Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2018

Replies

• I'm loving the naps right now too! 

Aww firsttime. I held off dying my hair and brows and getting spray tans till after 12 weeks then after I went on as normal. Except I get foils so no dye touches my scalp anyway :) 

if you are concerned just hold off till bubba is here but make sure u keep pampering urself! It was one of the only things that made me feel myself in the end! 

• Think I may become to enjoy them! 

Yeah I have to wait until at least 12 weeks.. I have recently had highlights too but only foils so I'm the same as you :) 

Definitely must pamper ourselves! 

• So since January I've been at slimming world - I've lost 1 stone 13.5lbs and am now back in a comfortable size 8/10 which of course will soon change lol! But this morning I weighed and I lost half a pound! How is that possible when growing a little human lol! 

• Wow good work firsttime! That's so good! 

since having my son I've lost about 20 kilos (no clue in points/ I think roughly 40?!) - which puts me at lower than I was before him :) 

im starting this pregnancy about 6 kilos lighter than my last one. Hoping to keep weight gain to a minimum this time by watching my food And being more active! I'll have to stop eating my daily packet of smarties!  (that is my pregnancy craving this time!) 

Haha that's crazy uve lost weight! Mind you in this heat maybe your dehydrated hahaha. They say the most weight comes on u in the last trimester I think? Mine was def the first two last time! 

• 44 pounds, well done!! 

I'm with you on that one, I found since I found out last week, it's been a free pass to eat everything and anything but it has to stop lol! I've heard it's the last trimester too so not looking forward to that!! But slimming world is endorsed by midwives so I'm continuing to go to try and maintain my weight :) 

I'm also gonna try and become more active. Mmm Smarties though! I can't buy one pack or I won't be able to stop haha! 

• Well done on your weight loss it's so difficult.  

• Thank you meme! It is hard especially in this weather but then I think you sweat it out in this lol 

• I've just been swimming.  First time in a long time, my pregnancy is my motivation, luckily I'm self employed so I can work to suit myself.  

Had a bit of a battle with hubby over it.  He worries that pool water is dirty and I'm likely to pick up bacteria and infections and worried I move over do it bless him, interestingly though he thought this summer when we go on holiday that swimming in the sea would be ok.  I educated him.  

• Well done, bet it was nice in this weather too! I need to get back to exercising.. 

I'm still waiting on a midwife call :( 

• It was, I took it easy but enjoyed it.  Think I may need a new swim suit.  

Lunch now and a rest then work later.  I have to get out of lifting someones suitcase later.  

Im waiting for the hospital consultants to get in touch to take over my care and do tests.  

• Are you already starting to show then? 

I'm looking forward to a bump lol! 

Does anyone at work know yet? I had to tell managers. 

Ah, hopefully they won't be much longer for you!

• No just bloated I think, there wasn't much room in it before in the body, too much room in the boobs but its not long enough - just didn't feel comfortable. 

• Ah fair enough! You gotta feel comfortable x 

• All these tests and I still don't truly believe I am really pregnant yet ... I just don't feel it, Iv known for 2 weeks now but still came home and did another test just to be sure 😂imageimageimageimage

• Awww skittles!! Count yourself lucky! I have felt so poorly from 5 weeks! Xx

• Haha skittles! I'm gonna say youve def got a bun in the oven!!! :) Yayyyy. Start believing it girl!!! :) 

apart from being super tired and the few twinges here and there im feeling pretty good :) I might be a bit more relaxed this time round as its not my first and I'm too busy chasing after my boy to have time to think! 

Time is dragging a bit tho!!!

• Skittles you are definitely pregnant! I also have done loads of tests to clarify haha! 

I went to see Robbie Williams last night - amazing show! But as a result I had a lie in this morning and missed a call from the midwife :( as I was writing this she called.. got my booking appointment at 2!! 

• That's early isn't it first?....mine don't see people until 9 weeks 😞.  I want mine...it might feel more real then. I'm contemplating paying for a private scan just to prove to myself that there really is something there lol 

• Glad you heard something First!

I have my first appointment today and i'm 7+4! so excited... I really hope I get to hear a heartbeat. My friend has just announced her pregnancy and said her midwife told her that our hospital wont do the first scan until 14/15 weeks now? I am in a different council to her though, but if I get told that today I will pay for a private test also. xx

• hubby took me out last night for my birthday as soon as I finished work at 8:30.  We got home about 12:30mamas we travelled to a restaurant about 1 hour 30 mins away.  On the way back I just came over tired very quickly and could hardly keep my eyes open.  I was trying to stay awake as he was driving and I was worrying about him being tired.  

Im still waiting to hear about my referal from my doctor for the consultants at the hospital to take over my care.  I'm getting abit nervous as I'm almost at the point I was last month when I miscarried. About 5 weeks is the furthest Ive got.  my tests aren't getting that dark and I'm not getting 2-3 on cbd it's just staying 1-2 like last time, im trying to stay positive much getting more anxious.  I've not been sick yet, having plentiful bowel movements but not diarrhoe.  

Hubby said he can't get excited this time until he sees baby on scan and we've had our appointments and it's all ok, although occasionally when he talks about the future of the pregnancy and plans - I have to tell him not to get too far ahead of ourselves.