Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2018

Replies

• Mine isnt a scan - it's the booking appointment at home. So all paperwork. I wish it was a scan :( 

Tara let us know how you get on!! I think I'm 5 weeks today but not sure. Gonna tell her I'm not sure of dates too. 

14/15 is late! They say the latest for first scan is 13+6 because after 14 weeks the baby scan stretch and it makes it harder for them to measure them 

• Meme, I hope they get back to you soon!! Awful that they keep you waiting.. can you contact them and push for it? 

• I will if I don't hear soon.  I should of asked the doctor but he said they would send an urgent letter the next morning.  So that would be Tuesday, guess it's not that long to wait really 

• Every day feels like a week though when you are waiting to hear..hopefully you will hear soon!! 

Hi everyone, if you already have a child, we're looking for babies and children, up to the age of 12 years old to test (and keep!) toys for the MFM Toy Awards. For your chance to be a judge, please visit this thread which will tell you how to sign up. 

• Hi lovely ladies. Hope you're well! 

Unless you have had previous pregnancy complications I wouldnt bother with an early scan. A lady in another forum got one and she's only 5 weeks, so there's nothing much to see yet and now she's freaked out more, and all the ladies are in a panic in the forum about it too! Trust your body and baby-you'll probably find its all good! You'll usually get to hear baby's heart beat at the first midwife appointment or maybe your second if you have an earlier one. And the scan is usually anywhere between 11-13 weeks. Which seems like forever away I know! But it'll creep up on you :) 

though waiting till 14 weeks for a scan sucks!! That doesn't sound right at all!!! if that's the case maybe you'll be able to try another hospital so save yourself some cash oN a private one? 

I ended up getting a 3D scan at 30 weeks last time cos not seeingbaby from 20 weeks was too long for me and I wanted reassurance that everything was still fine, and he was def still a boy haha. And it was the best thing ever 💕

Hope everyone is feeling ok! I just did a workout and I'm about to pass out from tiredness! 

• So my midwife was here and gone in  20 mins! She took my blood pressure but no other tests and no heartbeat. 

Should get a date for my scan within the next week! Eek

• i think I will be a scan-o-holic 

• Firstti when's you're next midwife appointment? You'll prob hear it then as I imagine it's a bit early yet :) it only starts beating from about 6 weeks. 

Meme I don't blame you :) 

• I won't see my midwife now for quite a few weeks, she said after first scan. I think she said around 16 weeks to contact her at the surgery. 

So my next appointment will be my scan. She estimated my due date around beginning of Feb which would make me 6 weeks now so I'm hoping I'm not waiting too long for a scan but will let you all know when I have my letter hopefully next week :) 

• my appiontment was just forms, height, blood preasure and weight. I have my book though! I don't know what my friend was talking about because the scan will be like you said before 13+6 and after 11+6. I know have to wait for a call from the midwife in the next few days who will come and see me at home before my scan!

its crazy how different areas work differently when we are all in the same country!! Xx

• Tara, that's what my appointment was :) I won't see my midwife now until about 16 weeks apparently! Crazy. I will get my book after my scan. 

Scans here are between 9 and 13+6, I'd like around 10. 

My midwife came to my house today though, with 2 hours notice, I had to rush round making sure it was all tidy, shower and make myself presentable haha!! 

• awww I see, 2 hours notice!! who would have thought, yesterday when you were just waiting for a call you would get your appointment the next day!!  X

• I know Tara crazy! I also set myself up for a 2 hour chat and it was 20 minutes lol. 

How are you all feeling today? 

• rubbish! Really bad...I just want to keep food down. It's making days drag and work a nightmare :( x

• I found out I was pregnant yesterday due 18th Feb. I have a doctor's appointment tommorow. My 2nd baby I have a 2 yr old son already. It wasn't planned as such as I wanted a summer baby but things never go to plan. Im feeling pretty good atthe moment gotreally sore boobs and I am starting to get bigger already which is hard as I really want to keep it quiet untill my 12 weeks. My partner is happy and so am I as I don't think any time would of been a great time x

• welcome Laura 

• Welcome Laura! It's my second baby too :)

• Ive just got my 2-3 on cbd, omg I'm so happy.  i didn't get this far last time.  I was really starting to worry that i wasn't progressing 

• Delighted u got your 2 to 3 meme, I bet it had relaxed u? Im still getting faint on tests but I am testing in the evening, my cb digital is still showing 1 to 2 so like you I am hoping for the 2 to 3, I know I'm early like 4+2 still but I hear of people getting dark positives and I get a sinking feeling for myself