Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

My first was c-section, wasn't planned but wasn't emergency either, they tried inducing me which didn't work so then went down to theatre really calmly and relaxed and it really wasn't that bad at all, was at home within 48hrs. Ive decided to opt to try naturally this time, although I'm really not worried if they say I need a c section xx 

• Options

How is everyone else? I'm starting to stress out slightly as the haemophilia centre STILL haven't got in touch with my results from my blood tests last month. This means I don't know whether I'll be giving birth at my local hospital or the Royal Free in London. I have a consultant appointment at my local hospital tomorrow and the consultant said she wants to know the results and what the extra considerations for the birth will be as it might be the last time I see her rather than her assistant. 

How can it take so long?! I asked before and they said the blood test results are ready within 24 hours but it's getting them in writing that takes a while as their systems are slow. But a month?! I might give them a call later this afternoon. 

• Options

Ive heard planned c sections are way more relaxed. Its just the whole being cut open and not being able to do much for 6 weeks. I panic when things arent going right. I mean 4 weeks ago everything was was going smoothly with my pregnancy. Now its all up in the air.

I had a hospital appointment today. The doctor is sending me for another scan tomorrow to check if placenta has moved. if not I will be admitted to the hospital on the 2nd of January until I have a c section. Doctor said it's because major bleed are most common between 32 and 34 weeks. I don't want to be in hospital for all that time so hopefully get good news tomorrow.

• Options

Fingers crossed for you Amy

Sugar, did you manage to find out your results?

Hope everyone else is well. I tried to wrap presents last night, forgot how hard it is with a bump there!! And how bad the heartburn was after, squashing her all up bending!! 

• Options

image 31+2 belfie, eeek its getting real now 

• Options

Good luck amy - hopefully you'll get good news. 

Yep I got my results - luckily it'll be okay for me to give birth locally. Still waiting on the details for the birth plan but I broadly know what they are anyway - basically anything to reduce my bleeding risk! 

I also had my last scan at fetal medicine  on Tuesday and everything is looking good. The baby has had another growth spurt and was weighing roughly 4lb 14oz at 33+6 so I was happy with that. They said they would never know they had ever had any concerns if they hadn't seen me before and their gut feeling is that there won't be anything wrong. So all pretty hopeful! I have one more scan locally in 4 weeks' time (assuming I'm still pregnant then as I'll be 38 weeks haha). 

Nice belfie Chelle! You're right that it's becoming "real" - I suddenly feel much more round. I haven't had the pleasure of wrapping presents yet but I feel like a beached whale when I turn over in bed at night 😂

• Options

Hi ladies,

thanks for all the advice/support re the diabetes test ... Turns out I do have it so diabetic clinic on Monday to find out what I can and can't eat now!

hope everyone is well.

Bev

• Options

glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well with the pregnancys not long now!! I've just got back from my baby shower that my partner secretly organised with my friend!! I didn't have a clue!! It was so nice to spend time with my mates and have a catch up and play some silly games!!! I feel massive at the moment!! Like a whale walking lol imageimage

• Options

So I had my scan and the placenta has not moved they said it is very low. so I will be admitted on the 2nd for about 6 weeks. Also baby is weighing 3lb 13oz so far. They will keep scanning me while I'm in hospital to check. I'm not to keen about having to spend roughly 6 weeks in there. So I have 2 weeks to get the rest of baby's bits as partner wouldn't have a clue what is needed and is constantly working. Have to to find someone else to look after dogs too. It's stress on top of stress.

• Options

That's great news sugar im so glad everything is going well and I'm sure you will have very healthy little girl! That's a good weight too :)

Your baby shower looks lovely mummymitchell! You look like you got lots of presents for baby which will help you out a lot. 

Sorry to hear your placenta hasn't moved Amym I bet your really upset knowing you'll be in hospital 6 weeks but at least you know that you and baby will be looked after and you will get plenty of rest! 

• Options

I'm very upset about it. I don't want to spend 6 weeks in hospital don't see why I can't just stay at home. They wake you up every morning at 7am. Being prodded and poked.

• Options

What a cute bump ! I'm 31plus 5 and feel much bigger than you .. x 

is this your first baby ? 

• Options

Thanks Laura!

Amym, it doesn't sound very pleasant, I agree and I can see why you'd be upset as I'd be the same. But at least you'll be in the right place to make sure everything is going as well as it can be.

I think your bump looks nice and neat mummymitchell. I thought I'd add my own belfie. Im 34+1 today and feeling quite a bit bigger than I have done.

• Options

imageMy big belly at 30 weeks :) 

• Options

Aw lovely bump sugar...I'm 32 weeks today!! I've had two of my children at 33 weeks so I'm on high alert now to go into labour at anytime. Amym try and just think about the positive that you will be in the right place if anything happened. Just think that if you was at home and something was to happen you have got to then get to hospital but if your already there they can help you straight away no delay or anything! I know it must be horrible but they wouldn't have you stay in if they didn't think there was a high risk hun.!! Xx

• Options

Wow that must be nervewracking mummymitchell! Do they know why you have gone into labour so early before? 

I've had a feeling all along that I'll be slightly early but obviously I don't know that, it's just a feeling. 

• Options

Nice bump sofiahennessey!

• Options

With my first daughter I had pre eclampsia really bad so had to be induced, with my second she just decided to come at 33 weeks lol. and my son came at 37 weeks so hopefully as it's another boy I will get to at least 37 weeks. But they have to put me on high alert to go at anytime from 33 weeks As I've had 2 previous. It's not as nerve wracking as it's the 4th one lol and I know that if he was born now he would be fine!! I just want to get through Christmas and then I'm ready for him to come!! Lol xx

• Options

Yeh that's true - I felt reassured getting to this point as I knew she would be okay usually. Christmas is what I'm aiming for too! As soon as that's out of the way, my due date will feel close.