Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Yes it’s a bit high @MissM2203 🙈 she didn’t know what to do about it bless her. She kept saying she couldn’t decide if I should go to to DAU or she should try to get hold of my Dr. Tbh I don’t feel all that well, just the last two weeks I’ve felt under the weather every day and a bit woozy but to varying degrees of full on unwell or just in the background. I keep thinking surely this is all just standard stuff?! I mean it can’t help being pregnant in a pandemic! I’d quite like to hold off until my section on the 30th Nov - feel free to go before me ladies, after you 🤣🤣🤣🤣 It would be Sod’s law because I literally haven’t given any thought to a natural PE out at all. 
  • PE out?! Otherwise known as labour 
  • @LouTTC83 ooo let me know if you find a good book for that!

@Em162 Oo are they keeping an eye on your bp? It’s about the right time for normal gestational hypertension to start for you. 
  • @LouTTC83
    You did the right thing just going to bed! 
    Husbands can be so blooming insensitive at times, they are often harder work than the kids! 
    I hope u get an apology from him tomorrow.
    @Em162
    Glad they are going to keep and eye on you weekly especially as u have a few things that seems to be going on now.
    I feel a bit like because this is the last time I will ever be pregnant I Sony want to have baby rushed out but I know realistically I need to follow medical advise and do what's best.
    So can u chose to have a natural birth if you wanted to? 

• Here’s my bump I’m 32+3 and my little one having a growth scan because she had a feel and was worried he was small he’s currently only weighing 3lb 14oz but they think he is an ok size so fingers crossed all is ok! I love seeing everyone’s scans & bump photos it’s getting so close for us all 💙🦋
  • Hello!

@LouTTC83 Sorry to hear about your bad day, hope it all goes better tomorrow. Spoil yourself a little, take it easy.

I can't believe the actual countdown has started and our babies are coming so soon. Hard to grasp it's really happening and I will be a mother soon. It's so exciting and so scary. So many things to worry about - anyone else worried about breech position?

Other than that, I am eating all day. Snack after snack. And I slept during my favourite TV show (bake-off) that has never happened before! I blame the boring commercials 😂

• Afternoon lovelies, 
    Just back from scan and consultant and baby is behaving a bit better, went from 95th centile down to 90th and estimated to be 6lb 9oz today at 35+ 1
    They are now happy for me to stick to IOL on 14th Nov and have started me on metformin 1x nightly seeing as I had no side effects with the one I took the other night.
    They also are confident this will keep baby from having another massive growth spurt along with stabilising my sugars.
    I am feeling happy about babies size now 😀
  • @MissM2203 yay that's great news!

I've just been catching up on this thread, so glad everyone's pain and issues seem to have calmed down. I'm in complete denial about being 33 weeks tomorrow. I don't want any early surprises as we're still decorating and I'm desperate to have a bit of maternity leave quietness 😂 I feel so unprepared at the moment so ignorance is bliss until I have to get my bag and go to the hospital. I did order a new dressing gown and slippers for my hospital bag though... Argh! Terrifying! 
  • @MissM2203 that's great news darling!

@Emmy012 it's all getting a bit too real now. Babies room is painted and we're picking out a new floor tonight. If all goes well it'll be ready in the next week or so with the furniture ready to go in. Have wall stickers to go up and then the last few bits 😭 can't believe we're all so close now 🥰
  • @winter2020 scary isn't it. OH is painting the nursery Friday and we have new flooring and woodwork to go in, the built in wardrobe is nearly finished and we picked up his cot at the weekend so just some drawers to get and some last bits for decoration. Our bedroom is mostly painted, just a couple of coats to go and the woodwork painting then I can set up his next to me cot in there and get our bedroom ready.
    OH is putting the car seat and isofix base in my car this weekend which is just bizzare 😂

I am no way near mentally prepared yet as I've got so much to do! 
  • @Emmy012 You don't realise how much needs to be done until you make a list 😂
  • @winter2020 I have lists for baby, lists for me, hospital bags, decorating, way too many lists 😂
  • @Emmy012 haha you have 7 weeks to hopefully mentally prepare to meet this wonderful tiny human you have been growing for months!! 
    Hopefully he is fine and comfy where he's at and will stay there until you have your nest all lovely and prepared for his arrival.
    I think you should have your bags done just in case tho 🤣
    @winter2020
    How u feeling have the braxton hicks settled? 
  • @MissM2203 the bags are getting packed next week and cat seat put in just in case! 😂
    I absolutely can't wait to meet him but I'm not ready for an early arrival that's for sure! 3 weeks left at work!! 
  • @MissM2203 they've haven't really settled yet, getting loads in my back and sides but they're definitely manageable 😞
  • @MissM2203 great news! That all sounds much more manageable. What size do they predict baby will be when they induce you? 
  • @MissM2203, that is great news that the baby is behaving better. The 14th November sounds so so close, so exciting :) 

@Emmy012, I have my bag kinda sorted but not packed. I am not ready to meet this baby for a little while yet 😘

@winter2020, hope your pains keep manageable and ease off soon xx
  • @winter2020
    Glad your managing to cope with them, hopefully they will settle down for you
    @Em162
    They have said if baby keeps a steady growth now it will be around 8lbs? If I went full term they said baby would be around 9lbs so a big baby but definitely not as big as it was heading previously. 
    @LouTTC83
    I know it's only 16 sleeps and am starting to feel nervous dont know why? 
    Just woke up very early in a panic for some reason 
  • Aww @MissM2203 it's probably just nerves! I say you're so excited at the same time x

On the way to see my obstetrician for the first time. Due to the severity of the pains on Monday I'm now under their care and not my midwifes anymore. Weather is horrendous and I have no idea what to expect from the doctor. Anyone know what happens in an appointment with the obstetrician?
  • @MissM2203 aww love, totally normal to feel that way. I have little panic filled moments and anxiety kicks in. You've got this!
    @winter2020 I'm not sure I'm afraid by my friend is under one due to hereditary birth defects and thyroid issues. I think they just run extra tests and monitor you more closely, I wouldn't worry!