first baby. You will experience so much 
  • Options
    @Summer08 I'm trying hard to stay safe at work.  I'm also having cramping on n off today. It was reassuring to have the strongest bfp the test line was as dark as the control . It was my last test I already had wont be buying  anymore :)
  • Options
    Summer08 said:
    Be careful @Vey, stay safe! 

Are any of you girls experiencing light cramping? Like af is coming kind of cramping? I am doing the progesterone Suppositories not sure if that has something to do with extra cramping
    Yes yesterday I had really bad cramping, I was so scared that I was going to MC. It was such a hard day so many on my shift lost their job yesterday, and I think I was cramping because of to much stress 😣 But I feel better today but still cramping.. have been checking all day to see if I have started to bleed.

But I took a test and the test line is darker then the control line so I hope that is a good sign.

• Options
    Bea70Bea70 Regular
    edited Apr 1, 2020 1:54PM
    I’m from Ireland and it’s pretty much the same as the UK here. I always feel so sorry for healthcare workers but ye are so brave. My sister is a nurse and I am a qualified midwife-I don’t practice as I switched professions shortly after so I feel like I’m learning so much again but I do remember the pressure and joy of the job but under these circumstances it’s something else.  It doesn’t help that we don’t know regarding covid 19 and pregnancy. We’ll just have to stick to WHO guidelines. 

Olivias_mom2014 I’m so sorry about your mc. I think if you wait til your scan and then see how you feel about telling your daughter. If you still want to wait maybe you could bring her along to your 12 week. It’d be a lovely occasion.
    My husband isn’t allowed into the early scan so hopefully by 12 things will be better.

On the cramping note. I’ve had so much. It’s been really bad at times during the day but even worse when I lie down in bed. It comes after a few minutes and is so strong. I always do a test the following day which is still a strong line, thank God. Now I haven’t had any the past two days so I am hoping that’s it. I’m 5 weeks today 😊
  • Options
    Hi everyone, we just wanted to check in and see how you're all doing today? 
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM. I’m doing good! Just got my labs back from yesterday hcg is 628;) so happy about that! Staying and being safe. How are you?

• Options
    @DanielleMFM Hello m thanks for checking up on us :) . I'm okay, glad that I'm not cramping today, was just so so tired most of the day , probably due to the numerous loo trips last night 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions