Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Pregnannies 😂😂😂 I mean pregnancies! 😉

• Options

How big was your bump Laura? At 28 weeks, mine was measuring 4 weeks behind but the baby was only slightly small (about a week and a half behind I think, but definitely well within the normal range even though my bump wasn't). So I'm sure you'll be fine! Currently, my bump is about 2 weeks behind and the baby is about a week behind I think. 

Welcome Lilacgirl!

• Options

So I had my 28 week check up today and said it to the midwife about baby's movements. She talked to the doctor and they sent me straight to the maternity hospital. They put a heart monitor on my stomach and made me push a button everytime he kicked. They said he seems to be happy in there, but they want me back in the morning for a scan. So hopefully they can tell me what's going on tomorrow.

• Options

Welcome Lilacgirl and congratulations :)

I am 29 weeks and was measuring at 26 weeks so I'm trying not to worry too much. Thank you for the reassurance it helps! I have a CTG tomorrow to check baby is getting enough oxygen to grow and a growth scan on Monday. 

Hope everything went well at your scan Amym. 

• Options

I had my scan, baby is perfect and definitely a boy ☺ 

They told me that I am a high risk pregnany and I have complete placenta previa which is where the placenta is covering my whole cervix and there is a 1% chance it will move. So I'll be having a c section. I've to see a doctor every 2 weeks and go back in 5 weeks for a scan. 

In the mean time we are on a sex ban incase it makes me bleed.

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing really well? Welcome Lilacgirl80 too! 

We wanted to let you know about two threads we're chatting about today - the first is, have you put up your Christmas tree yet? If so, won't you come and share some pictures on this thread here. 

Also, if you already have an older child, when did they sit up? A new mum would like to know here. 

• Options

Glad the baby's doing well amym, and at least you know about the placenta previa now so you can take the right precautions. 

How did your growth scan go Laura? 

• Options

My scan went well thank you Sugar the measurements were fine and she weighed 3 pounds. She was also head down I just hope she stays that way!

Have you had anymore scans? They look so different at this stage compared to the 20 weeks scan! 

• Options

Morning Ladies

Haven't been on for a while, just been so busy. So I'm now 28+4 and have started really suffering with my hips. My midwife said she can refer me to physio but admitted there's not much they can do about it. I've tried sleeping with a long pillow between my knees, it works some nights but other nights it's so bad I have to sleep sitting up. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this (didn't get this at all with my previous pregnancy) and did a support belt help, if so, advice on what one to go for, it's just my hips, not my back xx 

• Options

MummySmith21, sorry to hear you are suffering - have you thought about an osteopath? Might they be able to help? 

• Options

Mummysmith, my friend is like this at the moment, same as you this is her second oregano it didn't affect her with her first. She got referred to physio, which as you said, doesnt do anything, but then had to see them so she could get referred back to mw and get a support belt off them. She said it's so much better with the belt on, she really has found it a big difference. Hope this helps. 

Is anyone panicking now as the countdown has gone into or is almost single week figures? Think it hit me the other day!! 

• Options

Glad your scan went well Laura! Our baby was estimated at just over 3lb at our last scan, which was at 29+6. I've got another one on Tuesday so it'll be interesting to see how much bigger she is. She certainly feels much bigger just in the last week or two!

Mummysmith, I have had hip pain too but my pillow seems to have done the trick in my case so I haven't really tried anything else. Gentle exercise seems to help though.

It's crazy isn't it Chelle! As of today, I have 7 weeks until my due date. When I think back to 7 weeks ago, it seems to have flown by so I'm sure the next 7 weeks will too. My mum's waters broke at 36 weeks on me (and OH was born at 36 weeks) - when I realise that's only 3 weeks away for me I get really freaked out! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we wanted to drop in and let you know about some threads we’re talking about today (if you're not busy having a baby!) 

The first is from a new member, she’s just pregnant and she’s wondering how is she going to fill her time until that big first scan at 12 weeks? How did you do it? Her thread is here. 

The next thread is about having your baby using the NHS (if you've already had a baby that is!) - do you have any wonderful stories to share about the care you received when you gave birth? Please come and post them on this thread

Also if you already have children, might you have any sleep tips for this mum with a 7month old who just won't settle for his naps? That thread's here. 

And if you have any experience with postnatal depression, please do check out this thread here. 

Thank you! 

• Options

Hi all, how's everyone doing? 

We are 32 weeks tomorrow so had a consultant appointment today .... Pip's estimated weight is 5lb 3oz which they said us roughly 35 week size! We were on target 3 weeks ago at the last appointment so I've to go in on Wednesday to be tested for gestational diabetes - has anyone else been tested for it? Or have/had it and can tell me what happens if I am diagnosed with it?

Slightly panicking now in case baby comes earlier if is bigger ... popped to our pram shop to check when they will have it in just in case! Am going to wash a few baby clothes today and pack a hospital bag for Pip this weekend, just in case!! 

Bev

• Options

Hi Bev, my friend had it all the way through her pregnancy and her beautiful little girl was born weighing just over 7lb. now a super healthy 4 year old with no health or weight issues at all. 

As far as i can remember the test was just to give you a super sweet sugary drink then test your bloods after a set ammount of time, but may have changed. 

Goodluck and big hugs xx

• Options

Hey Bev, I had the glucose tolerance test 2 weeks ago as my dad is diabetic, never tested with my other two though! I had to starve from 10pm the night before, only water to drink. Had bloods done at 9.30am, drank a glucose drink that they give you   then sat in the waiting room for 2 hours and had bloods done again. Take a snack and juice with you for after, I didn't, and was OK to begin with but by time I got home I was shaking, granted I wasn't very well at the time, was when I'd been in hospital for observations over my breathlessness. Xx

• Options

I'm very nervous about having a c section with my first. I have no idea what to expect or what the recovery is going to be like. 

I think I have been losing my mucus plug the last few days. I rang hospital but they just said to ring  them back if it keeps happening or to ring my gp

• Options

Hi Amy,

undorrunately I can't offer any advice as i'm a first timer but just wanted to offer hugs and support. Hope everything is ok.

Bev xo

• Options

Hi Amy, i havent had one myself but my friend had two. one energency and one planned. the planned one was really calm and peaceful. she was only on hospital 2 days.. no longer than many who give birth naturally and she made a super quick recovery. 

It must be scary, sorry i cant offer any first hand experience but i'm sure lots of people here wil, and will tell you that you will be just fine! 

Huge hugs xxxxxxxx

• Options

Sorry Bev - I haven't been tested for GD and our issue has been the opposite to yours, in that the baby has been on the small side. Good luck for when you have the test and I'm sure the baby's size will be absolutely fine! It never hurts to be prepared though - I'm 34 weeks this week and planning to put my bag together tomorrow. 

Amym, I can't offer much help to you either as this is my first too. But I agree with Ellabella - I have heard people say their planned caesareans were actuall very calm and relaxed compared to unplanned ones. I know there is a longer recovery time but at least with a planned one you go into it prepared and knowing what additional help you might need afterwards.