Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Obese and pregnant

Hello everyone, 
I've recently found out I'm 4+4 weeks pregnant. When I had my first I wasnt as big as I am now. My BMI is 32 now. Over read up lots of things about needing more folic acid etc. I havent yet called the doctors to set up my first midwife appointment. However, it will take weeks to put a appointment in place anyway, so do I call the doctors tomorrow and tell them my situation? Anyone had this?
Thank you 

Replies

• Dont worry you will be fine they will look after you . Having a child is a blessing just try and eat healthy foods to keep your weight gain under control and yes you need to call doctor and let them know the situation so they will be able to put you through your first consultation with midwife. Do not be sad we are all different and all pregnancies are different 💚💚💚
  • @Ayana thank you! Just a little worried that's all, tried my best to lose weight before I fell pregnant, but everytime I wasnt getting pregnant I was down and ate a lot which didnt help x
  • Post withdrawn

• It’s 5mg- phone up and your doctor will prescribe it. It’s for the first 12 weeks.xx