Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in February 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Has anyone been doing pelvic floor exercises? I thought I had but can’t be doing them right. I’ve had horrendous prolapse sensation over the last few evenings. It’s agony! It’s fine again the next morning but by 5pm I can barely move. Just don’t know what to do, I’ve not prolapsed as nothing hanging out etc (TMI sorry) but feels like a threatened. I have to work as we have a farm so its not like I can bed rest for a few days, life unfortunately just doesn’t work like that. Any advice would be much appreciated - pelvic floor exercise advice in particular would be amazing so I can strengthen the right muscles.

• Hey Bjrg. 

I have just started doing them properly last week because sneezing was creating problems!!!

Mine are just so weak I’m struggling to do it without tensing my stomach and thighs at the same time!!!

• I never really feel like of doing Kegels correctly. Instead I do full squats at the gym, but I'm not sure if that helps in the same way.

• Welcome to FirstTimeMumma25 and Isobelme - lovely to have you here. 

• Wow, I was going to come here and ask about pelvic floor - it's like you all read my mind!

I've been doing the whole 'squeeze like you're stopping the flow of wee' exercises whenever I remember since about 10 weeks, which sounds great... until I tell you that I remember to do them roughly once every fortnight. I've had an absolute stinker of a cold over the past week and a half which has manifested itself into my chest and I'm coughing like a 40-a-day smoker (with about the same lung capacity). It's got to the point that if I need a wee even slightly, it starts to come out when I cough particularly hard. I'm praying that once the cough goes, I'll be better but I'm getting really paranoid about what's going to happen after baby is here...

I now do the exercises more frequently, probably 3-4 times a day and hoping it will help!

Welcome to newcomers!

• Welcome to the newcomers, wonder if it's possible to get the list from the old thread, which had everyone's due dates and if they know boy/girl, transferred to new thread for new people to add to?

I've gone from calf and foot cramps to the added joy of really sore thighs esp high up on the inside. I'm hoping pregnancy yoga may help. I bet there are also loads of videos showing different stretches as well if you can't make a class.

I too have felt things are really low / falling out at certain points. 1 I don't know if time of month contributes to it 2. Since hitting 20/21 weeks it's been slightly better, perhaps with uterus moving up, but also if you have had your scan and all looks fine then try not to worry. X

• Youngmummy2019 - 1st February 💛

CaliGayle - 1st February 💙

Ctnbe-2nd feb 💛

Mummytofour – 3rd Feb -💙

Chelseafirsttimemum - 3rd Feb -💙

Fayeuk- 4th February- 💛

Northerngal - 5th February 💙

Em1188 - 6th February - 💛

wmeo - 6th February - 💛

Sophiemarie32 - 7th February - 💖

Ali05 - 13th February 💛

Smilelikeyoumeanit111 13th february 💖

inwardduck-14th February -💗 

bjrg - 15th February 💙

Mary58 - 15th February - 💙

CarollyntheKeebler - 16th February 💛

SmanfaX - 18th February 💛

lozza123 - 19th February - 💛

Lovebeingamom – 20th Feb - 💛

Sweaver- 21st Feb - 💛

Chezvonp- 24th February - 💛

MrsBeeL - 26th February - 💛

• image  20 week ultrasound!  Baby was balancing on his/her head!  Lol! Ultrasound tech said "I don't see how that can be comfortable!" image  And here is a foot meant for kicking!

• Hi ladies. Im not sure what a prolapse would feel like, ive had the odd problem when i sneeze but i found with my others walking and swimming also helps ur pelvic floors as i struggle to do it right. Staying active is good for most things, doesnt mean u have to go on a 10 mile walk. But swimming will also help aches and pains as it reduces ur body weight by 50 percent being in water. Xx

• WMEO, we've dropped you an email and private message.

• Hi everyone, we hope you’re doing well. Can you help with any of these threads? 

We wondered, do any of you know anything about being pregnant with a short cervix? If so, one member would love some advice over here. 

We also have a comp to win £200 Amazon vouchers with Carpetright over here - all you have to do is tell us about the changes to your home since becoming pregnant/having a child -  it's easy peasy. 

And finally, we have a new member who is pregnant and has had really bad pain in her upper body at night - any ideas? 

Thank you ☺️ 

• Sorry Danielle can’t help with any of those.

im literally going baby buying crazy! No one warned me of this!!! I just can’t stop buying things. We have moved house and need to spend on the house but aaaahhhhh I can’t help it. Cot, draws and wardrobe all bought. Moses basket. A bunch of baby grows and baby wipes. Pram and car seat I just can’t stop!!!!!!! Help me!!!!

• Amazing scan Carollyn. I am trying desperately to resist the urge to buy stuff, mainly because it would end up on credit card, but annoyingly the thing I'm most desperate to get going on is the nursery furniture I technically don't even need at first if they're going to be in with me. There is no logic, I just can't stop looking at it and thinking it would be nice to have a room to start putting things in. Where did you get your furniture from?

On other things, anyone else struggling to get flu jab? My doctors said the earliest they could see me is 3rd Nov! Which seems a good way away given I'm always catching colds. I wanted to get it like now and am wondering if I went to pharmacies boots etc If they would be just as good but quicker? 

• Get it from a pharmacy Em! You can book in with them and still get it free, you don’t have to wait til your Drs. 

• We found a nursery set we love in mothercare which was blooming expensive, so my mother in law and I went hunting on eBay, found the whole set, as good as new, for a third of the price. 

Just painted the nursery today and waiting for the furniture to arrive. 

im not looking forward to the flu jab. Putting off asking about it!

• Hello ladies,

Had my 20 weeks scan on Friday and was told again I have a very active boy in there image

Had a bit of a fright on Tuesday as didn't feel flutters for over 24 hours (felt flutters everyday for 2 weeks). Called pregnancy helpline who sent me to hospital to get checked. It was such a relief to hear baby's heartbeat, the little monkey must have changed position and I couldn't feel him anymore. As soon as I was out of the hospital got flutters again... No pattern yet but I love feeling him move. 

Got pics of my scan on my phone, will try to post them here tomorrow. 

I also had sore upper thighs last week, seem to be gone now. I receive a text to book my flu jab so need to get that sorted but, like a few here, Boots have been advertising it and I wondered whether it's faster to go through them? Any of you booked it with Boots? 

Can't believe I'm more than halfway there! So exciting ! Hope you're all keeping well. 

• We have our 20wk scan today. Nervous and excited. I want to know the sex so hope baby stays still enough to look for that.

i definitely feel a routine with my movements. Baby flutters in the morning when I lay in bed for a little bit, around 2pm after lunch, another active period between 7-8pm at night and when I lay in bed to sleep it has another crazy 30mins or so of movement. Which is when my partner snuggles up and puts his hand on bump to feel it.

as for flu jab my doctor was so keen to give it to me I had it at my midwife appointment on the 12 sept. He had just received his amount for the practice and I was the first to recieve it.

woopino cough next, worried it will make my arm hurt but it’s all for baby bump so I will just have to suck it up 😊

• Do you have to just phone the gp for the flu jab and whooping cough?

my midwife hasn’t mentioned it to me 

• Yes just phone and book in with the nurse there 👍🏻

• My placenta is at the front and im 23 weeks, not felt any movement except the odd twinge. Its quite worrying and first pregnancy so dont really know what to expect.

Anyone else like this? 

Due 2nd Feb xxx 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions