Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020

Due in December 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• @RememberToBreathe Thanks dear!
    Yes I believe 13lb is a definitely ok. 

I think it's amazing we can have all these tests done, but at the same time the more information we have, the more reasons to worry. 

BTW, I wonder if more of you will be referred for the glucose test, usually it would be later at weeks 24 to 28. It doesn't sound fun at all, drinking sweet syrup on an empty stomach 😵

• Yeah 11/13lb is fine :) 

@SIAI I also have to have the glucose test as I’m insulin resistant. 
    I had it last time and it make me feel so so sick! This time I think it’s just a blood test without the syrup because of corona but not sure if that will change or not. 
  • I can't believe how many boys there are in this group! I feel a bit deflated sat there with no colour beside my name. 😣
    I am having the glucose tolerance test at 24 weeks. 8.05am blood test. I'm not looking forward to it as breakfast is my favourite meal atm due to reflux affecting me from about 1pm each day and spoiling all my other meals. 
    Just made my 25 week midwife appt and whooping cough injection with nurse so my diary is full 🤣 
    I've gained about 10lbs so far but I have popped and think I look huge. Just ordered some maternity clothes online as my normal jeggings are digging in now. 
  • SIAI said:
    @RememberToBreathe Thanks dear!
    Yes I believe 13lb is a definitely ok. 

I think it's amazing we can have all these tests done, but at the same time the more information we have, the more reasons to worry. 

BTW, I wonder if more of you will be referred for the glucose test, usually it would be later at weeks 24 to 28. It doesn't sound fun at all, drinking sweet syrup on an empty stomach 😵

I had to have the GTT twice in my second pregnancy - not fun at all! Hoping to avoid it this time around 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • @Toothfairy82 You will know soon too, at least you get to have one extra "meeting" with your little one. It's quite special to see them and hear the heartbeat during an ultrasound test.

Ugh GTT won't be pleasant for sure. But good to have it checked.. 

• Hi ladies, 

All these boys 😍 my scan isn’t for another 10 days. I can’t wait to find out what we’re having this time! I’ve put 14lb on and I’m 19+1 and I can really tell! 🙈 We are currently wild camping in our campervan around Scotland. All the walking is tough going carrying around an extra stone haha. I feel like I have a lot more energy than the first trimester though! ❤️ 
    If any of you have to have the anti D injection, when do you have it? I can’t remember from last time. The midwife said that I should have had an appointment through by now, but I’ve had nothing. I’ve had my extra growth scan appointments through though. I was surprised I have to have these, my daughter was 6lb 6oz, I didn’t think that was a tiny weight 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • SIAI said:
    @Toothfairy82 You will know soon too, at least you get to have one extra "meeting" with your little one. It's quite special to see them and hear the heartbeat during an ultrasound test.

Thank you. I know it's not long to wait and an extra view of my little one. They don't let you hear heartbeats at my hospital. The sonographer says they are of little or no benefit as they can see the heart beating and that's all they need so I've not heard the heartbeat. Is this commonplace now???
    I also asked about all the parenting classes and aquanatal but nothing is running. I think the aquanatal is a big upset for me as all my friends made so many new friends who they stay in touch with through their aquanatal classes. I should be extremely grateful for the fact that my husband has been allowed to scans though. We have no private scan facilities here so he would never have seen any. 
  • @Toothfairy82 I did think it was strange I didn’t get to hear the heartbeat and either of my scans. It’s such a shame because it’s such a lovely sound to hear. 
    I’m having a private one at 30 weeks so maybe they’ll let me!
  • SIAI said:
    @Toothfairy82 You will know soon too, at least you get to have one extra "meeting" with your little one. It's quite special to see them and hear the heartbeat during an ultrasound test.

Thank you. I know it's not long to wait and an extra view of my little one. They don't let you hear heartbeats at my hospital. The sonographer says they are of little or no benefit as they can see the heart beating and that's all they need so I've not heard the heartbeat. Is this commonplace now???
    I also asked about all the parenting classes and aquanatal but nothing is running. I think the aquanatal is a big upset for me as all my friends made so many new friends who they stay in touch with through their aquanatal classes. I should be extremely grateful for the fact that my husband has been allowed to scans though. We have no private scan facilities here so he would never have seen any. 
    Oh that’s interesting! I haven’t heard the heartbeat at my scans either. Though I did hear it with the MW at 16 weeks. My partner still hasn’t been able to attend any scans, it’s really sad. I try not to dwell on it because what can we do but it is heartbreaking. I’m gutted too about antenatal classes etc. I did NCT with my ex husband and first daughter and still have friends from them. I was hoping we’d get to go to something to meet parents with similar age babies in this area but looks unlikely. We’ve been a bit screwed really :/
  • Ooo I’ve also just spotted this on my trust website:

Glucose Tolerance Test, often shortened to 'GTT', are currently suspended during Covid-19 pandemic which is in line with national guidance. Women who have risk factors for diabetes in pregnancy will have a random blood sugar test at booking and a second test, known as a Hba1C, to check how your body is dealing with sugar at 28 weeks of pregnancy. 

Annoyingly you can take a partner to your 12 week scan from the 1st August but that is the only scan. Grrr. Still no change on birth/visitors etc either. 
  • @Toothfairy82 I heard the heart beat at the 16 week midwife appointment (I haven’t had my 20 week scan yet) My midwife said that some hospital trusts believe it has no medical benefits but, personally, she thinks that it’s incredibly important for the mental well being of mums to be ❤️
  • @MrsB4812 ahhh that’s so true and how lovely. Especially in these weird times where it feels like we’re left alone a bit.
  • I had no clue that hearing the heartbeat was not a part of a typical ultrasound test @Toothfairy82
    Well seeing the little baby is anyway more special, just all the differences we all experience are so mind-boggling.. obviously the whole corona doesn't help
    @Em162 I guess GTT still goes on where I am (the Netherlands) though I was supposed to get a referral and it didn't arrive yet, so I can't be sure. 

I think not letting partners to ultrasounds is one of the worst, the two parents should be treated equally, and it makes no sense in terms of covid-19 prevention? The two parents share a household anyway so if theoretically one had the virus then the other one as well..
  • How's everyone surviving the heat?
  • @SIAI

I am up in Scotland near Aberdeen so the weather has not been overly warm here.
    I even had a hot water bottle to bed last night because it got so cold 
  • @SIAI surviving on fan and ice
  • @MissM2203 sounds great!

It has been 4 days wirh 30+ where I am, summer is great but to have to work in this heat is really tough.. taking many cold showers and eating frozen berries to survive
  • @MrsB4812 I'm getting my anti D injection when I'm 28+6, so October 2nd is going to be a long day for me 😭
  • It’s too warm! 🥵

• My handsome little one 💙

had to go back after my anomaly scan as they couldn’t get all the information they needed on his heart but we got there and 100% fine!