Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2017

Due in February 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Hi ladies had my 28 week antenatal appointment today and heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time ! 

All well so far although iron a little low and measured at 25 weeks instead of 28/29 not concerned though as im quite tall 

Amy you have done well not to put on any weight at all ... I have gained nearly 2  stone now 🙈 ... my tummy has definitely expanded over the past few weeks for sure ! 

When are you ladies starting your mat leave ? 

• I'm a primary school teacher so finishing off at ChrI stmas, officially starting my maternity leave on 3rd Jan. I'll be 35 weeks by my official date, then going back for the new school year at end of August. 

• Don I think it's only because I've had no cravings what so ever and I'm only eating portions that I would've eaten before becoming pregnant. I was so scared to get on the scales thinking I had put up alot as my tummy has gotten alot bigger in the last 2 weeks.

If you don't mind me asking why are you only getting to here heartbeat at 28 weeks? 

• Hi everyone

I'm so glad I found this thread it's lovely to know how many of us are due in February. I'm 29 weeks now and measuring 3 weeks ahead i feel so big. It's worrying really as it could mean big baby (which tends to run in our famiy) or having too much water which could be a congenital problem. Not easy at the minute especially with having so many insensitive comments from people how love to mention the size I am. 

As soon as I mention I'm due in February they are so shocked! So I've tried a theory saying im due in 11 weeks which seems to sound sooner to me...no luck in had one guy saying more like I'm due in 11 hours...sigh

• I haven't weighed since 21 weeks but I actually don't think I've put on too much weight since then aside from the baby herself. 

I'm writing a book at home so I fortunately don't need to worry about maternity leave. Just planning to keep going as long as I feel like it. Shared parental leave is another matter however! OH can't formally apply for his paternity leave (he's taking 6 months) until my maternity allowance letter comes through from DWP and they have said it'll be around 9th December, so 5 weeks late! This means he'll miss the application deadline at work by a few days... hopefully they'll be okay about it given it's not our fault.

Hi Mum2TB, that must be so annoying. I've had a few people comment on how small I am and up until about a month ago people delighted in telling me I didn't look pregnant. Are you having a scan or anything to see why you're measuring ahead? 

• I was very small until last week, when I seemed to balloon! With my other two u always measured 2cm smaller than the week, but with this I measured 28 yesterday and I'm 28 weeks. I feel so much bigger than I have previously. And I've already put on 2 stone, not looking forward to my total weight gain in another 3 months. My eating habits haven't changed, I'm still eating same portions I was before!!

Still having my Shortness of breath, and it's not just occasional like going up stairs, it's constant. Midwife said my hb level was just above acceptable for anaemia, so she's recommended that I drink spartone iron supplements and have lots of greens and hopefully I'll be feeling fit again soon. 

I'm finishing work mid January, but only work 3 days,  so I'm on countdown already. 

• Hi sugarandspice no not yet, my midwife is going to measure me again at 31 weeks and see where we go from there. May be referred for a growth scan. She said it's quite common to measure above between 28 weeks and 30 weeks so hopefully baby will slow down a bit!

• Mum2TB, that makes sense - it could just be one of those things. I measure small but the baby is only slightly smaller than average and my fluid is fine. Good luck anyway!

Chelle, that's what I don't understand. I'm trying to be quite healthy but before I was pregnant I was the type of person who had to really limit my food intake and also do lots of intensive exercise to avoid putting on weight. So I really expected to pile on the pounds now I'm having to eat a bit more and exercise a bit more gently! Hope you feel better when you have a bit more iron on you. 

• So I'm the docs are saying I'm due in February. I'm 27 weeks since yesterday. And I was adding it up if I go by months I'm due in january. I'm might sound thick but I don't understand it.

• Amym, it depends how you define a month - if you say 4 weeks in a month, then 40 weeks would be around 8 months. If you say 5 weeks in a month, it's more like 10. That's why they go by 40 weeks instead of 9 months generally, to account for the differing amount of days per month. When calculating how many months I am, I use roughly 4.5 weeks per month as that equals just over 40 weeks.

• Yeah I figured it out. I feel so stupid for asking lol. 

The latest day or 2 baby is not as active as usual he's kicking but not as strong and not for long is this normal

• I would say as long as he's still active then it's probably okay but obviously it's hard to say for sure and you could mention it to someone if you're worried! My baby has days of being a bit less / more active than usual but as long as she moves I'm happy. I think a lot of it depends on position too. 

• Hi Ladies!

hope your all okay! haven't been on here in a while as I have been SOOOO busy! hope you are all doing well and feeling okay! I have been suffering with my back terrible but have physio booked in this week so fingers crossed that will help! Baby is really kicking now, very active on a night time more so than in the day! is everybody feeling prepared? I have another scan a week Thursday :)

• Hi again Amy, I hope physio helps with your back! We're in the process of getting prepared - I made a list of things we need last week, we have ordered most of the big things, and are now in the middle of NCT classes. I want everything ready before Christmas ideally as Christmas Day is exactly a month before my due date and then I can relax after Christmas before she arrives... Are you feeling prepared?

Good luck for your scan. My next one is 2 weeks today, when I'll be 33+6. Wondering if that'll be my last scan or if they'll squeeze one more in!

• I have a hospital appointment tomorrow so I'll just mention it to them. He's kicking but not for as long as he usually does. I feel him when he's turning as well. I don't know if they are ment to slow down as the weeks go by. 

Sorry if all my questions annoy people.  It's just I don't know what's ment to happen. 

• Nice to hear you are all getting prepared for your little ones! It's so exciting buying baby things. We have got most things now just need the odd bits. 

Went for my 28 weeks appointment today and was told my bump isn't even measuring on the scale so I have to go for a growth scan and movement monitoring. I know a few of you have been for growth scans what happens? 

• When you say not measuring on the scale do you mean measuring small? They just double check bubbas measurements to see that bubba is growing okay. Everyone is different, your baby could just be laying in a way that doesn't stick out. So don't worry!! Xx

• Yes my bump is measuring too small she said she could be curled up. I did go for a growth scan with my first but it was a lot further on in pregnancy and I didn't need movement monitoring. 

I think I just have small bumps my daughter was born 2 weeks early and weighed 7.7 so I'm trying not to worry.

• I wouldn't worry at all Hun as like you say she could be curled up. xx

• Hi all, just joined on here today.  We are expecting baby #4, due 25th Feb so 27+4 today.  I have a 4yr old boy and 2yr old boy/girl twins. We dont know what we are having but pretty sure the 4d scan we had last week had babies gender plastered all over it despite us saying we didn't want to know. Hope you are all well and pregnannies are going well.