Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Hi firsttimemamma25 my placenter is at the fron and in 23 weeks aswell. I dont get big movements just the odd flutter. As baby gets bigger you will feel more as baby will move it out the way, baby still has alot of room at the moment to hide behind it. My last baby placenter was at the front aswell so please dont worry you will feel it, first babies can take a little longer to feel aswell because your tummy muscles are still steong. Xxx

• Options

Thank you Mummytofour. Thats so helpful to know :) 

Im just worrying about everything lol x

• Options

Sooooo nervous for my 20 week scan tomorrow! It’s not until 6pm so have to wait all day! 

Just hope everything is okay!

• Options

Good luck this evening MrsBeeL - are you going to find out the sex? 

• Options

Hi MrsBeeL, I also have my 20week scan today at 3pm and very nervous. We had a car accident 2 weeks ago luckily the person overtaking hit my husband side and not mine but we had a scan and they said baby was fine, however just hope all the checking today comes back clear.

We have decided not to find out the sex as we feel it will be such an exciting surprise on the day. 

Good luck today xxx

• Options

Thank you danielle. Yes we are, but have decided not to tell friends and family... which may prove tricky!

• Options

Hi BunnyMum - how did it all go Yesterday? 

Mine was fine everything healthy.

if I’m honest - not the gender I was hoping for but happy and healthy baby is most important. 

and this morning I have just found out I’m losing my job - end of the month. Who is going to want to employ me at 5 months pregnant?!?!

• Options

Morning MrsBeeL,

Everything went really well Thankyou. Although the little horror was facing my back and just being awkward. Doesnt like pictures like its Daddy 😂

What are you having? So sorry to hear about your job. Did they know you were pregnant as didn’t know they could get rid of you while you are. I havnt actual told my employees yet as I am an contractor with engineering design so abit of a fuzzy line for me about maternity pay. Trying to learn as much as I can before I have to tell them. 

So glad both our scans are all perfect ❤️

xx

• Options

Is anyone else planning on sharing maternity leave with their partners? We are hoping to split it so I have 6 months off work and then my husband has 3. We're thinking, if we can afford it, it will be good for daddy to also have a good chunk of time bonding/ starting their adventure together, but as always it all depends on our finances. 

Baby definitely has its own pattern now. Likes to have a little wiggle in the mornings when I get up, then again its very active in the afternoons, then has another active hour when we're in bed relaxing. 

Hope everyone else is keeping well and bumps are growing. Xx

• Options

BunnyMum - I work freelance and had an ongoing contract with a company so although they know I’m pregnant they can end the contract any time. 

• Options

Oh that is my worry about when I tell them. I have found this quite good document for contract. It may help xximage

• Options

Quick Announcement!
    Want to be a tester in the MadeForMums Awards 2019?
     You could be testing anything from a buggy to baby carrier or hundreds of other products we’ll be putting through their paces. To find out more and how to  sign up, please visit this thread. 

• Options

Thanks bunnymum.

anyone have their flu and whooping cough at the same time? Just had mine and nearly fainted and had to be tipped upside down and blood pressure checked and all sorts!

• Options

Hope your ok mrsbeel. Did they say you were ok after the checks. My friend had them at same time last week and she was fine x

• Options

Yeah the nurse said its quite common with pregnant women so was prepared. I have low blood pressure usually so although it was low it picked up again and I was fine. Just got dead arms now!!!

• Options

So ladies i had a fall this evening landed flat on my stomach wich isnt small i have a definate bump. I got my foot stuck and just fell forward. Now baby is moving hes very active and i feel ok. In all my pregnancies ive never fell so do i just watch movements or am i supposed to tell someone. Just feel if i go hospital all they will do is monotor novements and they cant scan until day times ( i no this from a friend going) xxx

• Options

Hey mummytofour

yeah definately keep an eye out - maybe call he nhs 111 number and talk to someone for reassurance?

hownare you feeling now? It was 3 hours since you posted...

• Options

Mummytofour I've been in to different hospitals over the years as I have pregnancy complications and I've been scanned at night on bank holidays. It's not the sonographer as they're not working but the doctors so they can give you reassurance if need be. As long as you're over 16 weeks I think, which you are then you won't have to go to A&E it's then you'd have the problem with the scan.

Think you're right they'd probably monitor baby first to see movements etc. Then offer the scan if they're were concerns .

If you think you're alright for the night then I'd probably definitely contact your midwife tomorrow, before weekend, just to see what she says.

Hope you're feeling ok.

• Options

Mummytofour are you doing ok?

hows everyone else doing?

• Options

Hope you're okay mummtofour. I've come down with a horrendous cold! Thursday I coped but yesterday I got worse and worse. I don't feel like I've got a pattern of movements yet, I've definitely felt some but not totally obvious, however I got a bit worried yesterday as I felt it was less maybe than before. I guess being sick and literally violently sneezing all the time may make baby quieter but now I'm paranoid. I feel really run down so like a couple of pounds I had on for eating etc isn't there. I've not dropped all the weight I've gained that quickly but just feel less of a bump and activity. Am I losing the plot?! I was thinking I'd see if I feel better today before doing anything. My midwife has been so rubbish I don't even have a number to call or text I'd have to phone th hospital reception and try and work out what to do from there.. 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions