Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in December 2021

Replies

• Congratulations hunny xxxx
  • Thankyou 🙂, what are you guys like nausea wise? I'm ok at the min but just wondering when to expect it to come, with my last pregnancy I think I was ok in the mornings but terrible at night but I cant remember how far I was when it started. 
  • Mine started about 3-4 weeks in and it just comes and goes any time of the day. I’ve had a lot of cramping with this pregnancy and my boobs are agony. I’m also really tired but I work in a physical job now, with both my girls I worked in an office. This pregnancy has been totally different so far x
  • Ooo if your completely different to your girls I wonder if that means your having a boy 🤔
  • I’d proper love that. We’ve had a £100 bet on I say girl he says boy 😂 x
  • Hope everyone’s well today. I finally got my 3+ on my cbd so I’m going to stop testing now 😅 Told my boss about the baby so I feel a bit safer at work now and really looking forward to my scan next Thursday. Think I’ll be a few days behind what I think I am but I can live with that x
  • How far along will you be at your scan? With my last baby we paid for an early scan and it was great, got to see the heart beat and very reassuring to be told everything looked normal, we dont regret it at all but with this one me and my partner agreed before we even got pregnant that we wouldn't go for it this time so I'm gonna have to wait the whole 12 weeks 🙈
  • @Chops123 I should be 6+5 but I may be more like 6+3. It’ll be nice to have a bit of reassurance. I had one with my youngest at 9/10 weeks due to bleeding so I kinda know what to expect. Really looking forward to it and we’re going out for dinner afterwards to break the news to my 2 girls (oldest will be happy youngest will be devastated 😂) Then his 2 boys are stopping over next weekend so we can tell them too 😊 How are you feeling? I’ve been feeling sick as a dog all day today. And my boobs. Oh god my boobs. They’re so swollen and heavy and sore it feels like someone’s been kicking them 😩 x
  • My nausea has been awful to the point of debilitating 🤮🤮 can’t stand the smell of anything - literally anything! From food to washing stuff to toiletries to cleaning products to candles - it’s all making me feel disgusting 🤢 I’m going to try and get a sick note for work for a few weeks as I’m struggling with eating and drinking and being a carer I’m not sure how I’ll cope with the sights and smells I have to see for much longer 😩😩 and also I work nights and my fatigue is awwwfulllll I’m so tired all of the time!!! Moving to days isn’t an option either 😩 x
  • Hope you can get a bit of time off. By law your employer needs to adjust your job accordingly if you’re struggling with your duties due to your pregnancy. You should get a risk assessment in each trimester I think x
  • I feel completely normal, slight boob pain but nothing too bad, I am only just 5 weeks though so it's probably too soon. I'm trying to go as long as I can without telling anyone, I will have to mention it at work at some point as it sometimes involves heavy lifting but I'm just going to see how far I can go without having to say anything I think.  Last time we told our families after the early scan...think that was about 8 weeks but I think this time we will try to get to 12 weeks first.  I think I'm still in a bit of denial that it's actually happening haha 

• I’ve told my boss already but my job is constant lifting. But I feel better for letting them know so they know I’m not taking the mickey and avoiding all the heavy work. I’ve got an excuse to take it easy now 😊🤣 x
  • My work have been absolute d***s about it. They just don’t seem to give a shit that I am pregnant. They were like it when I was pregnant with my first. Had an awful day today. I’m absolutely knackered can barely function I’m that tired. My boobs are starting to hurt and the waves of nausea is just something else. Hope everyone is okay and you’ve managed to get some rest mummae26. X
  • Lh8609Lh8609 Regular
    edited Apr 15, 2021 6:46PM
    I think it’s disgusting the way some companies treat their staff during pregnancy. Trouble is taking advice or action often makes things worse so we’re kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. My issue at the mo is customers bombing around with their trolleys, the amount of times I’ve almost been smashed in to us a joke x
  • I’m on a 0 hour contract so my shifts are the companies needs so I’m not on a changeable fixed contract and all they have is nights.. so it’s either nights or nothing 😩 x
  • Oh Pooh that sucks.  0 hours contracts should be banned it’s just another excuse to treat people like sh1t x
  • I'm a veterinary nurse in a really busy hospital so our place have to be good with you once they know, only problem is that once they know it becomes really obvious to everyone as there are certain areas you dont get rota'd for and you cant help with xray or carrying big dogs. With my first pregnancy I was really cautious and told them as soon as I knew but I feel a bit more relaxed about it now...I'm having to lift and carry my toddler all over the place anyway so I cant avoid lifting really and I'm just making sure i try to avoid the areas i need to without actually telling them for as long as i can. I'm sure it will come out soon because as soon as i get asked to scrub into a surgery or restrain a big aggressive dog I will have to say no and then it's obvious 🙈. Hoping I can muddle through a few more weeks before it all comes out though.
  • Just say you’ve put your back out that was my plan lol but then I just decided to get it out in the open. I’d rather they know cuz quite frankly my workload can be a joke sometimes. One of those places where the better you are at your job the more pressure they put on you but if you’re cr@p you get away with easy jobs 🙄 x
  • Haha yes I know that sort of job 🤣. You have to learn to be bad at things! 
  • Im working same pace as everyone else now 😆