Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in February 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Hi ladies! How is everyone? 

I'm currently looking for a dress for my Christmas do for a reasonable price! Anyone doing the same / found any good sites? X

• So today I fished out my winter coat for walking the dog.....it won't zip up over my bump!!! 😭😭😭.  What do pregnant people do about coats? I haven't seen any such thing as maternity coats....not that I'm willing to splash the cash on a coat just for maternity lol  I'm just gonna have to freeze in my waterproof coat that's got room to zip lol 

• Skittles, they do maternity coats. Asda do ones that you can remove the padding after you've had baby so you can wear it normally.. I'm not bothering with a maternity coat as it's only 2-3 months, I'm just gonna brave it and layer up as I don't know what the coats would look like without the padding xx

• Hey ladies,

I found a great maternity coat at the weekend in a charity shop in Richmond, £12.50 and was originally from JoJoMamanBebe, bargain!  Like you said, no point spending loads of money on one when you'll only be wearing it for a few months. I'm desperately trying to find a dress to wear to a wedding this weekend but I can only really find summery ones, i'm going to freeze! Any ideas? I've looked at all the usual places like ASOS, Boohoo, New Look etc but really struggling. 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well. We were hoping you would come and tell us how many weeks pregnant you were, when you made your first baby purchase and what it was on this new thread. We'd love to hear from you 😊

• Hi Cuz,

i recently got a dress for a wedding from QUIZ, I know they sell the brand in debenhams. 

We have finally bought a travel system and gone for th Ocarro, just want to use it now!! Has everyone else decided what to go for?

• Hi hanny, I've bought the mothercare journey travel system :) xx

• Hi everyone, we just wondered if you might help us out with something. Do you receive our Monday newsletter emails? If so, please come and share your thoughts on them, and we're offering a prize for your feedback on this thread here. 

• Sorry I've been MIA ladies I haven't been receiving emails again for this thread? I don't understand why it turns off and on! 

Just checking in to say bellow and I hope everyone is well. 

I'm 25 weeks today. And measuring 31 😱 Twins huh! I'm struggling big time with insomnia and I've been sick with a cold, as has my toddler and it's been really really hard :(

had my appointment with midwife yesterday and it was a bit pointless :/ they ran over an hour late cos the midwife never turned up and I had to see someone else. They rushed me through and I realised after leaving they hadn't mentioned my glucose test (ive been told I have to have one previously) and didn't mention my matb1 🙄 So now I have to chase up these things. Which I don't really need right now!! 

I have an extra scan on Wednesday with the foetal medicine expert to dicuss Delilahs kidney. It's bigger than they'd like so they are checking it out more frequently and putting a plan in place as to how to manage it. I have a feeling she has a blockage which isn't serious, but It means surgery for her early on and that scares me 😪 Hoping the appointment will put my mind at ease a bit. 

Both girls are growing well though and are measuring spot on for normal growth for 24 week olds (I was 24 at the time) - so it's no wonder I'm feeling it now! 

my pelvis hurts at the front sometimes and I know it's cos of the stretching! 

how is everyone else feeling?

I'm starting to shop a little now as they were still girls at their last appointment :) only a few things cos I can't help myself. 

And next weekend we are doing a 4d scan so that should be fun :) 

xxxximage

• Hi AussieDea, first up, you look incredible! Though we're sorry to hear about Delilah's kidney issues - sounds like your docs are well on it though! 
    Secondly, would you please add chat@madeformums.com to your email address book - hopefully that means you should receive your notifications. 

Hi everyone else too, we'd love for you to come and tell us who is buying you your big baby stuff, like your pram and cot? Is it you or your parents or someone else? Please do come and tell us on this thread here. Thank you

• Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing ok :) 

We've just started doing some research in to what pram to get and just wondered what everyone else is going for? Any 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, 5th) time mums who have any really negative things to say about any of them? At the moment I think we've narrowed it down to either Cybex or this Swedish brand called Mutsy. 

• Cuz I am gonna be a 1st time mummy so not sure if my input will be any good for you but we have bought the mothercare journey :) we were gonna go with venicci but tbh, both do the same thing and the journey was half the price! I went shopping the other day and when I watched some of the mums pushing their prams and trying to maneuver them, some of the big names looked so difficult. Like some mums were tilting the pram to turn it etc.. the journey, I pushed around the store quite a bit and tbh, the maneuverability on it was amazing. Mothercare is fab as you can just go and try them out - they also try them in your car etc to  make sure they secure properly and fit in your boot etc! Sorry if im no help x

• That's really helpful, thank you First! We've not actually looked at the Mothercare brand stuff yet, we were probably diverted to the more pricey ones by the staff there.... We went into Mothercare the other day and we were so overwhelmed with all the different makes and models and then you add in the car seat and different bases etc, it was a minefield haha. I think we need to try again!

• If it helps.. mine was around £270 for the whole travel system :) it's just called the mothercare journey. You can get all different colours in it too. imagethe car seat comes with it too xx 

• I took a bit of a risk with mine and bought one off a foreign online store but I'm really happy that I did as I'm well chuffed with it...it's a baby merc junior twist, got it for about 180 then had to pay an extra 80 for the car seat base.  It's a perfect one for my lifestyle as its quite off roady and I do alot of dog walking at the local forestry centre and other off road places , only downside I think is it's quite big when folded to fit in the car but for me that's not a problem as I have an estate car but may be a problem for people with small boots. 

• Hi everyone, just to let you know if you need any help making decisions about buggy's or baby equipment, just start a new thread with your questions in, and our Reviews Editor who's an expert on all things baby product related will reply. 

And for those of you who already have children, we've just posted this thread about Grandparent's being unhealthy for their grandchildren - we'd love to hear your thoughts over here. 

• Hi ladies ain't been on in a while how is everyone doing? 

I'm struggling to drive now I have a KA and bump is getting in the way 😏 but today I say hello to 3rd and final trimester 😍 i have one very very active little girl she is non stop wriggling and 28 week scan on Monday 😁image

• You look beautiful Jane 💕

Feeling you on the bump front.really getting in the way now.

i just got out of hospital yesterday. My son had a stomach bug and I'd caught it- and was throwing up and had the runs. Felt awful. Went for my scan with my consultant and she Said she wouldn't scan me as I had 4+ ketones in my wee- and admitted me. Had to stay overnight and get loads of fluids. Got releasee yesterday and while Im not making as many trips to the toilet- I feel very off :( can't eat much and I'm just exhausted. Hoping to feel better soon. 

I think in all honestly I might have depression :( I'm feeling very low and have for sometime- but then I've been sick for a while now and it greatly affects me. I haven't been able to exercise or eat or go out or anything and I'm a bit of a ball of misery really. I have a 4d scan tomorrow hopefully I'm well enough for it- cos it would cheer me up a bit I guess. 

hope you're all well X 

• Jane you're looking good! Eek last trimester! I have recently changed my car from a KA as I thought I would struggle getting baby in and out of it and fitting a pram - have you tried? 

Aussie sorry to hear you haven't been well :( I hope you're on the mend now and back to full health again very quickly. Few more weeks left and it will be worth it for sure. 

I'm 26+3 today and still very small, I deffo think it's a boy. My bump is all front! image

• Thanks ladies I'm very uncomfy and measurements are bigger then norm but midwife said it's probably because it' my second. 

Aussie so sorry to hear you guys haven't been feeling well. Hope your all better soon nuffin worse then being I'll and pregnant. If your feeling abit low maybe talk to someone? U have been very stressed lately with one of the twins kidneys and having a toddler already is prob adding to your tiredness. Seeing bubs makes everything better so hope your ok 2moro x