Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019

Due in February 2019

1444546474850»

Replies

• Chilling out is easier said than done! But we can do it!!!

How is everyone doing today?

• I had a water birth on my last child after being told i wasnt allowed. It was amazing. It was instant relief and alot warmer thsn i expected it to be. I had gas and air when her head was crowing but the water made it so much easier,almost like a lubricant i guess and helped so much. Im hoping for wTer birth agsin this time but we never no what happens and my hospital only has 3 so its if its avaliable x

• I had my 20 week scan last Friday, it went really well and everything is fine can't believe that is my last scan unless any concerns later on I love seeing him ximage

• Hi everyone, we’re giving away 7 pairs of free tickets to The Baby Show at at London Olympia, from 19-21 October 2018. To find out how to win them, head to this thread

• I would love a waterbirth, but I seriously doubt it's feasible. There are only 3 available at the hospital and they deliver over 7000 babies per year... so I'm trying to set reasonable expectations.

• I'm feeling slightly naive that I don't even really know how to make the decision about what I want. I sort of want to do what will minimise the pain and keep stress levels low but I do also feel I want to try the most natural and not go down the epidural route etc unless I have to.

But I have no idea what to compare the pain to to know if I'll be desperate for relief and wishing I'd taken stronger drugs earlier. I also don't really know at what point you can change from one plan to the next during labour. I've kept a go with the flow attitude in my head but I can see that it's not gonna work like that and I'm going to have to make requests or write down what id like or something ahead of time?! 

• Ladies this is my 5th and ive never made a birth plan simply because you never no how your going to feel or whats going to hsppen. Ive always had a go with the flow trust my body and instincts. The midwives seem to know at certsin points if u need extra pain relief or support, this is what they are trained to do. Unless theres something u really dont want then id go in with an open mind and trust your bodies. They are built to labour and give birth and each time is different. You will know and at any given time you can express to your midwife if hr not comfy or you need some extra help or pain relief. Water is very soothing even when your at home in the early stages. Dont put so much pressure on yourselves now, no one can predict there labour and everyone will do it the best and most comfortable way for them. Our bodies are amazing let them guide you and have faith in yourself. The one thing i truly believe in is self control and breathing, if you can stay in control and calm your half way there xx

• This is my first and I know things will change so I'm trying not to get stressed about labour and birth plans and whatnot. 

There's just no point - baby will do what baby will do and you can't second guess it. Just try to enjoy the ride... when you're getting fat... and feeling tired... and sick... and achy... and you have a fudger of a cold, but can't take any relief for it... 

Yay! Pregnancy! 

• Mummytofour, just want to say how nice it is to have your experienced perspective in this group.

• So I’m 18+1 and suddenly feeling incredibly nauseous again?!?! What’s that about?! 

• I’m so relieved I dont have to excessively worry about a birth plan! I just want a healthy happy baby to arrive safely and I really don’t mind how he gets here as long as we’re both safe and healthy. 

I’m worried though. I went for my 20 week scan today (I’m 19wk 5days) and they couldnt measure/assess 25% of him. Apparently what he could measure was normal but his spine, lip, kidneys, abdomen and something else (skull I think) were all difficult to see. That really worries me! I’m going back on the 9th Oct and I‘m so scared. I just want to know that he’s ok. Has anyone else been told to come back? We had a private gender scan the sonographer there showed us all those things and didn’t say anything or sound concerned which should be helping but I just feel a bit helpless. I know nothing ever goes to plan but I just wanted to be able to feel a bit more content at this point. We’ve had two miscarriages to get to this point and I am eternally nervous and feel like I’m waiting for something to go wrong. 

Anyone else feel like this? It doesn’t help that people keep telling me I look really small for the number of weeks. Luckily baby is measuring right on the middle line for the gestation age so I can at least calm down about that. 

• Ahh thank you caligayle. I just think women need to believe in them selves more. We were made to carry , labour and birth babies, its the most natural thing for us. I think women put too kuch pressure on themselves of whats right and wrong and theres a stigma we place on ourselves of how we should labour. Everyone one of us on here will have a different labour and birth and everyone will be beautiful. It doesnt matter how you bring you baby into the world, weather ur labour is 2 or 22 hours, weather you have gas and air or epidural or if you have vaginal birth or c section at the end of the day thats your labour to bring your baby into the world and how its done is irrelevent, its ur story and there is no wrong or right. I see so many women putting pressure on them selves and worrying they forgot to enjoy the pregnancy and its so important you do as its part of your story and memory with your baby. I take every day as it comes and have an open mind with it all. Have faith in urself ladies and stay in control without comparison because you will all be amazing.xx

Bjrg

Tey not to worry. At my 20 week scan if you remember me saying our baby wasnt well behaved, they cdnt measure his head beacause the placenter was wrapped rnd him. It took them an hour after sending me to walk rnd and drink some juice, they said if that didnt work i would have to come back another day. Aldo like you said tou had a gender scan and you could see everything, they say the gender scans are for entertainmemt purposes but if they see a problem they tell you but also contact your hospital to make them aware so i wouldnt worry at all. Xxx

• Also bgrj everyones bump soze will be different, theres so many factors here that play a role in ur bump, ur height, weight, number of pregnancies, how steong ur tummy muscles are, how much u excercise so no bump will ever be the same. Dont compare yourself to anyone. Ur baby is happy and healthy thats all that matters xxx

• Hi Bgrj

we had our 20 week scan today & they did manage to get pretty much everything although they couldn’t do the detailed view of the heart (chambers etc) because baby was laying spine up (i.e it was like curled inwards) so we have to go back in 2 weeks for them to do that bit. The sonographer said it looked fine she just couldn’t get a good enough detailed view. We tried moving side to side & jiggling my belly but baby wasn’t budging. Like others say, I think it just depends if baby is in an awkward position, I’m sure everything will be fine at the next scan, try not to worry - I know easier said than done, I’m still a little anxious xxx

• Hi everyone, we've just noticed this thread is approaching the 1k posts mark which is great, but it's getting a bit hard to load on some devices and tricky to keep up with, so we've kicked you off a new continuation thread. 

CONTINUATION THREAD HERE! 

Please do click on the new thread and hit the green FOLLOW button so you don't miss out on any new posts. 

We'll lock this thread in a day or two so we don't have two chats going on at once, and everyone will get a chance to see this post. 

• Locking this thread now everyone.
    CONTINUATION THREAD HERE!