Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in December 2020

Replies

• Options
    We're all hanging in there @Meme210 So happy to see you here again.
    We'd love to ask you all here, about making that first appointment with your midwives during Corona - can you tell us what's happening where you are? 
    I live in Berkshire and they have moved the 8 week midwife appointment to over the phone, 12 week scan as normal but no one can attend and the tests the midwife does at 8 weeks will be done and they will give you your birth notes. I haven't looked into further ahead than that as I'm hoping things might be a bit more normal then. 
    We also self refer to the midwife so will call at the end of this week (week5) to get my 8 week on time.
  • Options
    That's useful to know @Butsie185. When I was pregnant with my little girl, I had to have a viability scan at 8 weeks because I need to take clexane due to blood clotting in the past. 
    Not sure if I should give them a call now just to see what's what? X
  • Options
    LouTTC83 said:
    That's useful to know @Butsie185. When I was pregnant with my little girl, I had to have a viability scan at 8 weeks because I need to take clexane due to blood clotting in the past. 
    Not sure if I should give them a call now just to see what's what? X
    I have no idea as I had a 'normal' pregnancy last time so didn't need any additional. 

We had a private scan at 8 weeks with my last pregnancy but lost the baby 3 days later despite everything being ok so have decided to just wait for the 12 week scan this time. 
  • Options
    Hey all , I have the first appointment with the midwife at 8 weeks on the 23rd of April. Hopefully things will be better by the time I'll be having the 1st scan . Sorry to hear that @Butsie185 that must have been such a heartbreaking thing to go through . I had a mc back in feb and now 6 weeks . Hopefull that we all have safe pregnancies and deliveries this time 🙏
  • Options
    I rang to get the higher dose of folic acid today (high bmi related) but not made any appointments yet.  I will wait a week or so i think.  
    I paid for private early scans with my toddler but our local place isnt doing them at the moment, instead they are helping with nhs scans where needed
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @Butsie185.

Fingers crossed we all have healthy pregnancies and babies by Christmas :-) 

I did a clear blue test today and it said 2-3 weeks which is making me feel hopeful that my pregnancy hormones are developing as they should xx
  • Options
    @LouTTC83 that's good news! I have one CB digital left that I'm going to use on Friday but I have been keeping track of my tests daily. Will do this until Friday and then stop. 

• Options
    Your tests look fab. I have one spare clear blue which I might do in a week and hopefully see it progress to 3 + weeks xx
  • Options
    Tentatively waving hello 👋🏻 Found out on Friday that I’m pregnant. It’ll baby number 3 for me and baby number 2 for my partner - our first baby together. Have to say I’m feeling very anxious given the current coronavirus situation and everything seems so different to when I had my last baby almost 7 years ago. I’m so used to lots of face to face appointments and building g up that rapport, it feels a bit scary being left to your own devices! Desperately hoping by the time it gets to the 12 week scan, partners will be allowed 🤞🏻 

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well :)  
  • Options
    hello lovelies!!

i am around 5 week pregnant with my first baby (found out yesterday)!! i am excited and nervous, hasn’t sunk into myself and my partner that it is real. i am aware it is early days so just taking it easy and fingers crossed! congratulations to everyone ❤️
  • Options
    Hi @Em162 welcome and congratulations - we totally get your anxiety, but as you say, lets hope the next few weeks pass by, and when those 12 weeks scans are supposed to happen, fingers massively crossed that things have taken a turn for the better, and Corona is on it's way out. 

Welcome @luna416 too and congratulations on your first! How are you feeling at the mo? 

• Options
    Hi everyone :)  I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to join this group! After 15+ years of trying, I'd given up all hope of conceiving naturally (I'm 39 now). But after days of weird abdominal cramps and pelvic pain, along with a late period, I found an old test stick in my bathroom cupboard and thought I'd just check. Definitely did NOT expect the positive result I got! I've lost count of the number of tests I've done over the years, desperately praying and hoping to see that second line. It never happened and I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility many years ago now as I don't (didn't?) ovulate. Anyway, TOTAL surprise and I know it's early days and I shouldn't get my hopes up. But I've never, ever had a positive test - not even the faintest of lines - so I can't help but feel tentatively excited. Second test the following day was positive too! I have a slight problem in that I moved a few months ago and haven't yet registered with a local GP. Because of Corona my local GP surgeries aren't taking on new patients and I can't travel to my old one, so I'm hoping somewhere locally will see me regardless. I'm very unprepared for this and don't know what the usual procedure is, but husband reckons it's too early for me to see a doc anyway, so I'll keep testing over the next couple of weeks and pray nothing changes :smile:, then sort out seeing whoever I'm supposed to see for confirmation/checks in a couple of weeks. Is that the right thing to do? We have 2 adopted children, aged 6 and 7, both with additional needs who were older when they were placed with us (so I've not done little baby parenting yet). Adoption was amazing but it's been way more challenging than I expected, so I'm a little scared at the thought of adding a newborn baby to the mix. No spare room for a nursery or anything either. That said, I've dreamt of this day for soooooooooooooo long, so the excitement is still trumping all the worries currently! Congratulations everyone! Can't wait for December :D xxx
  • Options
    Hello @MummyWobbles welcome to the forum and massive congratulations - we can absolutely feel your excitement bouncing off the page! Maybe when the time is right, you might be able to self-refer to your hospitals maternity unit? No idea if that's right or not at all... 

• Options
    Thanks @DanielleMFM:) Good idea to try and self refer somewhere. When do people usually first see a doctor or midwife? I'm guessing as I'm older, there are more risks, so an early scan would be good. Trouble is I'm self isolating completely as my little girl is in the vulnerable group. I'm assuming that even if something was picked up on an early scan, there wouldn't be much anyone could do anyway and really they are just for reassurance? I don't really want to go near a hospital at the moment but eager to know all is well too! 
  • Options
    @MummyWobbles what a story! Congratulations and welcome to the group! 

I think it really depends what the process is for the area that you live. Where I live you dont see the GP, you just call the midwife team (a centralised number for everything) when you find out your pregnant and they give you a date for your 8 week appointment which would be at your GPs or the local children's centre. It may be different for you due to your age. At the moment the 8 week appointments are being done over the phone so you dont see anyone until the 12 week scan. 

I know some private scan places are still open so that could be an option too. 

Wishing you all the best 
  • Options
    AurelllAurelll Regular
    edited Apr 8, 2020 3:25PM
    Hi! I am new here too!

found out yesterday I was pregnant at DPO12 with diluted urine! So excited :) I am due on december 17th :)

this is my first ever pregnancy after ttc for a whole year!!
  • Options
    Butsie185Butsie185 Regular
    edited Apr 8, 2020 3:45PM
    @Aurelll welcome to the December group, how are you feeling? 
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM thank you so much! i am feeling okay very tired and feeling like i’ve eaten a heavy meal all the time lol! with everything going on in the world at the moment it is freaking me out but i’m still working as i am a key worker (support worker in a recovery unit for vulnerable adults) but i am happy just hasn’t really sunk in yet waiting to hear back from the GP/Hospital.. when will i get my first scan i live in england, UK and i don’t know if it will be different due to coronavirus.. should i get a private early scan? 

congratulations to everyone else who had recently found out - sending love and happiness❤️
  • Options
    @MummyWobbles wow congratulatons! what a story! ❤😊

Welcome to the group everyone!❤😊

I'm 5w6d today and I have been sick since sunday, I was tested for covid yesterday and just waiting for results.. but feeling lot better today so I'm hopeful it will be negative 🤞 
  • Options
    Congratulations  to all of you ladies...
    I'm 34 n hv bn ttc for 4yrs...1 daughter, 8yrs old...2mc before her .
    long story short...my cycle has been between 28/30 days...
    Until last month(March) I only got AF on cd34...all tests done BFN.
    Now In April late again then on cd33 I tested with hpt n got a faint BFP
    cd34 tested with Clearblue also faint BFP
    I also went and did blood tests for Bhcg n it came back measuring 10ul/ml...which my dr said its normal  for gestation(3-4 weeks)
    Today cd35...had pinkish brown discharge around 15h30..really thought period is starting...then at 17h00 when I wipe theres nothing...the toilet paper was completely clean. 

Has anyone experienced this n had a successful pregnancy....
    Should I be worried...
    Ps.only symptoms I hv is sore boobs...n mild cramps 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions